1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #98

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I didn't get a flu shot, but I've never had the flu, either. If I've gone 34 years without catching the flu even when my family and my spouse were miserable with it, I'd say I don't have to worry too much.

ION, 35F is way too cold for Florida, IMO.

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Got first snow yesterday, I'm happy. Snow is beautiful. Currently -3°C here (26°F for you barbarian :p) It'll be my grandmother's 71th birthday this saturday, it'll be fun it's been a long time since I've seen her or the family.

3. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Catching the flu is so much fun! (NOT)

revmaf likes this.
  4. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Never had the Flu either, worst ive had is a bad cold. All my injuries and sickness are my fault for being stupid or drinking too much...

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    This spring, right after carnival, I had the kissing disease. Catching that was fun. Having it was not.

revmaf likes this.
  6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Flu is so not fun :sick:

On the other hand, the last time I had it, I had also had a flu shot. They have to guess which strains to include in the vaccine, and they sometimes they miss.

Good luck, TBA.

I sincerely hope to be off work for two days in a row. That would be unusual.

Yes, 35 is too cold for Florida, but just fine for Tennessee. Does make the leaves all drop suddenly, though, when it gets down to low 20's at night.

There was no content associated with this post. Any content read into it is solely at the reader's discretion. In other words, it's babble.

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I normally love travelling, even if it is on business, but one or two day trips are a real drag. I flew into Montreal arriving at my hotel around 9 last night and I am flying back home tomorrow on a 2 PM flight. Oh well, hopefuly I will get all of my work done today so that I don't actually have to go into the office tomorrow. If I had some of my colleagues here we would undoubtedly be going out drinking tonight but given that I am alone on this trip I will probably just end up sitting in my hotel room all night.

8. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Time to make spaghetti.

I'm also irritated by the jackass in the room below mine. Yeah, you have subwoofers that can make the entire building shake, we get it.

revmaf likes this.
  9. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    At least you don't have a neighbour who plays the flute very, very VERY badly, and has for some reason decided that 1am was the best time to practice... I'm quite thankful he/she lives at the other end of the building and not next to me.

10. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I once had a roommate who played the piccolo in a university orchestra. It is even more insanely irritating than a flute. However, she knew that and never practiced at home.
    I have a headache. That is all.

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Phew, school is over! Well, for today. I have school tomorrow, but Fridays are my easy days - I have two long free periods and only one of my three AP courses! So I don't have much homework tonight, which means I get to... work on college essays :(

12. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hello, traffic jams and PhD course while working full time. Up at seven, back at seven. With some luck. Today, more like back at nine. Well, education costs time and effort.

Shell likes this.
  13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hmm, my heart hurts. Weird. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I have been eating terrible food and tons of it...

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Just saw a sign outside a butcher shop advertising pet mince... that just sounds cruel to me! Although I guess mincing them up saves on the time and effort taken to bury them, I just hope they only mince the ones that die of 'natural causes' rather than disease

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I was under the impression that they minced up the by products of the animals they process in order to make pet food...

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ummmm, you were joking Aldazar, right?

Speaking of pet mince, have you ever watched a cat take care of a fresh mouse catch? Pretty impressive.

Shell likes this.
  17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I want a pool table. I've been playing it a lot on my cell phone, but playing pool on a small screen is nowhere near as fun as playing it for real...while drunk...and with a bunch of friends. :thumb: :rolling:

18. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Pool might be fun to play but it is the most boring thing to watch on TV :eek:

revmaf likes this.
  19. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    No, Snooker and Darts are by FAAR more boring.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You guys haven't sat on a porch and watched the grass grow...have you? :p

In other news... More snow is comming. :nolike: :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.