1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread CXVIII

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Me too, at least when on the mountain bike or racing bike. But even then I have to wipe the sweat from the glasses from time to time and that's usually enough to catch another fly in my eyes.

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Your eyes sweat much, do they?

4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Copiously.

A little drips down from my forehead too, of course.

It gets so bad that if it's hot and I sweat a lot, after I cool down and the sweat dries up, my eyes sting from all the residual salt.

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    [​IMG]

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, it's only the second day of the Steam Summer Sale and I've just made my first purchase (of this sale, that is). I wonder how many I'll end up with by the end.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'm doing fine so far, although I'm seriously tempted by Worms Revolution.

But I've got nerves of steel. Years of Steam sales have hardened me.

8. henkie

Media:
    Yeah, kinda like that.

In winter only the bottom half of my eyes are red, though. And they prick with thawing afterwards instead of salt.

You mean to say you already got most of what you thought you might like to have over the years, so there's not that much interesting left?

Works that way for me. Plus I have so many games that I haven't even as much as installed yet.

9. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I’ve found that I’m becoming the opposite. It used to be that I’d have a list of a few games that I wanted to buy, but because I knew I wouldn’t play them right away, I’d wait until they went on sale – my criteria was 75% off, and less than $5. However, they had to be games that I definitely knew I wanted to buy.

Well, for the last year or so, while the 75%/$5 limits haven’t changed, I’m finding that, if I see a game that I think I might enjoy, I’ll take a chance and buy it even if it wasn’t a game that I was previously interested in; because it’s only a few bucks, I figure even if I end up not liking it much, it’s no big deal. So to make sure that my unplayed library doesn't get too large, I need to keep reminding myself not to buy a game just because it's cheap unless I also think there's a good chance I'll like it.

10. henkie

Media:
    Sometimes it's good to just take a chance, I've found a few gems like this.

I've also found some games that I don't like like this. And some high profile games that were quite the hype back when they were released, but that have utterly tedious gameplay.

My rule is usually that I don't get platformers and point-and-click adventure games. Simply because I totally suck at platformers and generally don't find the adventure games very interesting. There are a few exceptions, but that's mostly it. And since a lot of the stuff on GoG is platformer, adventure or puzzle, that already rules out a lot of the games.

11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I usually check first if TotalBiscuit did a review when I'm not sure about a game. Unless it's a more mainstream game, in which case I wait for Yahtzee to review it. I rarely go on blind faith or impulse, but it has happened before in the past. Otherwise I follow the same 75% off and less than 5€ policy, but I've also made it a habit not to buy any small or indie games directly on Steam because they generally pop up in one bundle or another.

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've been bonding with my 9 yr old with Minecraft :p. He hooked me into playing with him and we argue about the fact that he uses all our diamonds for armour.

13. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

As a kid I fed spiders with the houseflies my mom wanted killed. I learned to daze them so they would wiggle in the net. I also studied ants intensively and begged my parents never to poison their entrances in the garden. Insects are fascinating in my world =)

Merlanni and Dice like this.
  14. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I used to burn everything as a kid. Damn near burned my house down once, but luckily it's old construction and doesn't really burn well. Still has scorch marks though.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, it smelled like BBQ. ;)

16. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Don't you just hate bad plot hooks? A decent plot hook is absolutely vital to kick off a campaign story, and so many official adventures fall short right off the bat.

I so don't appreciate having to do extra work on something I paid money for...

17. Dice

Media:
    Hi Chev! Nice to see you lurking around here.

18. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

@Keneth

What is the best campaign story you've ever bought for the D6D universere around lvl 13-16? or is that like asking a father which of his children he likes the most =)

Just curious since I am always on the lookout for good campaigns for my group, but never had much experience with late game characters, and this current group has slowly crawled up there.

19. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Uhhh. Are you asking for adventures which start at that level or adventures which are best at that level? And which system? D&D is a pretty vast spread of systems.

Although, to be honest, I couldn't tell you either way. More often it's not the adventure that matters, it's the group. I've had a lot of fun with many of the Pathfinder adventure modules and adventure paths. I'm gonna be starting Reign of Winter shortly with a new group, but the starting hook is kinda meh.

20. Dice

Media:
    Cough cough cough... hack... cough....I....sneeze ... nvm......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.