1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #95

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Monday night/ Tuesday morning, already my year looks bleak...

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I had a great day. Now I feel guilty about it.

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Because Sid Meier is that damned good at what he does!

4. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, I'm away from work for a few days (scheduled, plus that 'delayed holiday') and everything changes.

Our new dept. manager is in, and I'm delighted to find out that she's got a reputation as a bit of a 'clean freak'. :evil:

Despite suggesting to my colleagues that the oil in the fryer should be changed, I find that it hasn't been in the four days I was gone.

Also the 'muzak' has changed - there are a few proper songs with actual vocals (and some GOOD ones, even) but most fit the bill of elevator music. :(

Also finished up the evening by stemming a potential fire in the store. The deli clerk and I both started to notice a 'burny' smell, but only in the middle of the deli area. Looking at the 20' high ceiling and thinking about air currents, I strolled over to the bakery, worrying that someone might have left some parchment paper on a baking tray and left the whole shmeer in one of the ovens. When I got there, a cashier was there sniffing and asked if I smelled something buring. :heh:

All the ovens were off, and by now I was unsettled that the smell resembled melting plastic wire casing/insulation. As I returned to the deli, I found my colleague over at a third part of the store - at the 'hot case' where we place whole chickens and other packaged hot foods for customers to pick up and purchase. She was lifting the racks in the empty case with some tongs and even about twenty feet away I could see the puff of smoke that rose when she did.

We shut the case off, and with my heavy oven gloves, we got the foil-wrapped racks out - it looked like something on display had leaked some juices or the like, which had then dried out and burned on the foil, after dripping down under the rack. The interesting thing was, it was difficult to remove the lowermost 'rack' (that we added to help deflect some of the surplus heat being pumped out on even the lowest setting) since the foil had melted and bonded to the flat heating element along one edge - there's still about an inch of foil sticking up down one side. :)

We've got the handyman coming in tomorrow to work on that case AGAIN; in addition to it persisting in overheating (it'll melt the hard plastic containers we put our hot food in) the 'burnt wire' got stronger from the case after we removed the racks.

5. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

i just started chapter 3 in hordes of the underdark.i should finish it before too long.about time.i have plenty of games waiting to be played.i have a whole shelf full of computer games waiting to be played.and i have another shelf of ps2 games waiting their turn

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

girlfriend left for San Francisco yesterday. Cried a bit but I don't think its really hit me yet. Finished 2 bottles of wine and around 6 beers single-handedly last night. Probably gonna drink more tonight

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Good thing the year is half way done already then isn't it ;)

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    @Magister, so true, bring on 2008 :p

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Best line from my dream this morning:

"When was the last time you let your squirrel run through your child-bride's tree?"

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That sounds dirty. :nono: :bad:

>_>

My leg hurts. :rolling:

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Greyish outside, (kinda) coldish, and wet outside. Not a good start!

12. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Hot here. Humid here. Unpleasant all the way around.

TVA (the regional power generating grid for those not from around here) expects to set records this week - they already set the all-time Sunday record this week, so more are likely.

Ugh. Almost enough to make me move back north.

Oh, well, babble on! Most computers are indoors, anyway.

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I just received confirmation that my payment for the balance of my mortgage has been processed so I now own my house free and clear! Goodbye mortgage payments! :)

14. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

it's going to hit record heat again today.it's even more miserable with the high humidity in this god-cursed state.i feel for people that work outside.i also feel for our parts washers.they go out back,where there is no air conditioning,and run a washer that has water hot enough to wash oil off of gears.at least my machines are inside

15. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

JSBB, congratulations.

Dragon3, I went to school in Florida, a long time ago. Summer in Florida is unbelievably hot.

And yes, TVA announced they set a new all time record for power use on Monday.

I went home on my lunch break, enjoyed the cool for a bit, then like a good citizen tapped the thermostat up a degree or two. The office is bearable though warmer than I'd like. Oh, well. Summer. After a month or two it will be better.

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Yours too?!? I twisted my hip (turning to speak with someone) yesterday morning, and thought nothing of it - twinge for a second, then gone.

That night and today, the hip's been aching if I've been standing on my feet for a few hours...like at work. :bad:

:banana: Yay for JSBB! Freedom for the home-owner! :banana:

17. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Next have stopped selling the thing I wanted :mad:

18. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Only 2.5 more days until I'm FREE! (for a whopping 3 weeksof unpaid time, but nevertheless! . . .)

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    More time has passed with no notable change in my life.

*yawn*

I wish magic were real. The world would be so much more interesting then.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Sunday needs to hurry up and get here. I am so sick of seeing those ads for the Diana/Dodi movie on TLC with the s***** cover of Modern Love. :toofar:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.