1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread CXVIII

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    How is that even possible ?

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I am guessing Weed or Green Vodka is the culprit...:D

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My eyes are ... functional.

4. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If only! I have no idea why it happened, I keep meaning to ask my optician about it. If I find out, I'll let you know

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    She's a witch! And what do we do with witches????

6. Ofelix

Media:

We're going to need a duck and a human-sized scale...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  7. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's finally snowing here. I guess I'll stop raindancing now.

Quite common everywhere. Dominant genes and all that. :p

Eyes do change color with age or under certain influences. Or rather, the pigments can rearrange or fade.

In my case, I have hazel eyes composed of largely turquoise and gold. When I was younger, the gold was splattered all over my irides, but as I grew older, the gold color condensed itself densely around my pupils, forming clear rings.

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I believe it's from a lack of needed vitamins and minerals that directly affect the eyes and are not found in most foods and supplements.

It's been freezing out here in the Midwest. I have been out here 8 years, this is the coldest winter by far. Hating it big time. The flu killed my wife's co-worker's son, 12 yr old. Scary ****.

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 56 seconds later... ----------

Where's the proof? Did she turn someone into a newt?

9. Ofelix

Media:
    Aye ! She turned me into a newt she did ! *looks around*, well I got... I got better.

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    It's the warmest winter I've seen in this country in the last decade.

Of the total of 2 winters I've spent in this country over the last decade. :p

It's also been the hottest summer in the last 50 years.

Send your freezing cold my way. I adore cold. And I absolutely loathe heat.

11. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I gotta complain about some of the ridiculous randomness here on this random thread.

(Err...on a side note, does the above qualify as an paradox? )

12. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Lol. Didn't know helium could heal, though, how does that work?

As for winters, I like cold, but it hasn't frozen here all winter, just rain and +5 to +10 degrees. Went to visit the in-laws where it was at least freezing and a pile of snow was lying. Unfortunately I missed the real cold, it was -25 (C) there earlier this week.

13. Ofelix

Media:
    -25C ? Pff, I wish it was -25C ! It's actually around -32 C currently here. Now, that's cold.

Helium be awesome y'all.

Edit: My teapot broke, that's unfortunate. I wasn't that attached to it, and it isn't like I paid a lot for it either, but still though. Am I supposed to make my tea directly in the cup like some sort of barbarian ?

Edit 2: I suppose helium kinda can heal http://iopscience.iop.org/0022-3727/44/10/105204 kinda

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  14. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Had dark brown eyes. Now they are green. Maybe red is next?

As for burning witches , would you burn Morrigan at the end of the game or do you(MUG)

15. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I like witches, especially evil ones.

I dropped the whole quest and went with Morrigan at end of DA:Witch Hunt.

Tris is always my first choice in the Witcher.

Does Viccy count as a witch? They tried to burn her at the stake. :shake:

I totally took Morinth up on her offer in ME2 with no regrets.

And don't even get me started on PnP. :p

16. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    You choose MUG. You are a certified male.

17. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'm fairly certain my birth certificate certifies me as a male. :p

18. Ofelix

Media:
    I'm pretty sure it's your genitalia that certifies if you're male or female, just saying :rolleyes:

19. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I'm quite positive it's the Y chromosome that ultimately certifies one as a male member of the species. :shake:

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In California, it depends on how you identify yourself. If you have a Y chromosome with the attendant appendages it doesn't matter if you identify as a female. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.