1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #97

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

I hope you and anyone else who lives on that area are okay. I hear the fires are pretty bad.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Actually, in the art department, I'm laid-back and mind my own buisness - I've been busy with many projects at once, plus we have to organize the end-of-semester art exhibition (of which my own project will be a part of), and I occasionally teach metalworking, and add the homeworks, studying and crap like that, so I've been pretty busy.

But anyway... Kit does make a point about my posts back in the architecture department. I was punished much too harshly for a simple joke, and that litteraly lit a fire under my ass. I thought hey, if they want to punish me, I'll give them a damn good reason to do it, and I made good on that promise. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

In the art department I'm encouraged to express and be myself. In the architecture department... jump in the mold so we can break you and shape you the way you should be. That wasn't for me.

And Brall, glad to see you're alive and well, my friend.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I hate people who send me private messages which are only emoticons. I took someone off my friend's list in RS and, when she knows I am online, she sends me :'( spam.

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Brallrock, Shadow Lurker and Revmaf: Welcome back! :wave:

5. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Heya, Shadow Lurker. :wave:

ION, time for a random thought:

Did Mike Judge base the appearance of his character 'Butt-Head' from Beavis and Butt-Head on the actor David Duchovny? ;)

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    HEY! Don't dis David, Jaded!

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

We could be getting High Speed sometime this coming winter. A new company is setting up and when they get their hardware tested and ready they will be putting towers in our area. It sounds like a really good service for a reasonable price...

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I laughed too when I read that :D But I thought Brall was making a funny to try and cheer DotW up.

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    My friend's funeral is next Saturday. :cry:

Until you talk about it, it doesn't seem real.

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Goes off in the slang sense or in the 'disappears' sense? Just checkin cos there's no pain right now, just a huge area of dried blood

11. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Wounds taken from the skirmish game:
    3 to the arms
    1 to the legs
    4 to the chest
    3 to the head
    1 to the ass (yep, it sucked)

Also, I had the absolute crap scared out of me while doing a reckless charge through a gully and into the enemy lines. Got halfway up the other side of the gully when my cricket box fell out. Naturally, all rational thought left my head and I ran back to get it and copped a few shots for the effort.

I did shoot some guy in the neck from about 7 metres out though. It was bleeding, he was yelling and I was laughing. He was an idiot.

12. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@ Montressor, jaded empath
    Thankyou! :wave:

@TBA
    Is that like paintball?

13. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Yeah, just another name for it.

Welcome back by the way :)

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yo! I'm back from the land of college where teachers litteraly bombard you with work. I survived and I can once again spam here. I got the new job I'm starting the 6th of November just enough time to go to a last weekend to my old and announce my "retirement" so to speak :p

15. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

Thanks! :) How painful is it when you get hit? Cos me and my uni friends are gonna go for paintball after our exams :D

16. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

It depends on how far away the person is shooting you and where you get hit. Most shots will sting a bit and maybe leave a mark, but if you take one to a soft spot like the stomach, it hurts a lot and if you take one to a soft spot and from close range, it can leave a scar (yes, this is based on personal experience as I have a nice round scar just under my ribcage)
    Though you probably wont have to worry about that as they give girls chest padding. It really is great fun though, and it doesnt really hurt when you get hit out there cause of the adrenaline.

17. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I was definitely being sarcastic, I know how worked up DoTW can get, he throws the F-Bomb around freely.

Glad to hear you didn't get fired DS, are you looking for more work or did you get a good enough goodby gift?

I have slowed down, only working 2 jobs now, but plenty of OT at my main job. WoW still takes up huge amounts of my time too.

Annual hunting trip wiht my Uncles/cousins starting friday, I can hardly wait.

18. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Sigh, nothing like standing around on a train platform for nealy an hour to start the morning. As usual "signal probelms" were the cause of the delay. Given how often they seem to have signal problems you would think that they would invest a little money to improve or replace the system.

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Uh, I migrate to XP, and on my new installation the NWN2 auto updater actually works, which makes me wonder about what crap I had left in my old NWN2 folder. I am happy that I actually 'migrate', with my old Win2K OS on another physical HDD left intact. I only need to change the boot sequence to restore if neccessary. I'll kill it when in three weeks or so I don't feel I forgot something. If I do overlook something anyway, it probably wasn't important.

:heh: No data loss this time, or even less than usual :heh:

20. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] @JSBB: Do you live in Denmark, or is it just that Canadian railroads "work" :skeptic: the same way as ours? :nolike: The public Danish railroads have suffered from frequent "signal problems" for the last 35 years (probably longer, but I was too young to remember).

"Signal problems" = Railroad slang for "Red light in front of the train"! :flaming: :flaming:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.