1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #96

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@chev - You know what you gotta say to your prof, don't you? :tie: :book:

We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now *I* am the master.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Well, considering that I have one of those callings that means I have to be there 90 minutes before Sacrement, that's a 6 AM wake up call and by the time I get home and have lunch it's about 2 PM, I sleep until Spamming time...

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Do they have high speed internet available where you live Gnarf? I would love to live in the country again but the only fallback would be that most of the places in the country around here don't have any way to get high-speed internet without paying through the teeth for it. My mom's internet is so slow that I have to play spider solitaire while I wait for the pages to load. Drives me nuts when I go to visit her and try to fix something on her computer for her.

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ugh, so now I'm on antihissyfitsamines to stop me from scratching my sunburnt skin straight off the bone. Lovely. SLeeping tonight should be a bundle of joy.

/sarcasm

5. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Firstly, congrats on the well-nigh completion of your degree, chev! :banana:

Secondly, Dinsdale: Bruce Campbell settled down somewhere in Oregon - sharing the state with 'The King of B-Movies' has definitely got to be something in the 'yes' column! ;)

Thirdly, though I haven't been to a doctor yet, I am now virtually certain my hand is getting arthritis pains and not symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome:

At work, as I began to clean up, I started getting a sharp pain in the 'base' knuckle of my thumb. (You know, the one just at where the webbing begins, and the separate digit ends?) Got bad enough to have to stop and go get an aspirin, which helped after a half-hour (I'd just had a meal so it took longer to absorb into my system :bad: )

The fact that it was the 'knitting needle stabbing through the joint' type of pain, and only on ONE digit, and I haven't had any of the other symptoms of CTS (numbness, 'pins & needles', muscle weakness or 'dropsies'), plus I have a history of arthritis not only on both sides of my family tree, but in other parts of my own body as well, is pretty convincing. :heh:

Coulda been worse, I could also have had a headache. ;)

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Speaking of doctors, I finally saw mine yesterday. Got some free asthma drugs, and a referral to an arthroscopic surgeon so we can find out if I need surgery on my knee to fix the pain I've been feeling for about 2 years now. :bad: :rolling:

7. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Hey Chev, welcome in the ranks of the university graduates.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I like being a thief. :money:

9. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

has anyone tried any of these mmo games that are advertised in here?i play the monsters game,which is a werewolves vs. vampires thing.it's really pretty fun,and it doesn't take up a lot of time.i just wondered if anyone tried any

10. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    There's this one "Puzzle Pirates" add that for some reason makes me want to drink Jack Daniels and Captain Morgan.

I should probably try that "Tales of Pirates", because it's the same serie as "Tales of Symphonia", plus I'm a sucker for pirate related stuff.

ION, I miss the girls from my class. :(

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I can google all of the D&D pc's I've played online! Yes, most of the references come from SP....

12. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

It's a perfectly valid lifestyle to have no pants on.

Six days 'til Doomsday.

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hey, the nudists are gaining popularity too. I just read that in Palm Springs, a nudist colony has built the world's first nude skywalk. As long as it doesn't have a glass bottom, I'm fine with it. :p :rolling:

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The Red Guy from Cow and Chicken and I Am Weasel! would agree.

15. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Dragonfly, Yes they do, but there may only be one provider, and you have to buy their equipment and pay $50 something a month for the service.

We may be getting the equipment from someone that is moving, but the instalation and the fact that it would cost 5 times what we pay for Dial up could be barriers.

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Just 2 days till I go back to my house, my friends, my girlfriend, and my stuff. Course, while it's 2 days till I leave, it's over 3 until I arrive :(

17. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

The missus and I are collecting our new car today, and trading in our old one. The thing is, I'm getting a bit misty-eyed when I think I'm about to get rid of my old vehicle... :aww:

It's interesting how people can bond with inanimate objects.

18. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Gotta love the Red Guy :D

Tummy's all floppy, meaning I'm eating dry bread and drinking only water today.

19. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

After all, he is the King and Queen of Nopantsland.

20. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Aye!

The machine of a dream, such a clean machine,
    With the pistons a pumpin', and the hubcaps all gleam.
    When I'm holding your wheel,
    All I hear is your gear,
    When my hand's on your grease gun,
    Oh it's like a disease son,
    I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile,
    Get a grip on my boy racer rollbar,
    Such a thrill when your radials squeal.
    Told my girl I just had to forget her,
    Rather buy me a new cartburettor,
    So she made tracks sayin' ths is the end now,
    Cars don't talk back they're just four wheeled friends now,
    When I'm holding your wheel,
    All I hear is your gear,
    When I'm cruisin' in overdrive,
    Don't have to listen to no run of the mill talk jive,
    I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile,
    I'm in love with my car, string back gloves in my automolove!
    - Queen, At night at the opera

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.