1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #97

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    *sigh* If I won the lottery I could have a lot of things but I'm too pessimistic to believe I could ever win one so I don't buy tickets. Would be nice to live in New Zealand though.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Dragonfly, Why do you think I picked this week to have that pot of Chili?

Kitrax: From what I hear about the weather report, I shouldn't need a fire to warm the house (maybe a sweater in the evenings at most)...

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, my arm has decided to give me a rest. The last few days actually weren't so bad... but I suppose it's the calm before the storm.

I went to the Doc today... if my arm gives me more troubles, I'm gonna have to under the knife... or I have an alternative, which is a dislocation of my shoulder (under strong painkillers) in an effort to try to free the wedged nerve from it's entrapment. If that works, then no surgery for me. If it doesen't... well, hopefully it fill fix the problem.

Other than that, the few classes off weren't unwelcome. I've took the mentor role and taught metalworking to some other students. It was actually an interesting experience, if a bit odd - I never imagined myself actually teaching, so to speak.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Nope, that's me. 'Kitrax' is mine and mine alone! If you ever see my nick, 98% of the time it's me...the other 2% it's usually a typo. :p

While the BoM is obviously my home, I use specialty message boards to get answers that I just can't get here. Using various message boards, I've been able to get in direct contact with product engineers for a motherboard, a programmer for my firewall, an editor for a magazine, and the entire anchor staff for my local news channel. :D

The web is full of useful informative stuff...you just have to know where to look and who to ask. :rolling:

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Itches in the center of your back are hard to reach.

6. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Not for me, i can reach everywhere on my back.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm drinking coffee, that is all. You may resume your daily activities while I enjoy my coffee and day off.

Oh and I'm pretty sure I got that new job in a photo-thingy comagny. I'd be printin' design on ye olde coffee mug, mouse pad, and t-shirt. And after the contract ends, maybe they will see that I can still contribuate to the compagny, after all I've a good knowledge on a lot of photography related subject. My old job just sucks, no opportunity, it's far away, and freakin' boring.

8. Dice

Media:
    Yes coooffffeeeee....MMmmmmmmm.

9. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Aye, Dalveen, I'm still flexible enough to link fingers behind my back (I used to be able to grasp my wrists when I was younger *wistful sigh*)

And congrats 'flix! You know what they say "a change is as good as a rest." :)

ION, my memories are recovering: I was seasoning chickens last night at the store when I heard a loud, childlike squeal coming from just the other side of the aisle.

Sure enough, a woman came around the corner past my deli counter, with a toddler in the child seat of the cart. The little girl didn't look like she'd just been chastised or anything, just that serious look kids sometimes get. She was looking rather intently at the meat case, then looked up at me.

I grinned widely and exaggeratedly, and she started to grin back as they moved on. And it...well, it just tickled me. Made me feel even happier than I was before (which was pretty good to begin with).

Doesn't that violate some energy conservation law, or something? :)

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

At work we have finally had our four year old laptops replaced with brand spankling new ones. I must say that I like the new machines. The speed of running our main audit software database is greatly improved. Now I will just have to figure out if it can play games.

11. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Goodness, so busy trying to get ready to leave work for two weeks for vacation that I can hardly find time to babble . . .
    Cover for me, everyone!

12. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Ahh, vacation. Very nice. I wish I had some of mine left but I used it all up.

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

If you don't go anywhere but the rest of your family does, does that count as a Vacation? I'm counting it..

14. Dice

Media:
    What are you going to do on your vacation Rev?

@Gnarf - How's the chili goin' friend? Are you sick of it yet or is it tasting better than the first day?

15. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

That's kind of a profound question, Gnarf. I'd be leaning toward it too.

Or maybe it's the impending first cold of the season that's affecting me - been having 'forerunner' symptoms (sour taste in back of mouth) for a day or two.

Figures - I'm off work tomorrow, so I get to be sick; I just know I'm gonna wake up tomorrow feeling wretched. :mad:

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I found new pictures of a guy to drool over. :love: Also, I'm learning bits of Welsh.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

stupid message machine at the spanish embassy. i need to ask questions from a human operator dammit :bang:

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Mmmm....I love vacation time. After my week off a few weeks ago, I still have 135 hours in my vacation account. And I still have 5 more holidays that we get an 8 hour grant to our vacation accounts. Add to that 2 additional hours per week, and by the end of the year, I'm going to have a *lot* of time off. :D

I want to take a full month off and make Peter Gibbon's dream come true of doing nothing. :thumb: :rolling:

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Saw Pulp Fiction for the first time yesterday, it was pretty good. A guilty pleasure if you will :p .

Samuel L. Jackson was amazing in that movie.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. This text is place holder to see what my next babbling will look likes.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Royale with Spam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.