1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #94 (aka the Cesspool of Inanity)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
  2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I apologize to Banky for calling him a tracer. Inking over comics *is* a hard job.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

@Shell- I left my glasses in Wales. Even with these eyes, it's hard to see. Plus, the lenses focus the beams :p

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31

2 tips for anyone working in a call center of some type:

1. Make sure the person you just called a liar has actually hung up the phone.
    2. Pray that the call in #1 was NOT being monitored for quality assurance.

I got a call from a debt collector. There are 2 phones in the house - 1 my M-I-L uses and 1 downstairs. M-I-L tells me I have a call. I pick up and start talking to the agent. M-I-L hangs up her phone and the agent calls me a liar. I inform her that I am still on the line, then hang up. Agent calls back and asks if we were "disconnected", I tell her I don't appreciate being called a liar when I'm not and hang up again.

5. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Alright; we've got new P.A. 'advertisments' and in two days, I've already begun to hate the voice actors. :rolleyes:

Well, the bulk of my hate goes towards the 'writers' (if I may stretch the term this far), even though the two women - each of whom sounds very much like the other, so at first I was beginning to wonder if someone in the store had keyed into the P.A. and talked out a schizoid moment or something ;) - have incredibly vapid and inane delivery of their lines.

Here's an example of why I want to END the people who scripted these ads:

The pun would've been remotely funny, IF they'd actually done what the pun and the underlying logic of the script REQUIRED them to, and HUM. :rolleyes:

Granted, the fact that humming is a closed-mouth way of making sound makes it less than preferred while trying to make an audio recording, but you've got amplifying equipment, people!!! :shake:

I know I'm being nit-pickingly pedantic, but if you say 'hum' I expect to hear "hmmmmm", not "dahhhh"!!! :mad:

Having vented on that, I will carry on to I.O.N. - the weather today was FAN-dirtyword-TASTIC! Warm, sunny, light breeze to keep the temperature from getting TOO warm; the whole schmeer needed for a nice summer day. :D

...which now makes me wonder what we're going to get soon that will suffice as payment for such a nice day... :mommy:

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ah, sickness! Run away!

*runs from cow being launched by crazy frenchmen*

I'm sick -.-

(Which is why my jokes are even less funny than they normally are :D )

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Just saw Harry Potter 5 with me sis tonight, while it wasn't as bad as I thought my sister insisted to see in French. Don't get me wrong I *love* French. But c'mon! Translated movies sucks!

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ Kuemp - You should phone that collection agency and tell them the you are being harrassed and called a liar to your face (well on the phone) at least you can get some satisfaction from harassing the collecters instead of visa versa :D .

In other new, the weather is hot and we have two new $10 fans in the house that work very well for being cheapies.

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

We're trying to clean out one freezer, but we're about two laundry baskets worth of space short. Maybe I need to eat more ice cream, and get Grandma to bake more goodies with the fruit we have down there...

10. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh....got kind of sick last night. I took a cocktail of 4 different cold meds/pain killers, so now I just feel like crap. :bad:

Yay for drugs! :rolling:

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I slept passed 6 this morning.

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I slept past 11 :p

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm waiting for the email, that'll give me my SPS account, I've bought a six month submission, like 10 mins ago. Just my way to contribuate to this great site!

edit; There is no more coffee here! It's a disaster! Coffee me!

[ July 12, 2007, 16:39: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Dad called. Mom's at the hospice center in the hospital. Now it's just waiting.

15. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    I'm tired and the work day is not even half over.

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, that was an interesting day; training a new guy who's eager and a quick study, too - this is his second day and he's got a pretty good idea on how to do EVERYTHING! :whoa:

An odd thing happened during the day though...
    I popped back to the warehouse freezer to get some more fries to last us through the day, and when I returned, there was a pan sitting on top of the fridge/counter...that wasn't there when I left.

It's a standard steam table pan, with a removable rack inside so that what you put in there won't stick to the hot pan when it's in the display case. And due to wear-and-tear, we've only got seven of those things left; I use six everyday myself (five for the case, and one spare sitting next to the fryer so I don't have to carry a pan's-worth of wings in my apron! ;) )

Before the freezer jaunt, I had washed some pans and put them upside down on that counter which essentially is our 'drying rack'; they were still there, but this one was sitting right next to them right side up and with a small puddle of rather dirty water in it. I checked and all six of 'my' usual pans had racks, so it probably was the 7th, which I hadn't seen anywhere.

But upon asking, none of my coworkers had any idea where the pan came from - no one remembered using a pan like it for anything, nor had seen anyone put it there... :skeptic:

One of the few explanations I can come up with is some momentary discontinuity of the nature of time and space permitted this dirty pan to pop into existence spontaneously upon the counter, in the middle of the kitchen, maybe twenty feet from the nearest entrance (it's a big kitchen).

Occam's Razor has a few things to say about a rather complex set of circumstances like this. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, a simpler explanation, such as "Someone from a different department, like produce or seafood, borrowed the 7th pan at some previous time, used and dirtied it, then returned it today without anyone noticing them enter the kitchen, place the pan and then leave." has problems too, since there was always at least three coworkers who would've noticed something during the entire time between the last time I saw the 'empty' counter, and saw it again with the pan there... :bad:

Needless to say, highly odd and somewhat curiosity-provoking. But minor enough to put aside after some contemplation. *shrug*

In Weather, it is 'hot' (twenty-something is when you've been putting up with a couple of weeks of single-digit temperatures) and rather windless; walking home was pleasant but sweat-provoking (eww! ;) )

17. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

The world is full of irresponsible idiots who don't own up to the crap they pull. I advocate the death penalty for such lying buggers, but for some reason my elected representative won't return my calls.

I really miss sex.

18. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

jaded, where do you work? Do you own the place (sounds like a local pizza/sub shop)? How is it to work at a place like that?

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I ordered flowers for Mom. My dead brothers are "with" her; they aren't around me anymore.

And trying to convince a paranoid delusionist of anything is a bad idea.

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

/me hugs kuemper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.