1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #96

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I grew up in Orange County for 15 years...so I know what to expect. :rolleyes:

Well...it's day 5 that I've gotten 4 hours of sleep of less. Each day there's a different reason for it too. :bang: After I get home from work in the morning, I'm going to take two sleep aids and crash...and if anyone *dares* to disturb me, heavy objects are going to fly. :evil: :rolling:

2. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Ah, I see. I didn't know that.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Another day of rest, relaxation and doing things I wanted to do.

My family returns tomorrow night however...

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    *Dfly thinks back to her years in art school.*

Actually I wouldn't take offense to that, a lot of my school mates were pretty crazy and most of my highly creative friends are eccentric.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I didn't meant it in an offensive way. I am one of those artistic types myself. The vast majority of my friends in college were actually in the art department. Artist types are undeniably the most fun and interesting people to be around of. And unlike the moronic idiots in the architecture department... the art department is not filled with superficial moronic idiots.

I'm dropping by the principal's office Monday and try to smooth things out concerning my readmission. And if the discussions fail... well, too bad, I'll just pack my stuff and head for the art department instead.

Good riddance, architecture.

On a different note, I got checked this week and my neck is fine. No more Vicodin for me. Crap. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yeah I'm in art too, and it's true most people are eccentric, if not completetly odd. Myself included.

Damn illness! Now I have to skip work again, wow what a paycheck for this week out of my 18 hours scheduled I did 0. Let's see 10 $ an hour for 0 = ? HHmmmm,

My cold HAD to become an asthma crisis eh?

" Hey you, asthma! How do you think I'm gonna pay for my tuition eh? f*** you! " Well, next year's university's tuition really, College cost practicly nothing. University is around 3000$ a year, and so far I've +- 1600. There's no way I'm having my mastery degree with that. Damned!
    I don't want a student loan from the government.

7. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Heya, all - been relatively absent due to a 'intermittent connection' issue with my ISP - once again, they've had a couple of trucks parked at the node 'shack' in my neighbourhood for the past month, and then the cxn speed goes south maybe a week ago - I think they are screwing things up, likely unintentionally. :nolike:

Today I saw an update from a webcomic that I've almost relegated to the '{hiatus}' section of my bookmark folder (aka 'dead'), and the artist always has a funny "IRC Log Humour" just underneath his 'blog' for the comic; this one I felt I should share:

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

As soon as I make an appointment with Orkin to come in and do their Venkman act on the house, b-i-l recommends another company which might be cheaper. Orkin offers $270+tax for 1500' feet and $25/50' feet over that. Cost to rodent proof the place I'm living: between $800-$1000. I called the other company and am waiting for the guy to call back, but he probably won't until after the Orkin appointment on Monday. *sigh*

9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I'm too dizzy to leave my computer, I'm too tired to play anything and I'm too stubborn to pass out.

Well, atleast my MSN Foobar 2000 plugin is working.

10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    What is the address of that IRC Quotes thingie?

11. Ofelix

Media:
    Errrr, I don't think naming a child after a coke product is such a good idea.... That's kinda lame.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I caught up with WWdN now, so I can resume my usual spamming. I'm going to start a regular blog, too.

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ DoTW - Hehe ... I know hon - I was just teasin' ya sweety. :p I just thought your statement was very funny.

Am I the only one who is shocked at how fast 2007 has been passing by?

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Well, my parents returned tonight. My vacation appears to be over. I still have some manwich made with bear meat that I may be the only one eating for a meal or two left...

15. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Got up really sick at 4am. I'm at work now, but should be in bed. :sick:

16. Ofelix

Media:
    Yeah it's amazing! I mean It seems to be we were in january just yesterday and it's already september!

17. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh, oh...Architecture is Art! 'Tis one of the highest forms of art mankind is capable of... :shake:

Yuh, veritably one of our most venerable architects designed a lot of buildings that fail in their practical use and his hometown is famous of its university building that's heavily water-damaged and mildewy. Truly, never I have experienced entropy and failed high ideals expressed so well through the grand art of architecture. :D

So basically you've got a bunch of high and mighty people thinking too highly of what they're supposed to do and what they can achieve through it. Le Corbusier as a fine example...how does the 2005 riots in Paris work with his philosophy of arhcitecture? Not well...not well at all methinks...

No worries DoTW, I think you'd be far better off at the art department...

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...I just found out how much my online Microeconomics class is going to suck up my free time. I have to read 3 chapters in 6 days, submit 3 writing assignments a week, post regularly in the course's discussion forum with the instructor and other students, and take weekly online quizzes. :doh:

Well...so much for a life this quarter. :bad:

We leave for CA tomorrow evening! :banana: :rolling:

19. Ofelix

Media:
    Is stalling the written exams of Tennis so the actual tennis-ing takes less time is moraly right? I will do it nonetheless however.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Unsurprisingly, discussions with the bureaucrats with a 2x4 up their arses was pretty much pointless.

To be readmitted, I'd have to dye back my hair to a 'natural' color. Kiss the piercings goodbye too. Oh, and how could I forget -- clothing. Shirts and pants? Man, f*** that.

I gave them the finger then dropped the filled paperwork to get transfered in the art department. They're currently craming me in the schedule, and I should begin sometime this week.

Good riddance, architecture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.