1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #97

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    NOOOOOooooooooooooo!!!!! My laptop got fried at school today! :wail: :cry:

I didn't have time to open it up to see what exactly got fried, but by the smell of it, something when up in smoke. :bad:

I've got to get this fixed soon. :rolling:

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I *saw* static electricity last night when I brushed my hair in the dark. :whoa:

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My bread pudding is yummy.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Halo 3 is supposedly amazing... I disliked the first two (I didn't get to play much, but I didn't like it when I did), but I am not sure if it is worth it to buy X-box 360 for it... I am a Playstation man.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Uh, two parties in two days left me exausted. Time for bed. Gotta work early and long tomorrow.

6. Kitrax

Media:
    Sh*t, damn, and crap!

Well...I found the problem with my laptop. A small transistor of some sort on the underside of the motherboard got fried, and damaged a few other components next to it. :bang: It took me almost 30 minutes to totally disassemble the thing just to get a look at the underside of the mobo. I was hoping it would be something that I could easily replace/afford (like the video card)...but since it's on the motherboard, I'm looking at about $400 for a new motherboard, or around $200 for a used one off of eBay. :bad:

But there is some good news. There's a very slim chance that I might be able to get a new laptop soon now that the old one died. The only problem is, we wouldn't have a very good Xmas this year. :bad:

Anyhoo...I'm at my folks place right now, and I don't know how often I can mooch off their computer, so I might only be able to get online while I'm at work. :cry: :rolling:

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Good morning all.

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm tired tired tired so tired! :sleep:

9. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Woohoo, my sister just bought me a 1.125L bottle of Bundy rum from the airport.

:banana:

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Why don't cats wag their tails? :hmm:

11. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Bummer, Kitrax. Hmmm, maybe you could sell off the screen from the old laptop to partially fund the new one? I know the screen is about the single most valuable part of a laptop...
    After the drinking party with my friend, I successfully slept through most of the rest of the weekend. Of course, I meant to get housework done... :bad:

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I loved the Highlander TV series so I went to see the new movie. It was the worst movie I've ever seen in my life, I felt like going into hysterical laughter and tears :bang: I think they recruited the villain from WWE :mad:

I saw Knocked Up after though and that cheered me up. Awesome movie. And I'm now in love with Katerine Heigl :love:

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Enagonias: If they got John Cena to play the villain, and he gets his head chopped off, I know some of us here would buy the DVD foir that scene alone...

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

If THAT ever happened, I'd buy like 15 TVs and spread them all around my place and put that sweet scene on repeat 24/7. Man, Monday nights are so much better now that this moron is out of the picture. Unfortunately, he'll be back in six months (he overcomes everything, remember), and we'll have to once again suffer the horrible torture of seeing the horrible blinged-out spinner "WWE Championship" back with this idiot.

Cena... somebody please shoot that SOB. Then fire him. Then shoot him. Then shoot him again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. And again. Then bury him. Then unearth his carcass. Piss on it. Shoot it. Shoot it again. And again. And again. And again. And again. Piss on it again. Shoot him again. Bury it. Piss on the headstone. Shoot the headstone, then take a dump on it.

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

They do, but when they are annoyed or angry. They don't do it to be cute or to show affection, like dogs.

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

In theaters or on video? I'm so eager to see it and I don't care how much is sucks.

17. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

:wave:

I'm back from vacation!

The week at the beach was great. Wonderful weather, almost no one else on the beach, every restaurant where we wanted to eat was still open (on NC coast lots close after summer season), and I read some great books while sitting on the beach.

OTOH my extended family seems to be suffering a general meltdown. Oh, well.

I may get around to reading back postings but maybe not. Lots to do today at home and then I am sure there will be an avalanche of work when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

Kitrax, sorry about the computer. I am humbly aware something along those lines will happen to me one day soon on this old clunker and I will have to go through all the pain and suffering of getting another one.

18. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I jsut wondered why Enag watched the last Highlander movie now, and not when it came out a few years ago.

Then I checked imdb.com and it conformed my fears. They made another one. :mad:

The series was nice when you didn't took it too seriously, but all the movies after the first were crap.

I don't expect the new one to be better. The director was the criminal who brought us The Lawnmower Man.

19. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    After years of playing, BG is still awesome:
    "Heya, it's me, Imoen"
    /me casts command
    Imoen - unconscious
    /me runs away

ION, I got a letter from someone really cute. :banana:

20. Kitrax

Media:
    @Stefanina - The wife and I want to keep it for a second computer. I found a few used motherboards on ebay for around $200... So we'll fix it up one of these days.

In other news, today should be the last day that we have to Turtle-Sit. We've been taking care of an albino turtle of some sort over the weekend. Easiest job I ever had. :p :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.