1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #99 - in honour of Wayne Gretzky

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    The table borders have always been there, but they were black. I've made them slightly more visible now.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

After a little mulling I decided to upgrade my PC yesterday and I have put my brother to work shopping for parts for me. He is at University studying computer science right now so he has the desire for powerful computers mixed with the typical on a budget university student's degree of frugality that seems to result in him putting together very nice computers for people at very reasonable prices. I am not putting him on a tight budget like everyone else does though so knowing him he will be happy as a clam trying to find the best reasonably priced components. The computer shop that he goes to has a big sale today and he is probably there right now.

Oh and on an amusing note my father is off in Saskatoon to award a scholarships for the charitable foundation that he runs. He doesn't seem to think much of the place. He says that it is way too cold, restaurants are scarce, prices are high, and there is nothing to see or do there. As soon as I heard that he was planning this trip my instant reaction was "Why would you go there at the end of November?" When I asked him to bring me back some wheat he didn't sound particularly amused.

3. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, after checking out the GameFAQs poll of the day (hint: NO), I discovered that some fatuous fatheads in the Pepsico executive stables have decided to try to justify their jobs in an innovative way - instead of wracking their brains for a hare-brained scheme to meddle with something that is FINE the way it is, they've admitted they've run out of ideas and want US to do their work for them: DEWmocracy

(Honestly, Mt.Dew is something you're supposed to LOVE or outright HATE; there is no middle ground. Thus it's illogical to try to win over new customers from the 'hate' camp and thusly remove the only really distinctive attribute of your product. :shake: )

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I upgraded my nerd corner and bought a lava lamp, next week it may be accompanied by a Buddha statue/fountain thingy.

ION, all glory to the hypnotoad!

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Cool, should get me, you and Ziad togther for a drink :p

6. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Finish one job, come home to sleep, wake up and go to another job. It really sucks working 3 jobs bu oh well. In other news, I get to see my girlfriend again tonight :banana: (which has been kinda hard do to our jobs)

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Signatures, SPS private forum, no ADs... rather boring perks, if you ask me. Hope there are some more, because for the moment, I see no reason to become a SPS.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG]
    The continuation and contribution of a site you are a regular member and part of the community to? ;)

It's merely a respectful way of showing appreciation, contributions to the maintenance of the site and in return the recognition and thanks of the site owner and other members.

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Nakia: Thanks. The original Gnarfflinger was a D&D Character I played for 5 years. He was a gnome. I thought the picture fit.

Hmm, Gnomes are always curious, and usually believe they know everything. Maybe I'm an overgrown gnome...

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:

DoTW, :( I'm disappointed in you. I contribute to SP for the reasons Octara said. It's so much fun to be able to come here joke , argue, commiserate, rejoice, babble with others. :). Whatever would you do without us to pick on you? :p

Come join the merry crowd of the blue stars. Glad Tal didn't change that with the new board. Acctually he didn't change so much as add. :thumb: And what would I ever do without FAI? I would have to move back to New York and I can't afford that but I can afford BoM.

@Gnarf, I also find your custom title interesting but :) why not "The Saints go marching in"?

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    How about the 200MB free web hosting space with no ads? I couldn't have made my website without it. Oh, and don't foget the cool titles we get under our PDNs. :D :rolling:

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I was just in a 4 hour meeting for the Manifest committee for next year (manifest in an Anime Convention in Melbourne).

It was worth it I believe. I'm now assistant coordinator for Cosplay chess :D

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Huh...my life suddenly doesn't seem so boring after all. :evil: :p

In other news...I ended up "selling" 80 hours of my vacation time at work. I'm kind of interested as to how much money I'll actually get. I'm not sure if they add on my 15% shift differential...so we'll see what happens. :rolling:

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Nother LAN tomorrow. I LOVE holidays :D

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Damn, couldn't install BG2 on my friend's laptop's Vista! Apparently ToB needed full access tome sime file in C:/Common Files/Some stuff... any point is Vista didn't let him change the permission to "write" in this folder. F*** you Vista! Why kind of an OS doesn't let you set file permission wherever you damn please it? UUurrgt, Oh well at least we could play Ut2003 and Spellforce 2. Meh.

16. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG]
    Actually, there's quite a bit more too... here's an incomplete list: http://www.sorcerers.net/Supporters/faq.php

17. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Ofelix, just such concerns have me dragging my feet about upgrading.

ION, I am still sick with upper respiratory infection. Back to doctor Tuesday.

Took many hours to install a new hot water heater at my house. It was not fun. At least that is done, and now I am waiting for them to come back and install the stove.

Babble on, now that December is here.

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    If you want to play older Infinity Engine games, do not install Vista It just won't let you do it.

19. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Ofelix, I will follow this part of your advice:

:D

NEVER install an application or OS from Micro$oft until at least one Service Pack has been released!

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Do not install Vista, PERIOD. Heavy, bloated, useless trash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.