1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #94 (aka the Cesspool of Inanity)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ah god, I'm an ass. Made a terrible mistake and I hurt someone very badly, and I have a feeling it won't end well in many different regards.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

That sucks.

Meanwhile day one of three home alone report:

Had Pork Chops for lunch and watched disk one of the first season of "the Tick"

Meanwhile got some Civ IV time in...

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I have the new Harry Potter. Yah! :banana:

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yay for nerds everywhere! :p

What kind of people wait 12 hours in line for a book? :skeptic: :rolling:

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

The offspring of those who waited 12 hours in line for Star Wars. :p

Except Star Wars is good. Harry Potter... notsomuch.

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Hah, I stumbled upon my neighbor today, and told him to tone it down. He then started to provoke me, and pissed me off, bad, so I simply swung my right fist into his f****** face. Judging by the faucet-like bleeding, it's possible my fist broke his nose on impact. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My other neighbor - you know, the one who squatted my place yesterday - saw me and was just laughing herself to tears - and so was my housemate when she heard about it.

I'm proceeding retaliation for yesterday by throwing a monster party tomorrow evening - my audio expert friend (also my former co-worker) will be bringing along enough speakers and woofers to make the whole town hear that f****** party.

Payback's a bitch. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Sorry for the ages replying :)
    Hubby's family are Catholic, it's traditional to have the corpse in the house until the night before the funeral when it goes to the church. Unfortunately father in law chose to die on a Friday night so he was in there until Monday :eww:

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Even if I was a devout religious type...there's no way in hell I'm going to allow a corpse in my house...let alone for the weekend! :nono: :rolling:

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Really?? :/

I'm Roman-Catholic, and I've always assumed that this was just a technical difference, but I've never heard (afaik) of that practice being observed..

usually when the person passes away they bring him to the embalmers right away so that they can set the wake up in the mortuary as soon as possible.

Or is this more of a cultural practice that's observed in this country? :confused: not really sure.

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Just sliced open a toe on the exhaust vents of the computer tower... Ouch, ouch, ouch.

11. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Last night was late...now I have to determine whether or not to go to a beach party tonight. Don't think I will...too tired. I'm growing old.

12. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    My family is Catholic, and my grandfather was cremated shortly after his death so he did not have to be embalmed.
    His ashes are still in my grandmother's house, though. This is a source of many family jokes...

[ July 21, 2007, 17:19: Message edited by: Stefanina ]

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    DotW,
    you underline the observation I made on other Australians, that they are practical people with practical solutions.

14. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

i have a friend that's catholic.i'll have to ask her if it's a practice to keep dead bodies laying around the house for a while.but tell me,what country do you live in?it may just be a practice in some countries.i think it's fascinating to see all the different customs around the world

oh,btw,i think it's very mean of people to call their girlfriends a flat lass just because she isn't that big on top.i'm sure she would be sad if she knew you were telling everyone how flat she is

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Dragon3,
    flatlass ≠ flat lass
    flatmate ≠ flat mate

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    *yawn*

17. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Mmmm.... cake... :yum:

18. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Y'know when you sometimes start to feel like your life is an endless and pointless cycle of working and sleeping with no perks to keep you determined through the low bits and then you start thinking life is pointless altogether and you find yourself drinking to break up the inanity?

No? Just me then? :p

Edit: As if I needed to make things worse, the new Harry Potter didn't fit through my letterbox and has gone to the sorting office :( I can't get it now till Monday :cry:

[ July 21, 2007, 21:20: Message edited by: Urithrand ]

19. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I'm in Northern Ireland. And he was embalmed before being brought home. Ask Chev about it, he is the authority on religious issues :)

20. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

LMAO, That wasn't what I thought when I read Ragusa's original post. Maybe I'm just getting old...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.