1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #99 - in honour of Wayne Gretzky

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  2. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Hehehe, desert bus was done as a "Lets Play" on the somethingawful forums a while ago...it is pretty pointless, but seems really good for group conversation because you do very little...also why would you build a bus that doesn't even travel in a straight line, I mean it drifts! D :

Anyway, long distance relationships are hard, not really meant for here but me and my gf are just about managing, only 3 weeks until we get to see eachother...I don't think either of us can wait! :D

Right I need to get to a lecture so I will call this babble to a stop for now...

Oh and watch out for a band called "Rapid Fire Make a Horse" in the future, it might just be the next big thing :p

3. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Damn it was hard to wake up, but less talky, more caffeine. :coffee2:

4. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Had very little sleep, Caffine is God.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Same thing happened to me a couple year back with my first g/f. Except it was her 7 or 8 years old brother. It was kind of weird, since besides him and his father I was the only man he really saw, so he kinda liked me, I liked him too he was a sweet kid :p . However hard to explain I wasn't doing anything wrong to his sister :lol: As for the parent well her Mother liked me her Father didn't.

Kuemp; why would you want to do such a thing to yourself? By all mean talk about it! Silence is the worst thing when in this mood, this a very serious thing. Believe me I know I've seen too much suicidal people closed to me nearly go with their plan. Although it's only an online community there's people here who care about you.

6. Dalveen

Media:
    For some reason, this pot of coffee has been lacking. Time for Tea instead.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Attack of the spoons!

8. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Dave - the bus is actually that clapped-out, poorly maintained sort you see with the smaller coach lines; the top speed of 'Desert Bus' is only 45mph (Tuscon-Vegas isn't normally an eight hour drive, if you can reach the posted speed limits), and the drift is a wheel alignment problem that could be fixed if the owner of the company wanted to spend the $$$ on servicing...

Also Google Maps shows plenty of curves on that route, but that might lessen the monotony, so they simplified it.

But as a 'party game'? Coolness - even the 'driver' can spare plenty of attention for other things :D

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] As per our rule #13, our public forums are not an appropriate place for discussions on the topic of suicide. While that is certainly something that anyone feeling suicidal should discuss, I would strongly recommend seeking help from people trained to assist in such cases and not from non-professionals from online communities. Please seek trained help where you live - they are best equipped to help you with your situation. This page might provide valuable information on your way to recovery.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

man im bored :/

11. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

My wife went shopping with her sister yesterday.
    I'm still doing CPR to our credit card, but it doesn't look good...

12. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    We only had decaf :nolike: people call that coffee?

"Peter! But Stewie's right there"
    "Oh we can still do it. He'll just think I'm hurting you"

13. Dalveen

Media:
    Hmm, my friends coming over soon, looks like im gonna be forced into studying for the second night in a row.

Ion: Why do people insist on typing the word "Sane" as "Sain"? It's just RETARDED!

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

This is the third workday since the first snowfall of the year and so far the morning trains have been late on all three days. Great fun!

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Ragusa's Quest for Glasses

[​IMG] Two months back I had silly migraine after 6 weeks or so of continuous 10 hour work days, including lots of reading and screen work, and my eyes generally felt tired, so after one such workday I went to an optician. After very thorough testing, that lasted nearly half an hour, she told me (rightly) that my sight is deficient (+/-0,25 dioptres) and that when I read and work at the computer a lot, that glasses would be helpful, not to mention this splendid AR coating they had, quite a bargain ....

"Glasses!" it struck me, and I decided, as they will be my first glasses I'll got to the ophthalmologist. So I got myself appointment. In the following weeks I read a lot, and worked at the screen a lot, and indeed, from a metre off the writing began to blur, clearly a sign of my deficient sight! Oh the horror. And here comes my ophthalmologist with a chuckle: It's quite natural that your eyes get tired after long work. Of course, you can have glasses if you feel you need them. I'll give you a prescription for the strength you require, which is minimal. It's really only the question whether you do need them." I felt sheepish, to say the least :D

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yeah you are definitely in the do not need glasses category if you are at + or - .25. I used to need glasses for distance vision but after I finished University my eyes improved from 1/1.25 to .25/.25 (all of those should be either +ve of -ve, I can never remember which way is +ve or -ve) and I was told not to bother with glasses anymore. I do have a nice pair of .25 sunglasses though - I figure if I am outdoors I might as well give my distance vision the small boost.

17. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

No idea what my glasses are but there is no question I need them. I only take them off for very up close fine work and to sleep.

Stef, glad your grandmother's OK.

Kuemp, hang in there, whatever's happening.

Rain today (yay) but I still have a monstrous head cold and had to go to Ktown today and am supposed to go to Chattanooga tomorrow (3 hours one way) - I'm trying to figure out how to wriggle out of it.

Mondays are kind of a pain, aren't they?

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Another slow day at work, plus French and philosophy classes later.

Woo. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

19. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

And just realized I've been posting here for a year. Don't think I've said much, though

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Eep, Kuemp, been there, I feel for you. Try hard to feel better lovie!

In other news, I hate the world. I am pissed off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.