1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #94 (aka the Cesspool of Inanity)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
  2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

What is this Live Earth cr@p on tv today?

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

3 things:

-Ate dinner with homegrown lettuce! It not only tasted good, but felt good eating it because I grew it (well, my dad and I did) and did not spend money on buying new lettuce.

-Saw a shoplifter today. As I was walking across the street to the store, some guy ran out with a full basket. A store clerk followed, but not quick enough, and he got away. It baffled and disgusted me... plus, it was such a small basket, what on earth could be worth it from there?

-Question: Have they fixed the bee-crisis in America? I haven't heard much about it, and I would prefer to continue eating produce.

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Death to all. Very much death. :flaming:

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

If I have a 6 am wakeup call on Sunday, maybe I could lobby to make Saturday my day of rest...

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Yay! Live Earth concerts around the world! :banana:

I work up late, so I ended up catching the tail end of Metallica in London, and I'm hoping to catch Linkin Park in Tokyo. The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumkins, Duran Duran, and Bon Jovi are a few of the other bands I'm hoping to watch too.

The 24 hour event isn't over yet! Get your arses over to http://liveearth.msn.com/ and start watching some concerts! :thumb: :rolling:

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

crap, i hate catching cold. my throat burns.

8. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I watched some of that Live Earth thing yesterday. Rubbish in parts, reasonably good in others. Fergie Cannot sing live :S

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Caught what appeared to be Madonna on tv just before bed. Very poor stuff.

10. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, yesterday at work was a bit of a breakthrough.

I've been having sporadic laryngitis for almost a week now - probably due to the fact that I can't not talk at work. I'll be fine, with a little tickle in my throat and my voice sounds almost normal, but after speaking for maybe a minute, my voice gets raspier and eventually I have to take a big, heaving cough which doesn't actually hurt, but I end up sounding like Harvey Fierstein for a while. If I rest my voice, I'm 'better' after maybe ten minutes or so.

Buuuut while washing some pans (and having a lot of hot steam from rinsing them rise up around me) I noticed my voice recovered faster, and sounded better than usual.

Near the end of my 'chicken cook' shift, I already had all my work done, so I helped the deli clerk to clean out the salad case; move all the salad bowls to a counter, remove the matting and terraced 'platforms' they sit on, then lift up the grill and use a hose spraying hot water from the sink into the bottom of the case to melt the frost build-up on the freon pipes; there was a LOT of cool/warm steam coming out of the case, and that was helping me, too.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm still getting croup like I did when I was a kid? No 'seal bark' cough, but I always had a humidifier in my bedroom growing up...

In Other News, Sundays are really slow days for webcomics - almost none of them update on the Sabbath (er, the Christian one :heh: )

11. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I watched some of that Live Earth, lol, I bet that using huge amounts of energy (2.5 billion people watching this show with plasma/regular/old tv sets; the private jets used to fly the artists around; the massive cooled serverfarms used to make the videos available to the Internet; the entire infrastructure just needed to get the equipment to the show and finally having that equipment running!) are allowed when you are trying to stop humans effect on climate.

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Ouch. Headach.

13. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Clinical starts tommorow. @_@

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

urg, i hate being sick

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I've got a great idea for a movie. Off to write the screenplay. ;)

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I think therefore I am therefore I want. Simple :D

17. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Jaded, might be croup, might be gastric reflux. I had a mysterious recurring hoarse cough a couple of years ago that turned out to be due to "silent" reflux - silent meaning I didn't feel heartburn. Acid coming up from my stomach was burning my vocal cords. Steam helped that, too, in the short term, but long term I had to go on prescription to cut down on acid production in stomach. And I am still working on losing weight.

Re losing weight: it gets harder as you get older.

Re pizza: a no-no on both previously mentioned fronts.

Re babbling: continue, please, it's always fascinating. Well, sometimes. Well, now and then.

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

There are a lot of women in food: Sara Lee, Betty Crocker, Mrs. Butterworth, Aunt Jemima, Little Debbie.

19. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

And in my case, a lot of food in the woman.

20. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I'm seriously ticked at Global right now. Where they used to have a 3 hour block with Simpsons, American Dad, King of the Hill and Family Guy, they have now put Big Brother 8 in the middle of it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.