1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread CXVIII

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
  2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Congratulations. The world was watching at the edge of their seats.

New Zealand 2-South Korea 1. (not soccer)

3. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nope. Even paladins should know better.

4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    But especially paladins are prone to striking a pose (pointing a finger/sword/gun) and yelling something like "Stop, foul knave!" instead of just swinging/shooting that fist/sword/gun and eliminating the threat directly.

Of course film/cartoon/game villains are prone to the same behaviour as well. *While you are striking a pose, I'll just give explain the plot/deliver the plotline/hole and explain my overly elaborate plan/trap*.

In cartoons, the villain's plot is then thwarted but he gets away (or escapes the prison/asylum). In movies, the villain then proceeds to kill himself or directly attacks the protagonist, so the protagonist can then either claim self-defense or (s)he can look abhorred as the villain falls/burns/explodes/trips to death.

In games, the villain is obviously a bossfight. In case you can damage it directly, it's a straight-up bossfight, otherwise it's a puzzle boss. Nowadays, it may be a Simon-says boss, pressing the buttons at the right time for the cinematics to continue for the viewer/player.

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Merlanni is taking the term "random babbling" to new heights! :p

6. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Indeed, they are far too often played as stereotypical caricatures. Even worse, Game Masters/Authors force this behavior on them instead of giving them the freedom of character others get to enjoy. I've seen some marvelous paladins in my many years of roleplaying that were both genre savvy and pragmatically goal-driven; Generic heroes just make me sad.

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Great news. I am playing, so far without problems, the Beta of Divinty Original Sin.

So?

Well, it is almost BG like. Almost the same game. It plays like Temple of elemental Evil. Isometric RPG with a party what do you want more?

On Steam, go get it.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    So much...

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well I got my son a WII U for his birthday and FINALLY I can watch netflix without the god-awful buzzing fans of my old PS3!

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    The best console is obviously the one that blows the hottest air.

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well I still have the PS3 - I just put it and it's cords in a bag near our big TV so I can switch it over if I need to play Fallout or something.

12. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Personally, I feel that all consoles are a waste of money. I haven't owned one since SNES and Game Boy (classic) fell out of use. Eventually everything comes to PC, either as a port or via emulation.

13. Merlanni

Media:
    One platform to rule them all.

14. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Or something like that.

---------- Added 3 hours, 54 minutes and 56 seconds later... ----------

I hate it when I get a text and I get all excited about it, and then I realize it's just some crap from my phone company.

It's even more depressing that I get excited about texts in the first place.

15. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    DM here, dropping in for my yearly visit. See y'all next year!

16. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Hey, DM. Bye, DM.

17. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Ditto.

18. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Ugh, my water pump is starting to get noisy for some reason. Taking it out to see if it needs cleaning is a pain in the arse though. I'm not sure I can sleep next to this crackling noise. :(

I wish I could find some decent earplugs. Mostly to drown out kids, dogs, birds, and lawn mowers.

19. Merlanni

Media:
    As in artificial pond?

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh hello y'all ! I've been busy lately, what with my new job and my summer class. What did I miss ?

*reads back posts*

PC vs Console ? Shiiiiit, I'm not touching that one with a 3.04800 meters* pole. No sire !

* Because f*&k you British measurement system, you're stupid, incoherent, and evil. Metric system ftw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.