1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #96

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

My last day of power thieving. I *will* have that lovely cape this afternoon. :love:

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Trying to sort out the truth in (canadian) politic is near impossible! Almost every site I got are either a) Pro-convervative and says "The liberals are evil!" or b) Pro-Liberal and says "The convervatives are evil!"... How can I make an opinion on that kind of propaganda? Please show me an unbiased source of info.

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ Ofelix - understanding Canadian politics is actually pretty easy. Both the Liberals and Conservatives are pretty centralist these days so there are not many real differences between them. Generally speaking the party in power will come up with a policy and the other party will automatically criticize it but if the second party had been in power they probably would have come up with the exact same policy.

There are a few social issues where they genuinely disagree but these are few and far between. Same sex marriages is really the only one I can think of but there are probably a few others. Beyond that a Canadian Liberal politician is pretty much the same as a Canadian Conservative one. Even the NDP seem to be becoming centralists so soon there could well be three virtually identical parties.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah well, as I become older (and thus can legaly vote) I really wish to understand my own country's politic better, so when the time arises I can make a educated choice on voting and not simply voting "for the guy that seems better".

And thus far unbiased sources of info has ben scarce if not none-existant.

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31

The first thing to realize is that there is no such thing as an unbiased source. All you can do is listen to what the parties say their positions are and come to your own conclusions as to what you think is best.

6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I'm back after driving nearly nine hours yesterday. around the eastern end of this lovely state and briefly up into Virginia as well - it was, of course, H3 (hazy, hot, humid for those who haven't read my recent weather rants) and my fellow drivers were bonkers, to be as charitable as possible. I am sore and tired today, because I am a :geezer: (sans beard) and therefore too old to spend that much time driving.

The wicked weather diviners claim it may not get up to 90 tomorrow. Ha!

ION, went out in back yard after dark to refill bird feeders, noticed a creature at my feet, not two feet away, that at first I took to be a cat and it turned out to be - yes! oh no! - a SKUNK! We ran away from each other as rapidly as possible and so I was not forced to disrobe in the back yard.

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    You know Rev - if you had the little guy descented (and tame) they are supposed to make pretty good pets :lol: :p

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I bought a bottle of Jim Beam Yellow Label, I have ice in the fridge, and I'm looking forward to a glass of it tonight.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I couldn't find the RGB thread, so I'll post why I haven't been on BoM very often these past couple of weeks: 99 thieving

10. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I had forgotten how hard it is to run a D+D game spur of the moment until last night. Making everything on the fly kinda makes things interesting.

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Got the computer formatted

12. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    :flaming: 666 the number of the beast, hell and fire was spawned to be released! :evil:

We need a smiley-guy who's throwing the horns.

ION: Everybody, to the Random German Babbling Post #1, go!

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Oh man! Now I really want to learn German. :bad:

I'll get around to it eventually. :rolling:

14. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The MythBusters had a good cure against skunk odor - think it was dishwashing liquid, peroxyde and something else.

When I was in high school, there was a guy who lived near the said school, and when we went into the woods to toke a little, very often I saw his pet skunk wandering around in the backyard. Hell, one time I was going to the tiny restaurant near school to get myself one of those giant burgers (and giant is fitting, let me tell you), and I bumped into the guy, taking a walk with his pet skunk of a leash. Bizzare, to say the least.

Speaking of bizzare pets, when I have sufficient space to set everything up, I've been thinking of getting a pet raven. The only problem remains finding a breeder that specializes in ravens...

The pain in my neck has lessened a little. Vicodin is still useful to have around, but in a couple of days I think I'll decrease the dose from two tablets a day to one, then completly stop.

The minor body work is complete, so is leveling everything with bondo. I'm applying primer tomorrow, and maybe the first few coats of paint if I have enough time. Otherwise, I'll wait till getting back to school on Friday night and finish everything during the night.

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Just got back from a three day, four college, tour. Went to Wesleyan, Lehigh, Bucknell, and Gettysburg. Honestly, they are almost identical. I really liked Gettysburg, but the other three were pretty much interchangeable.

Blah, we ate out for each meal... so I am never eating out again :p

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, it was time to pay the piper at work... :bad:

Still hearing some *decent* music (ELO, Madonna, Sting, Blues Brothers (yes, really), Nelly Furtado)...

...and then, a Neil Young song came on. :(

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Visited my cousin who was off work with a broken foot yesterday. I think I may be getting his cold...

18. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Yee hah! :beer: :banana:

Got my house to myself finally! Everyone's invited next Saturday for a party and alcohol is a must!!

19. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I think therefore my head hurts! Motrin take me away!

Polotics, what a mess, matters not what country you live in.

Religion... lets not even go there!

I have about 8 hours to try to get my main to level 65, and catch up with my friend. Oh the woes of WoW!

@Chev, gratz on the thesis being done!

Anyone else out there a Maximum PC subscriber?

20. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Either I think too fast, or those around me think too slowly...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.