1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread CXVIII

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Lol hi Old One :hello: Glad you enjoyed your pizzas.

I cleaned out my car today and feel like I have a two cm layer of fallout on me now.

2. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That doesn't make any sense, the skill point formula is (X+Int modifier)/level (x4 at 1st level) with X being class base and the minimum being 1 (or 2 for a human). So a dwarf fighter with 9 Int should get 1 skill point per level and a human rogue with 6 Int should get 7 skill points per level. I doubt they got something so basic wrong. Maybe with IE's limited system, but certainly not in Aurora. And there's really no point in penalizing the skill points past the minimum, even animals can learn to do some things well, and you obviously can't go into negatives unless your character has Alzheimer's or something. :D

3. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

I did somewhat the same, the walk around porches at moms and my house. Same house thank goodness, moms doing somewhat better and enen drove to town a few days ago. I know what you mean about the fallout layer. Glad you got a laugh my lady!

Dice likes this.
  4. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Or watch too much TV.

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I bloody hate the sun. Looks like I'll have to switch my biking trips to nighttime. :almostmad:

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You don't see much at night, unfortunately.

7. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You mean you don't see much at night. :p

I actually see quite well at night as long as there's some light (like the moon). On the other hand, daylight, especially direct sunlight, kills my vision pretty thoroughly. Even with really good sunglasses, I can't make out the full color spectrum or minute details for hours.

8. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Keneth you ever wondered if you were a vampire?
    intelligent, poetic, spring depression and now night vision.

9. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Probably more something like a drow or whatever. And not the prissy Drizzt-type.

On second thought, I think an illithid might actually be a better fit. No pun intended.

10. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Not the bike riding types. Deurgar? Troglodyte?

11. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I suddenly have this intense urge to draw an illithid riding a penny-farthing.

12. polyblip Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I ride at night so no one recognizes my ungainly form in spandex.

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    You shan't see me wearing spandex, no siree!

14. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I only wear spandex on the racing bike. Everybody does it, so nobody notices. Just another speed freak.

On the mountainbike no spandex for me. Mountainbiking in the dark is pretty fun, actually, though the speed suffers with the visibility. Good lights is mandatory, too, because hitting a tree at full speed is not my idea of fun.

Fixed up the bikes last weekend, went for a trip. I expected the muscles to protest with the sudden excercise (after moving further away from work, I haven't biked pretty much at all for the past half year). It seems more like they considered this a good warm-up, getting the blood flowing and getting rid of the lactose acids that seem to build up from sitting behind the desk. The rest of my body was tired and hungry, though.

15. Merlanni

Media:
    Every day I receive car windscreens. Every day all are intact. But not on the one day that you are doing something else important.

16. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Got my coffee, moms cat on the bed behind me, mom asleep finally, best time of the day. I think I'll watch the rest of Defiance season 1 a little later. Quiet cool and peaceful here.

17. Dice

Media:
    I've been watching season 1 or Jericho recently. That's pretty good.

18. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Yeh, it's aight. Too bad it was canceled though.

19. Dice

Media:
    Yes most of the good ones are cancelled. Dead Like Me was one of my all time favourites and it only went two seasons. The Unit was also awesome and I think it had three seasons.

20. Old One

Season 1 Defiance? Season 2 is on starting next month. I thought I was the only one nuts enough to like Dead Like Me, glad I'm not alone. Did you see the movie? Almost like watching the series. I found a bunch of the old off beat series on Amazon Prime. I Even got mom watching The Dresden Files on her tv. Took awhile for her to get the hang of using a smart tv but now she has it down to a T. Kinda cool a woman with no tech skills and almost 90 years old using a big tv on the internet. 21st century is here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.