1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Thread 119

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jul 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I wish we had just rain and wind here. Wind and snow mixed is a very bad combination. I've begun a new ice sculpture/structure in my yard. I didn't make one last year.

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    It's positively chilly here today at about 70 degrees. :p

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As if this migration to a new server SSD wasn't bad enough (don't ask...), just when we got it sorted out, I hear the water alarm going off in the basement and see water pouring out of the FTTH duct. :facepalm:

It's now confirmed that there's a leak in the main water pipe somewhere near our FTTH duct so first thing tomorrow morning they'll be isolating the leak and then starting to dig so that they can plug it. I can only hope that the leak is under the road so that they don't have to dig up our front yard again. :bad:

4. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    For snow you can clothe yourself better. But with rain everything is soaked after a while.

---------- Added 0 hours, 1 minutes and 7 seconds later... ----------

SSD.... Not bad.

5. Keneth Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    You just need one of these.

6. Dice

Media:
    @ dmc - jealousy prevents me from putting a like on your comment :p

@ Merlanni - you can get pretty wet in the snow as well - then life is really not pretty.

In other news I just got back from the swimming pool where I spent over 50% of my time there in the hot tub :D

7. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The worst thing about snow and wind is if it's in your face. Can't even open my eyes if that happens. That's why biking in the snow is horrible, because you'll always have the wind in your face.

You can also dress for rain, but if I wear what Keneth suggests, I don't get soaked from the rain but from sweat. But hey, nothing a warm shower and some dry clothes can't fix.

Dice likes this.
  8. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Why would you be biking in the snow? And if you are that hardcore, why would you not wear protective glasses?

9. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Because I used to live within biking distance of work and because taking the car to work when it's snowing in the Netherlands... walking is usually faster. Protective glasses would be an idea, but one I usually don't think about. It doesn't snow much around here.

10. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    I don't go anywhere without glasses. Keeping light, snow, bugs, etc. out of my eyes while on a bike is generally one of the top priorities for me...

11. henkie

Media:
    I have that habit for mountain biking and touring biking, but not for the regular bike.

Probably because I biked a lot to school as a kid on a regular bike (18 km one-way trip) and I didn't seem to need sun glasses or some such then. Which is pretty weird, because it seems that nowadays I can't bike 500m without getting bugs in my eyes. Maybe the bugs were all blown away by the wind that's always blowing closer to the sea when I was a kid (I didn't know that the condition known as "no wind" was actually a real thing until I moved further from the sea).

On a touring or mountain bike, however, I wear glasses all the time. Sun, clouds, rain, after sun-down, just to keep the bugs out of my eyes.

12. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Weird, wind and salty sea air are also two of the things I prefer to keep out of my eyes. :p

For some reason, my wanderlust has been killing me lately. It's never been this bad before.

13. henkie

Media:
    Wind and salty sea air don't really bother my eyes. Sweat drying up around my eyes and then after two hours of biking slowly dripping into my eyes with all it's concentrated salt. Quite painful.

14. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Sounds like you're not going fast enough. :p

15. henkie

Media:
    It does tend to happen once I get off the bike most of the time ;)

16. Dice

Media:
    Awww, salty eyes suck.

ION I'm posting here so I can avoid the mountain of laundry I have downstairs that won't fold itself dammit!

17. henkie

Media:
    Such an easy life if folding laundry is your worst problem :p

18. Keneth Gems: 29/31

Media:
    Currently, my worst problem is summoning up enough willpower to get out of bed and eat something so I don't starve.

19. Dice

Media:
    lol! Life is not simple but I've learned to roll with the punches and jump back up fighting.

Laundry is not a problem so much as one of those boring things like dishes that I'd rather not do but I do them anyway.

I'd rather be creating something or flirting with cute guys :D

20. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Reminds me of our old chat room tradition of slapping each other around with large trout:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.