1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #96

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well, yesterday when I wished I could sleep past 7h00. Waking up unable to get back to sleep at 8h00 wasn't exactly what I had in mind. Bloody hell! Arrg I wanna sleep goddamit!

Oh and tomorow's The International Talk like a Pirate day, so prepare yourself!

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Happy Tuesday.

Hot again, oh well. Before long I'll be lamenting about the cold - oh, wait, I never lament about the cold down here in Tennessee, that was before - uh, now that I think about it, over a decade ago since I lived up north - dear me, how time flies.

ION, I'm going to a conference in Louisville next week. Hardly a vacation but one of those is due in October, I hope.

Babble on.

3. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Going to an Angels game tonight. We've got good seats so it should be nice. They have their best pitcher going tonight, too. Hopefully they'll beat the stuffing out of the Devil Rays.

It's been nice and cool here the last few days. Wish it would stay that way. Alas, September is usually the hottest month of the year so that's unlikely.

4. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Admit it kuemp, you love them little fellas.

Our classes photoshoot was today and I, of course, had no idea about it whatsoever.
    But somehow I know the hangover picture is gonna look fantastic compared to the other pictures of me.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Not when they're squealing like abandoned babies at 5 in the morning. 2 of them in unison! :bang:

We've got an exterminator coming in Thursday at the price of under $200. Only a 3 month guarantee, but I've heard good things about the results. A house that was overrun - literally - by mice got cleared of them after a week and a rodent hasn't been there since (about 4 months now).

I did have fun watching the rats chew and climb on their cages at the pet store yesterday.

EDIT: Yay! 8600 posts!

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

My next door neighbors' house burned down last night... I woke up to see the entire house engulfed in flame. The police removed us from our house (in case the trees caught on fire... in which case, I would be more concerned with the state forest and 100 homes burning down...) for about 2.5 hours. Everyone is alright (they lost a few reptilian pets, but other than that, they're alright), hopefully they will be able to recover.

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    So tired. I went to an Anime convention on the weekend and havent had more then 6 hours sleep a night since. :sleep:

8. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

well,we had bad news.my wife's mother died early monday morning.she needs to go to chicago for a few days.i put her on a plane this afternoon.now i'll be alone til saturday afternoon ( i'd put in a sniveling smiley face if i could figure out how to put smiley's in here ).i do feel bad for her,but she's handling things well.we'll both miss each other,tho.

9. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Sorry to hear that. :(

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm back!

After a nice week long vacation in California, it's back to the same old drudgery of every day life. :bad:

On the way to CA, it only took us about 9 hours...due in part that I was driving about 100mph or faster during the long stretches of desert and farmland.

The trip back home took over 15 hours...because we stopped at a strip club in Vegas. And what happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas. :evil: :love:

Pictures of the trip will be on my site within a week. :rolling:

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm sorry for you, Dragon3. I hope everything will get better for the both of you. :(

Well I think I have no choice but to do my paper tomorow since all I did today was lazing around. Feels good though :p Meh College work, I hate thee!

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It is very interesting, compared to when I visited in March 2006 the air pollution in Beijing was much worse but here in Guangzhou it is greatly improved. Also the streets are much cleaner, there are a lot fewer homeless begging, and there is a lot of new construction including scores of office towers. I pretty much wrote Guangzhou off as a cesspit last time I was here but it is not too bad now. We are staying at the brand new Westin Hotel and it is very nice.

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

JSBB, Kitrax: you guys and your vacation talk...

My vacation is when my parents leave for a few days and I can do as a bloody well please for a few days...

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It isn't vacation for me, I am here on business. Guangzhou may have improved compared to last year but it still wouldn't make it anywhere on my list of potential vacation destinations.

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Meh. Nothing else.

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well at least you get to travel with your job JSBB - Adds a lot of variety to your life I imagine. Although too much travelling can make you wish for some time at home.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    My past and my present self have about 100 jokes I could make relating to your situation....but I'd better keep quiet. :p

Now that I'm back in Utah, I realize how much I hate this place. Booze laws, Mormons, and red necks aside...the people here just seem *dumber*. :bad: I wish I could afford to move back to CA. :cry: :rolling:

18. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Land ahoy!

19. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Arr! Yee scrurvy dawgs!

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Avast mateys! P)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.