1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #97

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

"Oh, I'm sorry; did I break your concentration?!?"
    :D

ION, I didn't wake up sick with a headcold, but I DID wake up...in this very same chair, stiff and uncomfortable. (apparently the "Space Force" demo I was trying out is somewhat soporific effect :sleep: ) My darling wife took a split second to laugh at my predicament with schadenfreude then proceeded to give me a neck rub...I do so love her. :love:

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Vacation plans: next week to visit assorted friends and relatives across two states and several days, then to the beach in N.C. for a week, barring complications.

October is a beautiful month on those beaches but it is still hurricane season, so you shell out the extra money for trip insurance and just hope for the best. I've done this for a couple of years and so far it's worked wonderfully. Not too hot, but warm enough for beach time, and the crowds are gone - though some of the seasonal restaurants and other such tourist attractions are also closed. But then I am not an aficionado of miniature golf , either.

So, if all goes as expected, I'm heading out Sunday and will be gone a little over two weeks. Supposedly I'll have internet connections part of the time, but if not, I'll miss you and check in when I get back!

And babble forever.

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I fear my monitor is melting down on me (I've got the multicolored snow storm going). This would make the second Dell monitor I've gone through in the past 4 years (the first one died on me in three months).

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Insert creative comment here.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Only administrators or moderators may perform this action, well I guess that you could edit your own post but that wouldn't be the point now would it?

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Some guy did a modified 'dine and dash' at Subway an hour ago. I was there getting supper and the guy in front of me made his order. Just as the employee finished with the tween ahead of the guy, the guy ran out of the place. I thought he might be running to his car or the nearest ATM for money, but he never came back. Just left the sandwich. :lol:

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ahh, these physics labs... give us wrong formulas and data, and then ask why we got the answers wrong... uh, duh, you gave us wrong information!!!

But nooo, we still have to waste time doing them (3 hours today doing spreadsheets and graphs...), despite their uselessness.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Mim, betrayer of Turin.

It's been in my brain all night.

Now you have it. :D

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I soaked the beans last night (Wednesday) and got up this morning, now with vacatuion starting and finally got the chance to make the chili. At first I couldn't get it spicy enough as I cooked it. It had decent flavour, but no real kick.

When I had another bowl for supper, it had a little spice to it, but not quite enough. Tomorrow is day two, therefore I can answer you better tomorrow night...

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Gnarff, do you have Habanero sauce handy? This definitively will give the kick your chili desperately needs. Failing that, add a full bottle or two of Tabasco.

You definitively sound like someone who'd like my remix of Sir Bel's Abyssal chili.

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Melting one's tongue off is not considered a "kick". The first time I had anything with Habanero chilies in it, was when I tried some Gumbo at work. Besides tasting horrible, it was unbearably spicy. :nono:

In other news...I did the “bridal” photo shoot with one of our friends who's getting married later this month. After working a 12 hour shift, I got home around 7:30am, finally got on location around 11:30, and was finished around 1pm. We went straight to bed once we got home, since we were going to have to wake up in 4 hours for another 12 hour shift...but I didn't get any sleep at all. So I called in sick. :evil: :rolling:

12. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Nice, I'm getting married this sunday! Having three kids now made it easier to decide :)

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I got chocolate from England and a Beefeater stuffed bear. :bigeyes:

14. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

[​IMG] Test test :D :shake:

15. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    *AAAAAaaaaahhhh* Site is back up!

/me recovers from light to medium BoM withdrawal syndroms!

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Yay the boards are back! :banana: Is it suppose to look different?

My Gmail account got hacked, so don't email me there. Oh, and if you were reading my Blogspot blog, it won't be updated because Blogspot works with Google/Gmail. :p

17. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I come back and you guys are already on rbp 97. Not that anyone remembers :(

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

DotW: I don't have Habenero sauce, but I did put two or three rounds of Jalapeno sauce in it and a few rounds of Tex Mex, but I guess I didn't get enough for the size of the pot.

I do notice it getting a little more noticable with every bowl however...

I should be eating off it for another day or two anyway...

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:jawdrop: You Live!!!111!!

WB. :wave:

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    *caugh* *hack* *cough*

Ugh... I don't feel too good. :sick: :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.