1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #95

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
  2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Three w00ts: "Xbox 360!", "Five weeks of holidays still left!" and "No problems involving other human beings!"

In other news: Why do the daft Americans call football soccer? :nolike:

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
  4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hehe. Well. Some people do that. But in British English "house" is not only just the building and some people don't even really say "home", they just use "house" for everything (this is especially the "upper class" usage).

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've been waiting for something pithy to come to mind, but this is all you get.

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Because they have a better game taking up that name already. :p

ION, I'm ripping the pages out of an old game manual that I found which already had some pages coming loose - I'm scanning all of them in and sharing the subsequent document with a site that hosts all manner of old, unavailable manuals; that way I'll at least have a digital copy on a CD when the loose pages start to go missing (the original floppies for the game have fully degaussed, and the keyboard overlay is missing already, and the developer & publisher has been out of business for years :( )

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    JE,
    rather, because they don't know better :p

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    What games is it JE? It must've been old if it's on floppies...

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Found a yellow jacket's nest today. They didn't get really anxious about me until I was ready to leave the area, but they fly faster than I can run. At least four stings for my trouble...

Next time I need to relieve myself out doors, I'm checking for nests first...

10. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Microprose's M1 Tank Platoon, dating back to '89.

The site in question has almost all of the Microprose manuals, apart from this one and another - Sword of the Samurai.

That was vexing, because I have the game (and copied the floppies as they began to get bad sectors) but the manual was on the bottom of a banker's box on the floor during a flood about five years ago - it was left a soggy mash, and once it dried (still in situ as I forgot about the whole box for maybe about a month after) the glossy pages fused together.

The copy-protection is moot; I play the game on-and-off enough to have the clan symbols nearly memorized, but all that rich, detailed information, presented so interestingly, all the artwork and historical background, all just wood pulp :(

I'd also lost two or three other manuals in that box, but the site, www.replacementdocs.com had them, so I was able to print off something similar (dang Microprose with their odd-sized 8.5" x 7" manuals! The whitespace at the bottom of each page looks weird ;) )

Anyways, I'm just over one third of the manual scanned, so I'm going to be doing more of this tomorrow - apart from the talk of getting people together for D&D (what's left of the group :grr: )

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I should really shave, but I'm too lazy to do it.

Think I'm gonna try not shaving until school starts again at the end of the month. :geezer:

12. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    My old house was a flat which would present its own set of problems for picking it up and moving it, I don't think the neighbours would be too happy :lol:

And Chev, I am certainly not middle class ;)

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i hate heartache :cry:

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yeah...we already have a game that's boring as all hell and usually ends with a final score of 1-2...it's called baseball. Up until Beckham decided to come over, Soccer wasn't a very popular sport for a reason. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo...how do you get almost to the point of "passed-out-drunk"? Drink the following:

3 shots of Grey Goose
    2 shots of Ice 101
    2 shots of Grey Goose mixed with Ice 101
    1 shot of Bacardi "O"

While it wasn't used as a tracer...I was drinking Mt. Dew in between shots...so drink Mt. Dew. *always* drink Mt. Dew. :D :rolling:

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

More killing today. I'll see you back at the encampment.

16. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Having a headache. Under my left eyebrow. Since last wednesday. Feels like a normal headache that is concentrated in one spot. And painkillers don't really help anymore...

17. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Two words:
    Robot Chicken.

18. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Shell, welcome back.

I have nothing to say, really.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

/me barfs at the thought of that foul, oozing radioactive waste called Mt. Dew

And this guy says I have deranged tastes because I like cheesecake. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, there's some left in the fridge. Want a slice, Kit? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    What's wrong with cheesecake?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.