1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #97

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

[​IMG] I lost my damn keys today, must have dropped from my pocket while I was riding the bike to uni. That is about 100 euros down the drain. I'll report it to the police just in case some kind person cares to take my keys to them, I won't be holding my breath though. Because of this incident I was completely unable to concentrate on writing the exam and returned an unused paper. Two attempts left at that one so no big disaster but still pisses me off somewhat.

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Gnarf Good addiction to have, certainly healthier than smoking :p

/me sends my good mojo Stef's way, she needs it more than I do

And now a word from our sponsor "Fwibble"

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    @Morgoth - Just be glad you don't have a VW key. They charge $250 for the "switch-blade" keys and probably a lot more for the newest "key" for some of the 2007 and up models. :eek:

Hmmm... I need to work more overtime. I like how big my check was this week. :money: :rolling:

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*does Rambler ramble*

Yeah we still have mice. *sigh*

5. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I like foggy days. :)

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah me too. Ever saw any of the " An evening with Kevin Smith" stuff? It's hilarious :p

That's it! I'm really stupid! I spent yesterday's evening with this very nice lass from work. You know, some good coffee some good music, we talked about a lot of stuff. Now when she was ready to leave, I could've no I should've gave her a good bye kiss or something, anything! But nooooo I just said " well, good bye "

What is wrong with me?!

[ October 08, 2007, 15:41: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

kevin smith's movies are awesome. jay and silent bob strike back i count as the exception :|

8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I've been sick for... :eek: three weeks now?

Atleast the problem's been in my tummy and not my head (i.e.: my NWN 2 character is lvl. 13 now).

9. Morgoroth

Well lucky me... A kind woman from our building found the keys and returned the mto me. My day just improved significantly. I need to find a way to prevent them from dropping in the future though. Too bad I don't have any zipper pockets in my cloting in general.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  11. Morgoroth

I have a serious dislike towards wearing any sort of chains, my roommate recommended it but I don't know... I'll have to consider it though.

12. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Just dropped in to say hi. So......hi!

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Evening all.

That is good news, Morgoroth! As to your problem, I'm not much help as a chain is all that comes to my mind as well.

14. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Morg, glad you got them back. Toggle clip to belt loop, maybe?
    This hotel has internet I can connect to with my old clunker.
    Went to cont ed seminar today that really stank. Not the listed presenter, no explanation why, the sub had a multimedia presentation she couldn't get to run, and as far as I could tell the seminar she was giving bore no relationship to the one I signed up for. Oh, well.
    INO, it is hot. H3 in fact. Supposedly it will cool off at the end of the week. Not too cool, please, or it will be a different kind of beach trip Saturday.

DoTW, belatedly, glad that nerve is better. Sounded dreadful.

15. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Morgoroth, I used to put my keys on a ring, different groups on different rings, then put the rings I needed on a D ring I could clip to a belt loop. Change rings as needed. Too much like a chain?

16. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    This is the class final, there's 4 classes just to prepare for the CCNA1 exam.
    BTW, I failed it... but not all is lost. I can re-take it on Wed night, and I didn't fail by that much. I just gotta wrap my mind around subnetting from all angles...

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Ofelix: I got both of them, and have seen the first one and the first disk of the second one.

Still have the second disk to watch then to see what else I have to watch...

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Deathly Hallows came in on Saturday and I'll be picking it up tomorrow! Finally, I get to find out what the bruhaha is about. :grin:

19. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, went out to supper. I lived in this city for ten years but that was nearly 20 years ago and all major roads have been rerouted. Once again I could see the restaurant I wanted to reach but could not figure out how to get there. When I found myself involuntarily back on the freeway heading away again, I conceded defeat and headed to my old standby, The Dog House. When all else fails, have a classic hot dog. Tomorrow I will take the route of last resort and get directions!
    BTW the university is almost unrecognizable. Parking lots where there used to be playing fields, new dorms and new lab buildings where there used to be roads, new roads where there used to be nothing. I am such a :geezer: !

OTOH I am not at work and if tomorrow does not offer more interesting content I can wander off and try again to find the restaurant; no consequences ensue from not attending the whole thing.

There is a great barbecue restaurant that is much easier to get into at lunch - in the evening you wait in line, sometimes for an hour, and since it is so very hot that is unpleasant.

Hmmm, I see a lack of attendance looming in my future. :p

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    :yum: barbecue .... I'm thinking that sounds like a good idea Rev :D

Wow, in the last day or so both JiggaJay and The Old One have appeared on our fine boards again. It sure is nice to see some old familiar faces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.