1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #97

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    It's official. Ragusa is going to be bespectacled soon.

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Why not go for lazer eye surgery, Rags?

Oh, and it's also official: My job sucks, my life sucks and my empty bank account sucks.

3. Ragusa

Media:
    My empty bank account is pre-empting lazer eye surgery, and anyway, my prediction is the preliminary result of me going to an optician for a vision check.

Haven't yet been to the doctor with this. That is, I got an appointment for an examination, but in November - wtf. That said, I'll check out other doctors for an earlier appointment and cancel this one if I get one.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hi revmaf.

A monastery might have been interesting. Now if you mean a nunnery...

Sorry you need glasses Ragusa but there are worse things.

Now to personal news. Grandma is getting old. I missed a post where someone used 'rouge' instead of rogue. I posted right under it too. Too late to rant about it now. Ayee. I'm really slipping.

5. Ragusa

Media:
    I know, I'm merely being a little grumpy. In fact, I look forward to the relief they'll give me as I have to work intensively and extensively at the computer, not to mention all the reading.

6. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

At first I was thinking laser surgery might be the way to go but got used to glasses since then. My father would probably be willing to pay most of it but the surgery seems a bit unnecessary. However I'm in a need to update my glasses soon anyhow so we'll see.

As for my bank account, it's not empty yet, but the rapid decline of my reserves are starting to get to me. I do have quite a lot of savings though so I'm not exactly in any trouble anytime soon but still...

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Well, depending on the age and condition of the battery, you could get a pretty decent price for it. I've seen some original manufacturer batteries sold for over $100 - some people are deathly afraid of aftermarket batteries (which do the job just as well as an original one), and don't mind dishing out the dough for something original and certified.

But a charge port breaking off... what manufacturer and what model is that phone, Stef?

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Nothing like a nice, cold Blue Moon after a class period on Aristotelian virtues. I'm beginning to understand why 95% of philosophy professors are closet alcoholics.

9. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    It looks like we'll be moving to Washington sometime in the spring or early summer. Starting after the new year I'll have to start looking for a job up there. That's the part I'm not looking forward to. Job hunting sucks. I'm sure that job hunting from 1,000 miles away will be even worse. The prospect of getting out of this miserable place makes it all worthwhile, though. :D

10. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    It's an LG vx6100. I loved my vx6000, so I went with this phone, which was a big mistake. The camera button on the side would frequently trigger, and the camera drains the battery. It also did not have the programmable menu buttons the old one did, and just wasn't as nice overall. The charge port breaking was just the last straw.

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Ragusa: If you don't want to use glasses, how about contact lenses?

I've been using glasses for almost 30 years. :geezer: I almost feel naked without them.

12. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Going to the T-------- Fair tonight (name blanked out for privacy) with my girlfriend, it should be fun :) Not a big fan of fairs, but I am a fan of spending time with her :)

13. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Saber, have fun - fairs are fascinating places for people-watching.

Nakia, hi back, true, a monastery might have been rather interesting, now that I think about it.

Ragusa, hope you get the glasses/contacts/whatever soon. I need to go get my prescription for glasses updated but I've been putting it off and now I'm having trouble with everything from computing to reading to watching TV.

Back to work tomorrow - hope it's not too big a disaster.

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Why Kant, Nietzche, and Descartes, etc. HAS to be written in such a complex way? What's the problem with the simple present ? It makes philosophie classes so much of an hassle for nothing.

15. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Gah! Nightwatch

16. Disciple of The Watch

Saber, I got a hold of those famous Cool Ranch Doritos you were raving about - we finally got them in Canada. I've bought a huge bag, but seeing as I had Quiznos just a few hours ago, I'm not really hungry, but I'll give them a shot this weekend.

My end-of-semester project is nearly done. All I've left to do is use my old fashioned trick to give it a distinctive touch, clear coat it and it's done. Teacher has given me a couple of classes off, and during this time off I'll be teaching the basics of metalworks to more advanced students in my department. With the wedged nerve in my arm still killing me (thankfully I've gotten another stash of Vicodin, extra-strong), this will be a welcome break.

17. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I remember seeing those cool ranch doritos on the shelf at least a year and 1/2 ago here. I haven't really looked for them since but I don't recall seeing them around lately. I don't think they were very popular here but I personally thought they weren't bad when I tried them.

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

In South Western Ontario, we've had them for over 10 years now. Maybe longer.

Mind you the only time I ever leave Quiznos hungry is when I get my Sub to go...

19. Disciple of The Watch

Ehh, maybe I should have said in Quebec instead. We always get everything late.

One kind of Doritos I really find myself missing is the Taco Bell Doritos. Great stuff, they were. I know they can still be found in some places in the US, but I don't really feel like a huge trip just to get some. Not to mention I'm not even sure my truck would last the whole ride... and it's slowly getting too cold to ride my motorcycle...

Bah. Someday maybe.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Babble babble....

I like the little ads right above the Quick Reply that turns you mouse pointer into a little dagger. :D

Daggers are cool...I don't know why I stopped collecting them - oh right...they're expensive. :rolleyes :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.