1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #95

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Electric shavers give me a rash, and I'm ugly enough as it is.

Got paid today. It's all already spent. I'm poor again.

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, if I'm not careful, I get rash-y on the neck, with all that loose, turkey wattle-like, multiple chin skin down there. ;)

Welcome to Western 'Civilization', mate. :(

ION...

:skeptic: Huh. How did I not notice my gem changing? I kinda liked the Horn Coral more...ah, well. *shrug*

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31

A lonely, lonely Friday. Dad called just to talk.

4. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I shave twice a week wether I need it or not, blades last longer. Oh and I never shave on vacation unless forced to ofr some event like a wedding.

In other news, i have a flat tire and am getting a ride to work from a friend, I hate automobiles.

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    I have the battery powered Fusion blade, and even use the Fusion shaving foam :( But, it doesnt matter, i got it for free :p

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I really should shave more than once a week. I use electric razors because I am afraid I'll cut myself too badly otherwise...

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hell no. The only reason I use a Fusion is that when my friend bought WoW, EB Games had a promo and they were giving away free Fusions. :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic:

Battery-powered razors with oscillating head? Give me a f****** break. :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic: :skeptic:
    You do have a point. I already tried an electric razor, and I didn't liked it.

You know, sometimes I have the crazy idea of doing just like Christopher Daniels and just let the damn facial hair grow and trim it when it gets too long.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I agree. When I just *have* to shave, I use my beard trimmer to get things ready for my Braun 60 Complete. I got it last year for Xmas, and I'm not going to need to change the head for awhile. Every 3 uses or so, I put it in the base unit, it charges, clean, and lubricates the blades.

It gets my face super smooth. :thumb: :rolling:

9. Disciple of The Watch

If there's one feeling I can't stand, it's that of being clean shaven - it gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

Facial hair is a normal part of manhood - just grin and deal with it.

I took my decision. I'm throwing the Fusion in the garbage and I'm growing a Christopher Daniels (the full beard, not the little chin fuzz)/Christian Cage like beard which I'll just trim with the clipper when it gets too long. I'm sick and tired of the razor's slavery.

10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    We should rename this 'Random Shaving Babbling Post' ;)

11. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I'm in Kota Kinabalu, in Malaysia. 'tis hot! The hotel is awesome though, right on the seafront. The view!

Hee, this should be a good holiday.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You miss the point. You can have a beard/goatee...and still be clean shaven. It's a good way of scoring points with the lady-folk. :thumb:
    I don't understand you geeks that take a computer with you on vacation. I can understand using it to kill time of a 6+ hour flight...it's when you're wasting time in a hotel room on a computer that I don't understand. Get out and hit the beach! :rolling:

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :skeptic: Gillette Fusion :skeptic: Turbo maybe? :skeptic: Try something like this one. That's what I use, blades are cheap, and the shaving was good enough for my dad and it's certainly good enough for me. In fact I continue to use one of his old razors, thirty years old or so.

I read beard hair has the cutting resistance of a copper wire - explains why the blades do get dull rather quickly. So I use my blades for two, max three shaves so I won't maim myself. One pack of ten costs me a two Euro or so.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I didn't shave my legs or armpits today. I'm going for the whole Ayla/Clan of the Cave Bear look.
    It's a normal part of mammalhood - male or female.

I heard the mice trying to gnaw through the wire mesh this morning! :lol:

15. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@Ragusa: Where can you buy something old-fashioned like this? The blade prices for modern shavers are ticking me off.

16. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Goodness, I'm gone for a day and a half and everything's about shaving!

Anybody remember the country song, "You Mean I Shaved My Legs For This?" At least I think that's what it was called.

H3 again.

And the poor neighbors are having sewer problems and are in the process, on a sweltering Saturday, of diggin up their front yard.

Hmm, wonder if I'm next.

Ah, well. Almost glad I'm at work to avoid the noise, smell, etc.

Babble, babble, babbledy boo.

17. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

i use a scgick quatro.the blades aren't too expensive,especially at the dollar store.or generics at wal-mart.it works well enough

i wish i could afford to go to another country for a vacation.i have to save for most of the year just to go to orlando ( 150 miles away ).that's just another drawback of having to work for a living

i think our rats are either dead or gone.we threw poison under the trailer a couple of weeks ago,and haven't heard any noises lately.but my wife tells me there's a little furry animal living in the awning on the porch.i'll have to look for it.if it isn't a rat,i might put out food for it

18. Disciple of The Watch

My sharp-as-a-metal-ruler fusion hit the trash, like I said it would. I used the opportunity to also trash my old Machs 3 and other old razors. The clipper stays handy, though I doubt I'll need to trim the slowly-growing beard anytime soon...

You don't need to be clean-shaven to score points with the opposite sex, so that's a moot point.

Or start a new thread about shaving. :skeptic:

Hehe, and all because of me.

19. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Around Easter I got rid of my 4-inch goatee. I got sick of shaving pretty quickly, so I started growing a full beard.

I'm going for a look somewhere between Medieval Christ paintings and Robinson Crusoe.

20. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Where about in KK are you staying? Get to the Centre Point Mall, its awesome.

Also, try the Irish Bar along the Water Front, its a great place to chill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.