1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 120

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Shadowcouncil is a great name. Just don't hit your head in the dark ;)

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

hmm.... maybe i should go for "Nightvision" instead? :)

3. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Or Reading Glasses, in preparation of another 20 years ;)

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

:-) I have contact lenses for 12 years now. Hope I can stay away from reading glasses, I don't like wearing glasses. No one in my family uses those so I hope I will be spared :rolleyes:

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Ich dien ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Today I was at the optician to have her fix my glasses whose frame was severely malformed. That happens when you step on your glasses at 6 in the morning in the bathroom... :rolleyes:

6. Dice

Media:
    Have you considered putting your glasses somewhere where you won't step on them?

7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    I learned a different lesson when I got my first pair of glasses.
    I usually drive alone, and I pretty much only wear my distance glasses when driving the car (I used to use them in college to read the blackboard when I couldn't sit in the front row). As such I keep them in the car.
    I had a habit of tossing them on the front seat when I got out of the car.
    Well, the first time I took a passenger, they got in without looking and sat on them.

Since then, I've made sure to get a hard, rigid case for my glasses and always put them in the case so that if somebody sits on them, the case will protect them.

It's saved my glasses numerous times over the last 20 years.

tl;dr?
    Get a hard, rigid case so they won't break when you aren't wearing them. Even if you knock them on the floor and step on it they will have a chance.

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

yeah, mine are in such a case for 5 years now, I suppose. :-)

Still, case or not, I cannot understand how you can ever walk into your bathroom and stand on your glasses. You don't store them on the floor usually, do you?

9. Dice

Media:
    Some people have a special way of organising their homes, Shadow.

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

True, same here... If I were a Dragon Conjurer, I would be more careful with leaving important stuff on the floor... ;-)

11. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I imagined something like this scenario happened.
    1. Take off glasses before going in the shower.
    2. Leave the glasses on the vanity after you shower.
    3. Go to bed.
    4. During the night the glasses get knocked on the floor.
    5. Walk in the bathroom and step on glasses.

12. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Well, this is random babbling, so I thought I'd throw out something that's been on my mind.

Last weekend I was doing the leaves for my mother, as I've done since I was a child. Losing my dad to a heart attack back in high school meant I needed to help her with that major chore even after graduating from college.

I remember thinking how it really looked like fall with all the leaves everywhere at the start of that day.
    Yet amazingly, at the end of the day when I was through with mulching and bagging all the leaves, it looked like winter instead.

I honestly don't recall the season ever seeming to change so abruptly without getting more than an inch of snow before the leaves are finished.

Am I just growing old? Every other year it has still seemed like fall when I finished the leaves.
    I've been ruminating on this all week for some reason.

13. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Media:
    It's a bit of both i'd wager - i personally feel like my impression of the passing of seasons/time has changed as i got older, there's just more time to enjoy the things around you when you're young and less things to worry and distract you from doing so. You essentially build up a lot of memories associated with that certain period of time and besides, first impressions are usually the strongest ones anyway.

On the other hand season creep is a thing, from my experience over here in the Netherlands the spring & summer have been coming earlier, staying longer and we're breaking new record heat temperatures pretty much every year now, while autumn seems to get drawn out and we have barely any real winter conditions at all.

14. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31

Media:
    This wasn't so much season creep, as more a perception thing. It looked like fall when I started doing the leaves in the A.m., and when I got done in late afternoon I thought it looked like winter.
    The deadline for yard waste pickup is typically the week after Thanksgiving, so it's kinda the unofficial transition from Fall to Winter as well. Thanksgiving ends Fall, and starts the Christmas season. The yardwork is now over until the spring.

Of course, that isn't always the case. There was one weird year where we got snow in early November before all the leaves were down, and it stayed there through most of December. Then on New Years it was in the upper 60's. I wound up doing the leaves on New Years without a coat, which is highly unusual in Chicago, but I've done the leaves twice on New Years over the last 20 years.

15. Dice

Media:
    It really is pretty simple. The longer you live, the more you realise that time is ticking.

16. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    There's also the thing that, for the past few years, the leaves barely changed colour in autumn. Due to higher temperatures, the leaves just kind of stayed green until they fell off the trees. This year was the first in a while where the leaves actually turned colour before everything was bare.

17. Dice

Media:
    The winter season here is usually the greenest time of year due to all the rainfall. I don't hate winter like I used to but the grey kinda gets me down.

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

It's the downside of living close to the sea I suppose. Same here, "winters" most often are an everlasting autumn with a lot of rain and greyness. I would love to live somewhere where winters are cold and a bit more sunny. Nothing better and more beautiful than snow and sun. Maybe you should buy a second house somewhere in the Rockies ;-)

19. Dice

Media:
    I don't even have a first house. Also my landlord just sold the condo I've been renting for the last 4 years so we'll be moving in the midst of Covid, when and if I can find a place. The rental market it tighter than tRumps ass, out there.

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Ah too bad, good luck with that. I hope you find a good new place for yourself soon!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.