1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #96

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

DotW, you ARE mad at these people, aren't you? Only for avoiding the hassle, I hope you can stay with the art department.

We did actually have some rain today, maybe an inch, which leaves us about a foot and a half short for the year but is certainly welcome. There are a number of trees in the neighborhood that look like they've died. Maybe they've gone dormant early and will come back next spring.

ION, my attempt to play IWD at the insane difficulty level shows I am not as good at that game as I thought I was. Monsters doing double damage are mowing down my poor characters, and there just aren't enough scrolls in the game to bring them back. If only RL were so easily defined. Perhaps why I like the games.

Babble, friends, babble.

2. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    I need to be at work tomorrow at 5am :(

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

It disturbed the instructor. You were, basically, insulting him/her, undermining his/her authority in the class and s/he reacted, imo, appropriately. God forbid anyone would want to learn while sharing a class with you. If you act like this, why do you even go to school?

I only have 4 pieces of gum left. Must conserve.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Disciple, speaking as a former student, what you did was hilarious. I've done similar crap in my life. However, as a teacher, I have to say I empathize with the instructor a bit. Teaching is not easy, and I'd like to think that as a profession it deserves a little respect.

You do seem rather PO'd at this college, though!

Speaking as a teacher, I love my immigrant students because they provide me with labour that I can use to meet my needs. However, acclimating them to life in Canada is not the easiest or most comfortable task (none of my university training covered teaching ADULTS that Canadian toilets are not designed to be stood on when used, and that the toilet paper goes IN the toilet, after which time we FLUSH the bloody thing.)

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Well it took me 2 weeks but I finally caught up with my overdue schoolwork. I should be able to increse my spaming :)

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

"Any questions?"
    "Is it true... that there is a place in a man's head, where if you shoot it, it will explode?"

:lol: Hot Fuzz was such a great movie.

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I have a sore neck :(

Edit: 1200 Posts. yay :banana:

8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Making Spaghettie sauce, unloading a trailer and maybe cleaning something up in the yard if time, my back and the weather co-operate...

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Never ever question the authorities' authority and the pleasure they get from displaying their power. :nono:

...I'm quite happy about my writings in my blog. I wonder if I should try to hone my writing skills in a college or somewhere, take some creative writing classes or something...Not to make a living out of it, although that would be nice, only to perfect the skills that give me pleasure.

I think that might be nice.

[ September 12, 2007, 11:02: Message edited by: Iku-Turso ]

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I found out this morning that surfing pizzas don't eat coffee

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The mice are working on getting a new hole open in the foundation.

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Have you ever considered using a sledgehammer or a similar blunt object against the said mices?

I think I will spend my day off playing video games, oh yeah I think I shall.

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I am going to go make some lime sherbert now - wish me luck.

14. Saber

Eep, I need an idea for a creative writing story... I am trying to shy away from fantasy because that is what the majority of my writing is and I would like to breach other genres. Any random ideas (I work well with random)?

15. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Try something about families. Dysfunctional ones. That's always good for either comedy or pathos, depending on your take. Or a school story, preferably not too sappy.

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I got a call from my art teacher today - I began today instead of tomorrow.

I never told my friends in the department I was coming. They were quite surprised. They gave me one of the warmest welcomes I've ever had in my life, and made me feel right at home.

Today's class was rather basic - it's basically sitting around a table, discussing art, showing some of our portfolio, stuff like that. I showed some of the pics I took from the paintjobs I made while working in the body shop - my imagination and creativity was praised.

Tomorrow is a free class - we're starting work on our end-of-semester projects. I've decided on something regarding metalworking, which I am familiar with. Metalworking appearantly is not very often used in that class, making my project even more exotic, which is something teacher REALLY likes.

I'm finally encouraged to think outside the box. I'm finally encouraged to push the envelop, expand my imagination, and take my craft to another level... and I freaking love every second of it.

17. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Yay, DotW! Sounds like you've found your academic home. Hope it continues.

For a change, weather-wise, a very nice day. Not too hot, fairly low humidity, and breezy. Can the fires of summer's hell be waning here at last?

Regardless, babble!

18. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Mystra, Could this thread get anymore gay?

19. Saber

Eh, I am not a fan of those stories, everyone seems to do one. But thanks for the idea, I may use it (as I have nothing else so far :p ).

This thread is homosexual? That's odd, I didn't know it liked other threads of it's same gender...

Poor show, Sorvo. Gay is not an insult or a word that is synonymous with 'stupid' or 'useless', please don't use it that way.

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Illness...not...fun... :sick:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.