1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #96

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    My hand is broken, nose is running and tummy protesting against my pain medecin. Atleast I still have Stargåte.

ION, I need a Lylatwars (or Star Fox 64) screensaver that randomly says things like: "Zap the center eye, Fox" or "Hey, what's the big idea?"

2. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Man, laser computer mice are sensitive. If I pick mine up to move it, it's still tracking, and my screen pointer goes everywhere... LOL

ION, it seems that a lot of my friends have lost their senses recently. It's getting pretty stressful.

3. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

the weekend at last.i don't have to think about my ancient machines for 2 days.and,if i hit the lottery,i won't ever have to think of them again.i always have hope,even tho i've played it for 20+ years and haven't won yet.but think how much more i'll appreciate it when i finally do win

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hey, I can post again! Firefox kept locking up when I would leave my homepage and I'm not surfing the 'Net on IE.

5. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I still use IE...admittedly IE 6...I have no trouble at all. I really don't get what goes wrong for people >_> lol!

I only have one more week till I go to uni : / I'm starting to feel a little nervous...I'm also a bit sad, I'm gonna miss my gf's Birthday cos its when my term starts :( couldn't the uni like postpone it by 2 or 3 days!?

I've got try and not cry dammit...I keep getting lumps in my throat *sigh*

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

A family Guy episode I haven't seen yet on a syndicated channel...

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

It's page 14!

:aaa:

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Kuemp, that's why I set SP to be my homepage :) Plus, it helps Tal out because then it is a guaranteed hit-a-day.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Meh. Firefox does the job, but I personally prefer Opera. Tried Seamonkey too, it wasn't bad, but it certainly wouldn't be my browser of choice.

Oh yeah - there was a batch of computers that were good for the trash at work today. I asked my boss if I could have them instead. He asked why... I told him I might try and salvage parts to build a BSD firewall. I did just that - I managed to salvage a mobo, RAM, HD, and even a SCSI controler card and SCSI HD! :eek:

The box is fully functional. All that's left is to turn it into a firewall.

As for the rest of the puters... I introduced them to my trusty old friend the sledgehammer. Oh yeah, I kicked things up a notch and welded barbed wire on the head of the sledgehammer. A lot of barbed wire. I even gave it a name - "Puters Bane".

I hate computers. Unless they're in smashed pieces.

[ September 16, 2007, 08:19: Message edited by: Disciple of The Watch ]

10. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

/me downloads opera

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    @Gnarff, which one?

My desktop is now perfect, it doesn't have any distractions, like icons, only a huge :banana: dancing BWAHAHAHA!

12. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Aah, Opera. I miss the mouse gestures when I use other browsers.

13. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

You own an arc welder?

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Then why build one?

15. Disciple of The Watch

Yeah, I guess you could call it so. I think TIG welding is called Tungsten Arc Welding.

It requires more skill than MIG or SMAW, but TIG produces significantly better welds in experienced hands.

I basically needed a dedicated box to use as a firewall to secure my own network at home. Rest assured I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't needed it.

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I would love to own an arc welder. Then I would build oversized and climbable sculptures in my tiny yard.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Well, my arc welder is old, and not as powerful as it used to be, but it does the job. I should really consider getting a new one, though. It's a wonder this old thing still works.

As for scupltures, I'm currently working on a 2:1 scale statue of a raven, complete with deployed wings.

I plan on using an old technique I used back in the body shop in order to replicate the color a raven's feathers, and the finished product will not be painted, just sprayed with a few coats of clear. This will be my end-of-semester project.

The others in my class find this project odd and somewhat disturbing, but I don't care.

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The one where Brian is left babysitting while Peter and Lois go on a second honeymoon. Then they steal a "sequel" to "The Passion of the Christ".

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh yeah " Passion of the Christ 2: Crucify This " :lol: I liked that episode.

20. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    "...Because they don't allow Asians inside." Awesome episode. :D

ION, the left side of my head is full of candy-yellow mucus, damn sinusitis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.