1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #97

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Yeah, life @ 2a really is the zenith in some ways, isn't it?

On the other hand, G.C. said "Adults have it great: we can buy all the candy we want, on credit, and have it delivered!" :lol:

ION, on the subject of
    one could take a page from (apparently) Ulysses S. Grant - the PotUS of the fewest words: he used to fend off demands of "Speech! Speech!" with
    ...supposedly. I'd read that about a decade ago in some magazine, but I've since been unable to confirm it as a quote of USG's anywhere. :(

ANYWAY, you could paraphrase it into:

I post only to tell you that I have nothing to babble about.

:D

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

:wave:

I'm baaaaaaaack!!!!!

3. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    My friend's birthday party lasted 38 hours with a 6 hour left for sleeping. How am I still standing ? Need sleep!

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Plans are under way for a double Birthday party for one of my best Friends and may one cousin. Their birthday: December 31...

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

:banana: 10 days to my birthday! :banana:

I feel a bit sad because I used to call Mom on Oct. 1st and sing that little ditty to her. :(

I think I figured out why Newfie cottage cheese tastes funny: the water. Anyway, I'm eating one now that's flown in from Nove Scotia and it tastes all right.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ Darkstrider - :wave: :wave: :wave:
    I was just thinking about you! I noticed that you haven't been around for a while and I kind of worried although I know people sometimes come and go.. Anyway, welcome back friend :D

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Oy, I see dead dragons!

Funny, I was wondering what was up with ya...

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...it happened. Within one week, it went from summer to winter. While it didn't actually snow in the city, it *did* snow in the mountains...all the way down to the suburbs that butt up against them. :eek:

Oh, by the way...I hate snow. :nolike: :rolling:

9. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Well I played a proper P&P game of AD&D (v3.5) yesterday, it was awesome, my first ever game really :D

I played a Ranger and I got to set things on fire, also me and the barbarian collapsed a cave on a dragon, then climbed our way out...The monk decided since he was the first out he would take the rope so that no one else could escape since he decided he couldn't be sure we weren't dopplegangers (since they were in the dungeon) :p ...The Barbarian managed to climb the shaft and knock the monk out and help me and the Bard out lol!...Great fun!

Anyway, Freshers week ended, and today is my first day in which I have lectures to attend (granted they're still pretty much just welcome lectures but a bit more subject focused)...I'm getting pretty used to it now, and not feeling too bad about things :)

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, looks like I'm a doctoral student now. :D

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

If you like LolCats and Angband, this is the comic for you. :lol:

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Congrates Chev! If all goes well, I'll be an undergraduate student next year, yeah! Oh and I'm still dead from the party. GOD it was exhausting.

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...it happened. The idiot lawmakers here in Utah just passed a law that bans all malt beverages from grocery stores. Now...the only way to get any form of booze, it to buy it at an inflated price at a government owned and operated "State Liquor Store". I really hate that there is no separation of church and state in this pathetic land. The beer had already been required to be "watered down" to just 3.2% alcohol content...and now this?! :bang:

Utah's liquor laws were under scrutiny when the world came to the 2002 olympics...and instead of reducing them, the idiots at the capitol make them worse! :flaming:
    And the worst part is, we're stuck here for at least 5 more years. :wail:

I *hate* the f***ing mormon lawmakers who force their religious beliefs on everyone else! :deadhorse:

Grr... :rolling:

14. DarkStrider

/me sends Kit a Secret brewery for his cellar

@Dfly hey Site was banned as no-business related and I don't work there now, so I will be around more

@DOTW :D

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ DS - Well thats good! BOM is far more important than that snooty other job you had :D .

16. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I had no idea there were so many possible varieties of Doritos.

Went to doctor, got read the riot act - again! - over weight. Well, surprise, surprise.

Ah, maybe I'll try to do better, but food is fun!

Anyway, babble-de-boo, all.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

To the duck pond!

18. DarkStrider

:hmm: Is that similar to the Batcave?

19. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Dadadadadada... Duckguy!

I just posted my first video in YouTube. Now I wonder why.

20. DarkStrider

:hmm: and Duckguy's sidekick would be... :idea: Weedboy!! :bigeyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.