1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread CXVIII

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
  2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I went to my grand mother's for thanksgiving yesterday; the whole family was there, it was fun. But during dinner my three years old niece just wouldn't let go of my arm she didn't eat much either. It was cute and a little annoying :lol:

I know it's wrong to pick a favorite amongts my sister's children but I can't help it, this little lady just melts my heart.

Isn't she adorable ?

[​IMG]

3. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That's you on the couch?

4. Ofelix

Media:
    That's my uncle, I'm the one holding the camera.

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Makes sense.

6. Ofelix

Media:
    It's also the least blurry picture of the lot, by happenstance it happen to be her. I must've took a dozen pictures of all three of my sister's children. Have you ever tried making children under 5 years old hold still for a picture ? Can't be done.

Oh and the ugly wool jacket-thingy was made by my grandmother, I guess my sister felt it would be polite to put it on. But the joke's on her, 'cause Charlotte (the daughter) loves it :lol:

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Haha! That's pretty tough, yeah. :D I have made a dozen pics of my nephews when they were 5. From the side, when they were staring out of the window waiting (in vain) for the thunderclaps that would follow my camera flash.

*Clickrrzzt*
    -FLASH-
    "Hey! Another one! 1... 2... 3... (etc)"
    :evil:

Ofelix likes this.
  8. Ofelix

Media:
    Tricking children ! Brilliant, why didn't I thought of that ?

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I hate hand sewing. Why don't I own a sewing machine?

(This message brought to you by the Society for the Prevention of Bloody Fingertips)

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Use a thimble! :)

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    So, my primary computer just blew the power supply. :nolike: Fortunately I take backups of important data every day and I have a backup machine + an old work machine to work on for now.

And, I'm still within the 3-year period with next-day on-site service. Awaiting technician on Monday.

:mad:

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ugh, that's got to be a pain in the ass... but I assume your hard drive's still ok, though?

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Man I hear you, a broken computer is no joke. Anyway who doesn't keep data backup ? This is the 21st century after all.

EDIT: Why does every time I write something using the italic brackets [ i ] [ / i ] an " * " appears after the word ? I have to delete afterward every single time.

14. Merlanni

Media:
    I have a spare PSU.

Finally found 30 red nirnroot, without looking it up on the net.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    So, it took the technician half an hour to fix the machine, including running a diagnosis. No permanent harm done, it seems.

Still, teaches you the value of regular backups! (Or as we used to say: Real men don't take backup. But they do cry!;))

16. Merlanni

Media:
    Always make partitions or store data on a second drive.

17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Also, always make sure you're wearing a clean pair of knickers. If you go out and get run over by a bus, the last thing the paramedics would need to see is your dirty skivvies

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you get run over a bus, your skivvies are going to be dirty no matter how clean they started out :)

19. Merlanni

Media:
    Underneath the previous post is an add. the ad says:

Wow! this is not a joke, you are the possilbe winner of an I pad in your favorite colour.

Be quick and click OK.

If you don't, someone else has more change to win.

We all know people who still click on it, do we not?

20. Ofelix

Media:
    Have you ever had a class where you get good grades but aren't really sure you understand anything about the topic ? I got a B+ on my latest paper, and well, truth be told I don't know how I did. :confused:

Oh and there was a flooding in my Uni's server room; which means every single online service is down for the foreseeable future. No emails, no online library, no moodle, etc. Guess it means I'll have to do research like they did in the goddamn middle ages, i.e. in situ :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.