1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread CXVIII

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Currently stressing out on my master project. It was originally planned to be finished at the end of November, but me and the prof decided to push it forward to perhaps the end of January.

Once I've handed in my thesis I will spent weeks doing nothing but sleeping and gaming...

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I haven't posted in a while so there's a funny dialog (that some might find to be untasteful [distasteful?]*) from FX's Archer

Archer: That's like, the third saddest thing I've heard today
    Lana: Jesus, what was the first one ?
    Archer: A five years old girl drowned trying to save her puppy
    Lana: Jesus ... and the second ?
    Archer: The puppy drowned too...

:hahaerr:

* Which is it btw ? Untasteful or Distasteful, I can never tell.

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It's distasteful, not untasteful. :)

4. Ofelix

Media:
    So you're saying that it is distasteful ? Yeah I thought so too, I just wasn't 100% sure. :p

5. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That wasn't distasteful! After having to fight my way through the school run today I'd happily drown a few 5 year olds!

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah, but the puppy . . .

That's distasteful!

:p

7. Ofelix

Media:
    I know, right ? Poor puppy :(

8. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Depends. If it was a proper dog then fair enough but there's a woman with a kid at Ashley's school and she has one of those little yappy things that look like someone dropped a tampon in the bath and then stuck a lead on it

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Yeah, but that's not a dog, it's a rat in a costume.

10. Silvery

Media:
    Rats are better looking

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    So it's a rat dressed as a Pekingese or some other small "dog" for Halloween.

12. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Didn't you do your master thesis already? (I thought you were in Delft at the same time as me.) Or do you mean your Ph D?

13. Morgoth

Media:
    Hey henkie.

No I lived in Delft because my parents live there. I moved in 2010 to Amsterdam to do my master at the VU. But wow, you studied in Delft? What and when did you study?

14. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Ah, I studied Aerospace engineering at the TU till 2006. I just remembered someone playing Red Faction back when I was playing that (2001-2002 -ish) who also had a nick Morgoth and was friends with someone who studied in Delft also, so I kinda assumed you might be the same :)

Congrats on getting your master (in a few months). I'd recommend some holiday afterwards. I didn't and went straight to work - couldn't afford a decent holiday anyway - but was longing for one for a long time afterwards.

15. Morgoth

Media:
    I'm not sure what I'll do after graduating. I'm still deciding between entering a phd program and getting a real job, but there is not much enthousiasm from my teachers offering me a position and I haven't really looked elsewhere.

However, I do need to buy a new computer before I can play a 2006+ game so I might have to skip on the vacation and immediately get a paying job :D

16. Tarrasque

Tarrasque Whoever said Paladins had to be charismatic? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Eeeek just bought (and moved into) my first flat. :D :mommy:

17. Ofelix

Media:
    Awesome, good for you.

I feel like I've wasted so much time, switching program and all. 25 and I'm still an undergraduate student. Oh well I'm halfway through, three terms left. After graduation it's get a job, get a flat, and all that good stuff. Who would've thought that I'd become a "responsible" adult :p

18. henkie

Media:
    Well, they did offer me a PhD, but I wanted to do something that actually resulted in something productive, so I got a job instead. Anyway a PhD is not a big deal if you're looking for a job in NL. If you're planning to go somewhere else, it is more of a deal, generally speaking. What are you studying, by the way?

And who needs those new-fangled games anyway? Haven't played anything newer than 2000 in the past few weeks (mostly Jagged Alliance 2).

19. Morgoth

Media:
    Technical AI, but my master thesis is focused on model checking (which is more like theoretical computer science). I like doing the research though and thinking about hard issues, but I'm not sure if I will still like doing that in 4 years.

:p My brother bought me the latest rome total war, and I'm itching to play the three Witcher games.

20. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You mean, like... searching the web for pics of, I dunno... Doutzen Kroes? :p

Morgoth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.