1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random cellphone babbling thread #1

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Disciple of The Watch, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

My Nokia 3210 has been going strong for five years now. The moral of this story - get a quality cellphone and it will serve you well for years to come.

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

As a man with his pulse somewhere safe DotW, here's one for you, I have a Nokia 6230i currently and my contract allows me to upgarde it at the end of the month. Suggestions please?

4. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I've got a Nokia 1100 which I got a couple of years ago (or was it 3?), and it still works wonderfully well after being dropped from a height of several meters a couple of times (it landed on rocks once, and almost fell in the sea...). It has absolutely no bells & whistles, and as a result the battery lasts for 10 days without needing recharge (always good for me because I ALWAYS forget to recharge my phone).

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

My Nokia 6060 looks nice, works nice, and the battery is of good quality, but the GUI could had used more thinking. Many of the folders are inter-linked and there are too many layers of them -which makes it confusing to use them. I would had also liked to have the "end call" button right at the hands instead of having to search for it from the selection...

Plus, hands-free should had been included in the package. You really can't play those games without it since you can't mute phone-apps.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My 3310 is ding, i think. ity sounds funky and I suspvect all the battering it has been through is finally taking its toll.... which sucks.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm still using me mom's and she got Bell mobility on an Audiovox. That kinda sucks me think.

8. Disciple of The Watch

[Poof, here goes my expertise]

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    How come you're so knowledgeable about Cellphone DotW? It's simply amazing! If I ever want one I'll drop you a PM :)

10. Disciple of The Watch

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I wonder if Ziad's phone is even more basic than mine!

12. Disciple of The Watch

13. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Shall we organise a contest? :p
    Mine is B&W, no java, no camera, no radio, no anything really. It's got the really useful stuff (alarm, timer, reminders, and so on) that I use a lot, considering how bad my memory is, but other than that it's just a phone. Small and light, too!
    :doh: I can't believe it, I sound like a Nokia advert, and for an old phone on top of it

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    i still have a Nokia so ancient you only get block letters out of it somewhere..... :p

15. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

The 1100 is basically a newer version of the 3210 that is a bit smaller and has better battery life.

16. Disciple of The Watch

17. Harbourboy

What would be the point of putting a colour screen on it? You only need 2 colours to be able to type in a phone number.

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wake up and smell the 21st century, Harbourcaveboy! ;)

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I don't "love" them...I just think they look sexy. :love:

I'm now in love with the Samsung SGH-T809 :love:

My brother has this phone, and it is amazing...and sexy too! :bigeyes: :love: :rolling:

20. Disciple of The Watch

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.