1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread CXVIII

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Goblins have a website? They must've upgraded from canon fodder then.

3. Dice

Media:
    OK I get it ... so you are proving the point right?

4. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I've no idea what I'm talking about. I've no idea what you're talking about. I've no idea what T2B is talking about.

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've been grinding these skeletons for so long, I must be an epic level character by now.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It means T2 mixed up his meds dosages again...

7. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Do you not get 0XP at some stage?

What about negative XP? Grinding penalty. Perhaps something for the new 5.0 rules, or 6.0 if you like.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Depends on the system. Truth be told, my PnP group doesn't use XP anymore; It's a pointless accounting job.

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

a Skeleton, Goblin and an accountant went into a bar and ordered three Dice on the rocks.
    "Soon" said the bartender and they all laughed.

Now what did he mean by that?

10. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Goblins is a web comic. They've been on hiatus while the artist/author takes care of issues. There have been promises of updates "soon" for about a month and a half now....

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    WOOOO since I completed this morning's hardcore grammar exam I officially finished my term ! until May first that is, I'm taking a summer class.

I feel like celebrating ! Which is why tomorrow night my friend and I are going to get legendarily drunk, like "talk like Yoda" drunk -- I'll try to remember to post here, so all of you can laugh at me. Aren't I nice ? :lol:

♪ It was the heat of the moment
    Telling me what my heart meant
    The heat of the moment showed in your eyes ♪

And hum, little late to the party but; sanity's overrated anyway. If being sane means behaving like everybody else then I don't want any part of it.

edit: Oh yeah I'm stopping smoking starting tomorrow. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go smoke my last cigarette ever.

12. Dice

Media:
    @ T2 , you know now I'm kind of disappointed that you weren't just being randomly crazy.

13. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I've been promising my guildmates a site update for over a year. "Soon" is relative. :p

14. Dice

Media:
    I think they should fill our public swimming pool with jello at least once a month - that would be fun.

15. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Jello would not be fun at all.

Now corn starch on the other hand...

16. Ofelix

Media:
    So, 61 hours since I stopped smoking, it's not so bad. With the help of a nicotine spray thingy, I can control the craving. No, the worst is the "twitchyness" and the hunger, damn I'm always hungry, it's annoying.

17. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's why some people start smoking to lose weight. You're seeing the reverse effect it seems.

18. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Bah! Real men go cold turkey from nicotine addiction. :p

19. henkie

Media:
    "Stopping smoking is easy, I do it 20 times a day", said the chain smoker.

The biggest reason people seem to come back to smoking, though, seems to be the habit. The nicotine addiction you have conquered in two weeks, but the habit of holding a cigaret, taking a puff, the constant smoke breaks, that is apparently what people miss the most.

20. Ofelix

Media:
    I have no problem believing that, sometimes it feels like there's something wrong with my fingers. But hey this time around I'm serious about quitting the habit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.