1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #94 (aka the Cesspool of Inanity)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Kuemper, it does sound like your Mom is close to the end. I am sorry for your impending loss. Hospice care can be very helpful, more for the family in this case than for her, I think.

In other news, it is a sorry state of affairs when I am too busy to either babble or browse. At least I am going on vacation late next week - if nothing drastic comes up at work, that is, which is never guaranteed around here.

Oh, well. Kuemper, nothing to say really except I'm thinking of you.

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Erg. Am I allowed to feel disappointment in someone without being arrogant? As in, I am disappointed in one of my friends for getting drunk because it's not like her... but it stems from my dislike in alcohol. I don't think I am morally superior to her because I don't drink, but it disappoints me to see her abandon that part of her morals.

It actually goes beyond disappointment - it breaks my heart.

3. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Doesn't sound like arrogance or 'holier than thou' to me at ALL, Saber. I feel bad that your friend 'fell into this', so to speak, and also feel bad that she kinda of let down your expectations of her.

@K - yeah, you know I'm always on the other end of that phone if you need toll-free vocal sympathy. :) If'n ye want, wifey and I can come over to help with the household chores and provide companionship?

In Weather News, it's looking warm, but breezy, and best of all, clear and relatively low-humidity.

Welcome to Newfoundland, summer. How many hours will you be staying this year? ;)

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This friend, you interested in her?

In other news, I just spent the last 30-40mins getting lost trying to find my way to a friend's party deep in an area that I don't really go into. Finally just gave up and came home. Dammit, what a waste of time.

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Yeah, we've had a relationship before, and she wants to get involved again (which I am split on... I have the feelings for her, but there are things about her that bother me).

Hmm, so I was reading Mad Ship today, and I read over a part that said "kemper lost an eye," and I thought it said kuemper... I flipped out! I was like: "wait, huuwhat?! Kuemp lost an... oh."

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I made hubby help me clean out a bunch of boxes today. During this, we found out why I could hear mice scratching loudly - they were in a large Rubbermaid container eating rice. :lol: We had a couple heatable bags for sore muscles and the bags contained rice. The mice ate through the cloth bags and had a feast. Anyway, nothing's nibbled on the poison bait we've set out, so I slathered each bait with rice and peanut butter.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I have fainted again today, however it was less severe than last time. I obviously went to the hospital, had some tests; cardic, urinal, blood etc. Only to find out I'm completely normal. Meh, if I'm normal then why on earth would I faint twice in two days?! Anyway, won't go to work tomorow, better get some rest. I *haven't* had any good sleep in months though, might be it....or not.

8. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Flix, eat something. I command you, by my fearsome powers, to have food!

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    *sigh*

Sooooooo tired. And I still have about 9 more hours of work left. :bang:

Must....sleep. :sleep: :rolling:

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Did you have a cat scan Flix?

11. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @Ofelix: Lack of sleep could be it - or stress, which can also cause insomnia. Did you have your blood pressure checked?

12. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    The world has lost its innocence.

13. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Flix: There might be something that doesn't show up in normal tests...Your bloodsugar levels may fluctuate abnormally fast, which wouldn't show on standard tests, the cause might be neurological, it is a possibility, in which case standard testing of reflexes wont tell a damn thing about what's causing the faintings...but in any case hope you'll find out what's causing those fainting, and hopefully you can get it fixed.

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I just finished setting up my OS anew. And I only forgot to fresh up a back-up of files from one program, means I had minimum data loss :D

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

@Ofelix - How's the heat been in Quebec? If it's like the rest of the provinces, it's hot and humud. You're probably having heat stroke or something similar.

@Dragonfly - I don't believe Ofelix has cats. :hmm:

Looks to be another great sunny day outside. I'm wearing a schmexy red camisole, so I'll stay indoors to keep you guys from mobbing me. ;)

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@kuemper - ah, I thought I heard a riot or something coming from that part of town yesterday - overamorous admirers damage much property? :)

@flix - Getting enough sleep?

:idea: is there anyone in your apartment building painting, maybe? Or even cooking with inadequate ventilation (maybe carbon monoxide getting into your living space?) Do you have something like a vent hood over your stove - maybe it's stopped working and what it's supposed to take outside is just being redirected back into your apartment?

ANYWAYS, I...*digs toe in ground bashfully* well, I perpetrated some thread necromancy over on my other fora...(but that was very relevant and important! it related to the founding reason for that forum!)...and now the guys over there are going around with pitchforks and torches; can I hide out-IMEAN - hang out here for the next couple of days? :heh:

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I have had blood pressure test; 52/136 I think, my heart beat is kinda low also, 56. The temperature was in the 20ish C for about three weeks and we've had a lot of rain in the past two weeks. I also happen to eat less than I'd normaly would, I'm never hungry. I drink a lot of water though, and I urinate as much. Somehow I'm always thirsty. My sleep patern is erratic at best.

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    /me pokes felix

Sounds like *something* inside you is f***ed up. If your sleep patterns are as crazy as you say, you might want to get on some sort of non-narcotic sleep med...like Rozerem(sp) or Ambien.

Speaking of sleep...I did something stupid during my last break tonight. I had a craving for sugar, so I drove to the closest 7-Eleven-esque store and got 2 Krispy Kream donuts, a "king sized" Reese’s thingy, drank a can of Mt. Dew, and had a few hard candies after that. I was planning on crashing as soon as I got home...but with the sugar high I'm on right now, I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. :bad: :rolling:

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Flix: Always thirsty? IIRC that might be a sign of diabetes...and diabetes doesn't always show in a single blood and/or urine test, especially if you don't eat that much...If it's not diabetes, you might try to add a little more salt into your diet. If you sweat a lot, which might be the case, you lose electrolytes and water, which you need to supplement, but the thing is that you're not holding all that water you're drinking since your body's low on salts. Low blood pressure might be an indication of this as well. Then again it might be an indiacation of diabetes as well, so having those tests done is not a bad thing at all. What I would like to know is that are your muscles more tense than usual, so much so that it might be painful. This would indicate that you might need more salt in your diet...Drinking only water doesn't help for dehydration, you need something to hold the water in...

20. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    My second flatlass had informed me she wants to move out, for some phony reason, and that she'll now undertake efforts to find a new subtenant for our flat. I had to insist that I have a word in the casting as well as a veto in the selection, as it is me who has to live with them :mad: Stupid girl :mad:

My other flatlass is going abroad for a few months, and is going to find a subtenant, too, so I'll basically have two 'wildcards' here, bleh.

As the saying goes, just one bad apple can spoil the whole barrel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.