1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I suffer from FOMO when going for refills or using the restroom at the movie theaters. Mostly because when I was a child up I seemed to always miss something important when I went when it wasn't an intermission if I went for a refill or to the bathroom.
    At home there are either commercial breaks or I can pause the tape/DVD. Plus I can hear from the kitchen as it is the room next to the den, although not from the bathroom.

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

It’s natural, you don’t want to miss a part of the story, it might be a crucial part, you might miss important info, a plot twist, whatever. That’s why I prefer a break in movies with a duration over two hours :-)

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's some really odd and unnatural selection of an example sentence, so it doesn't really say anything about Slovenian, tbh. Though I guess if you're fixating on hearing those sounds, you will, but not more so than in many other languages, I expect. Here's an example of a short news clip in Slovenian that's more representative of regular (news) discussion: https://365.rtvslo.si/arhiv/prvi-dnevnik/175053500

4. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's literally an oral motor exercise for teaching people how to pronounce the hard /r/ correctly. Most slavic languages use the same sounds, so it's not really representative of Slovenian, as Tal mentioned, but you will absolutely hear a lot of those sounds if you focus on them.

5. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Food for thought on the Woke invasion of gaming:

6. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    That's like using "Shoe Shine Shady sits in the shoe shine shop. When She sits she shines, when she shines she sits." as an example and saying English is a shitty language.
    Don't get it, try saying the sentences out loud 3 times fast.

Well, that or using "This is sofa king we Todd did." and saying English is retarded.

7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    God it's been hot this week. It's supposed to be 90° or above every day this week. I was just mussing if I needed to fire up the grill at all to make some hot dogs or if I just needed to pull my car into the driveway and leave it in the sun and cook the hot dogs on the hood or trunk. Maybe put a cookie sheet on top and leave it in the sun for a little while for cleanliness.

I can't believe Chicago hasn't issued a heat warning. They did invent them in 1995.

8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    It's 90+ here today as well. I hate summer.

9. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    We got a reprieve today in Chicago. They were predicting it to be 86°, but I think it only got to the very low 80's at best. Maybe it was the lake effect, I was sent two miles west of The [Chicago] Loop for my current temp job today.
    On the other hand I was in The Loop proper on Monday about 2.5 miles directly east of where I was today (both were on Madison Avenue, so right in the middle of the n/s divide since Madison is the N/S origin and State is the E/W one) and it was hot as hell.
    Actually it was hotter than Hell as it was 93 in Chicago and 89 in Hell, Michigan.
    I find it amusing so I programmed my weather app to let me see the current temperature in Hell, Michigan just so I can complain "It's hotter than Hell out there!" and prove it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.