1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #95

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

At least youre not pushing monks off their bicycles again. That was embarrassing.

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Trellheim:
    And that's what a mule is. I remember seeing a number of them used on farms in my childhood but they are now only curiosities in the U.S.

ION, we broke more heat records yesterday. I have started playing IWD again in hopes that I will be tricked into thinking I am cooler but so far it is not working very well.

Freeze, self!

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Went back to school shopping yesterday and bought a whole bunch of clothes... but we had a 40% discount, so I don't think it was too expensive.

Argh, i have a bunch to do. I really want to sit down for a few hours and just play video games, but I have to get summer work and college work done :(

4. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

It's warm and sunny outside! :banana:

Perfect time to install Oblivion and get glued to the PC for the weekend. :grin:

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Nother all day LAN. Yayness :)

6. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    It's Friday! My wife is working all weekend so I'm on my own every night. Now I have a big decision to make. Do I play Civilization or Gran Turismo? Decisions, decisions. :hmm:

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Today I managed to create whopping 29860 markup errors in a single run of search & replace.

If you don't know what you need back-ups for, this is why.

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I love SP. It is like a home while you're at home.

But yeah, I do love SP, I realized.

9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I love SP, too, it's not only a forum, but a way of life.

I just saw 17 minutes from Prison Break's third season. Awesome.

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Another moving out coming up. It seems that the one constant thing in my life in eight years has been moving from one home to another and travelling from one place to the next. And no, I'm not too tired of it yet, it might be that I like it too much, setting up a new residence, having fancy notions of settling down.

This time however I'm putting my feet where they belong and drag my head down from the skies where I've built cloudcastles with intricate details. So yes, I'm doing a reality check, assessing my abilities and capabilities, checking where my strengths and weaknesses lie and build myself a life without the idea that I'm out there and in here to save the world. I'll do what I can, but I'm not a friggin' Atlas. It's time to shed the weight of the world off of my shoulders and start my life as a boulderpusher instead. And I feel good about it, for once I'm not over my head sporting some silly delusions of grandeur. I want to help people the best I can, but I realized that it's not my duty to take care of the whole and the woe of the world.

11. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    I just hope you're not Sisyphus.

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

After two weeks of no internet at home I am supposed to be hooked back up today. The only problem is that I have not yet received the new modem and the accompanying information about my new account. Hopefully I will find them waiting for me when I get home but I am willing to bet that Bell will have botched things up again and I will have to wait until next week.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

tonight was a better night. didn't end up going where i expected to but in the other place a friend of mine introduced me to a girl who's kinda cute (or seems so right now) and is into me. good stuff.

14. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I want pizza. I do not want to go get it (no delivery here in the boonies). Existential crisis.

15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    It's allright, in Finland we have this thing called 'sisu', which you could translate into spunk, relentlessness, tenacity or persistence, the difference being that 'sisu' is tied more into the situation at hand, into relatively short timespan endeavours, especially when you keep on doing what you do even if you're physically strained or under stress. An attribute often given to long-distance runners or cross-country skiiers for instance. Something the Sisyphuses of this world might find handy. And a nice connotational pairing...Sisyphus - sisu...

But as I am not showing determination or tenacity quitting my biology studies and my band for an indeterminate time or perhaps for good, I'm showing more good sense not reaching out for stars to lie on the palm of my hand where they'd most certainly burn me to cinders...

16. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yay for the weekend! Oh wait I work both saturday and sunday, right... Oh well at least I got Tuesdays and Wenesday off. Meh.

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I am shocked! My internet package was actually waiting for me and I am back on-line at home.

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well despite being unsual of Bell to be reliable you should be glad, no?

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Have you tried casting Hero's Feast, if you're a cleric type, or Wish, if you're a wizard type? :hmm:

M-I-L is totally b******* about the mice. The scritching we heard above our heads for weeks was the mice eating their way through the floor of her bedroom! :lol: They pooped on everything and made a big, stinky mess up there and used F-I-L's downstairs "study" (re: room to sleep in away from M-I-L) as a group toilet. She's so telling me "we" need to get on this with traps and/or poison or she'll call an exterminator before she leaves on vacation next month. She is such an idiot who's more self centered than a top. WTF does she think we've been doing for 6+ months now? Breeding them?!?!

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

crap, woke up early today because i was supposed to meet someone for my mom but the bastard never showed and now im wide awake for nothing. ill try taking one of those sleep-aid pills now to get back to sleep. hope it works, i dont usually have a good result with it. i wish i had some valium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.