1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #99 - in honour of Wayne Gretzky

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Urrrh... College fee, now I'm an even poorer student. Unyay. Well at least it seems I'll be doing my last term before university, now university that's where they rape your wallet real good. Bloody people! Give us free education!

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I made cabbage stew today. Cooking nearly daily, I'm quite fond of practical 'Hausmannskost' and I immensely enjoy mocking wannabe haute cuisiniers for forgetting what cooking is about. But I gather this post better belongs to another thread so I'll edit it :1eye:

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I'll keep the suggestions in mind!

(why do I suddenly have the feeling I'm going to regret this?)

;)

4. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Whaaaaat? :p Nah, the street Slains is on (Belmont Street) is almost all pubs, and most of them are great, so pick any one along there. And i suggested Perl Lounge cos its the only decent club in Aberdeen (I hate Liquid, and Exodus gets to cramped) although, Espionage can be good occasionally, when it isnt dead.

5. Ragusa

Media:
    Aberdeen is a peculiar town. The city seems mostly built of grey granite rock. I went there first on a rather windy day, and weather changed almost constantly between cloudy and sunny. I entered the city on a late afternoon from the south, and as soon as the sun came out, the city turned to gold, and with that changed its character from sullen and stern to friendly and warm.

Oh, and yes, the pubs in Aberdeen are quite hospitable places :)

6. Dalveen

Media:
    Thats why its called the Granite City... :p It usually is a Beautiful place, ofcourse its let down by the stupid big 1960's high rise flats, but they are slowly getting rid of them. Its the people that are the biggest problem tho.

7. Ragusa

Media:
    The people, eh? I also couldn't help noticing the police overtly wearing body armour, unlike in Edinburgh. Also, the density of sun studios was striking.

8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Random babble, eh?
    I was making food in the basement when a horde of killer ants ate my guitar and I had to got to the hospital to steal epinephrine, because the football championship league didn't interest me and there's something smelly under my bed that caused and allergic reaction that killed my dog who was seven years old, but life goes on or maybe it doesn't if there's suddenly an alien invasion and everybody would die except the group of undead my necromancer neighbour keeps conjuring in his volkswagen hippie wagon his grandfather stole years ago during the first world war when he was traveling through time, so that he could pay back his gambling losses to the Italian mafia boss who looks like a bear, kinda like in Sopranos, but has more hair, probably because he's also a superhero after some Russians sold him a nuclear bomb that mutated him and I don't know where I'm going with this.

9. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    That was random allright, Trellheim. Better now? :nuts: :p

10. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, here's hoping you're in the clear for food intake now, Kitrax!

That's what really did me over for my colonoscopy - forty-eight hours of fasting. :nolike: I was SOOO grouchy.

It got worst when I was sitting in the hospital waiting room, watching Live! with Regis and Kelly only to have that <expletive>, blond, air-bubble of a <expletive> raving on and on about her <expletive> first visit to the Cracker Barrel and their supposedly <expletive> fantastic buttermilk pancakes. Ohhhhh, I so wanted to reach through the TV screen and strangle her. :lol:

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    @Dinsdale, much better. "Babble free or die" is what I say.

I've been practising German swordfighting techniques, master cuts and other thingies.
    Next stop, kenjutsu (katana)?

12. Dalveen

Media:
    Were you there for something special Rags? Cos they dont usually wear body armour... And yes, tanning studios are everywhere, there was even one in the little flyspeck village i live in, less than 800 folk in the village...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I should add that the killer ants are actually disguised lawyers from a fractal universe. The only way to get rid of them is to summon mutant smoked meat and sacrifice it at witching hour in the name of Belial. Do not forget to kick Humpty Dumpty in a vat of boiling water and await the chocolate chip rain that happens every half-moon, because if you don't, the Planter's peanut will smack you in the head with oven-dried cashews. And while you're visiting the depths of a black hole (which I was told by Lilith is a wonderful place to grow cabbage), beware of the blue and pink striped spiders who vomit cans of Red Bull and growl Cannibal Corpse lyrics. After you've gated to Abaddon, make sure to visit the barbeque cornchips fall, it's a damn beautiful place and the smell is intoxicatingly good. However, beware the cavemen there, they dress in wide clothes, wear their pants impossibly low, wear bandannas and wear caps at a 40 degrees angle. They're not actively hostile, but they are awfully stupid, and the music they listen to is enough to drive one to sing country and beat them to death with moldy bread. Once you're done with that, gate to Artlu, and don't mind the Smarties blizzard. This place is also inhibited with strange deformed dwellers who can only be harmed using the weapon Bad Cholesterol, which they fear for some obscure reason. Once you're done, gate to Tolj, and whatever you do DO NOT sell your soul to the mortgage brokers, they will suck you into a parralel world filled with sunshine, happiness, and starry, bright-eyed idiots. That being said, focus on finding Ted Rogers who will sell you a magic phone. Once you got it, play a ringtone and ride the wave to find the mysterious Pandemonium, which is host to Mr. Sub, who sell the only weapon in this parallel universe who can destroy the ant-form lawyers.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Nope. Nothing serious... To keep my medical insurance premiums low-ish, my company makes us do a yearly health screening that includes a cholesterol screening. Since I don't trust any of the morons at the "free clinic" they set up at out work for *convenience*, my wife and I decided to go to our normal doctors and get a physical and full blood work done.

Once we were done, we went to the nearest place that served any type of food...which happened to be KFC. We were so hungry that we split a 10 piece family meal and I got a 1/2 gallon of Mt. Dew...which I drank over a 2 hour period. :yum: :rolling:

15. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I hope you've decided on the epitaph for your grave. :p

16. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I want it to say, "Kitrax - Buried Alive..." :evil:

In other news... I'm testing out my new signature abilities to see if I like it. :rolling:

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I like their poutine, but my buddy calls it "Cardiac in a Cup". Break out the defibulator, this guy's going for the large!

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hahahahahaha, the cast list for A Funny Thing Happened On the Way To The Forum, and it is the worst piece of casting I have ever seen. I think 3 of the people are appropriately cast... this is going to be the single worst show we have done because theatre politics prevent good actors from being cast.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

/me hides the large double-cheese poutine with merguez sausages, smoked meat and ground beef

We all gotta die of something...

20. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I started job#2 today, which I discovered is actually server setup, installation, testing and migration for replacement servers in the school. They have a fairly constant cycle of replacement schedules to minimize downtime. I've already started setup of one, and will complete the setup and start testing it Friday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.