1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #93

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
  2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If it hasn't done anything by now, don't worry about it. My F-I-L has a blue lead pencil tip in his eyelid and it's been there for 65+ years.

3. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

@Clixby - I tend to be in agreement that it's not much to be worried about. If you happen to strike the hand (stick it out to break your fall, for example) in a way that makes the 'lead' shift, it might start causing problems, but I'm fairly certain you'll FEEL it. :heh:

I've had a benign lump about the size of a pea sitting between by bicep and the skin for over fifteen years...simply because it hasn't done anything. At the time, I'd already had three operations in two years to remove similar lumps and cysts and I was feeling a little 'scalpel shy'. ;) The moment I notice it has grown, changed color/texture/etc, I am right over to the M.D. to get it out. :)

And as for splinters, usually I'm rather cautious (it's been YEARS since I've gotten one actually embedded) but I find my dry fingertips mean the epidermis peels and wears off having the foreign object fall out rather quickly. :heh:

@Iku - huh. Yeah, apart from that period where kuemper's computer was on the fritz and she'd stop by to 'borrow' mine, I'd never logged out, I think...

I guess I can say this for another reason:

Cookies are GREAT!!! :D

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    You know what? The stupid guy didn't showed today either, suposely based on some ''illness''. But I've got transfered to another sector anyway so I won't see that imbecile anymore. Very first day of work; does nothing, second and third; don't show up. That must be a record of bad employee-ship

edit: I just realised I register something like four and a half year ago wtf? :eek: I'm 18! Are you telling me I was 13-14 when I registered?

[ June 11, 2007, 03:26: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

finally got my bg2 back, that's a relief. but im feeling kinda down, bumped my brothers car lastnight and the side mirror is now hanging by some sort of coil :(

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Found an updated Angband comic.

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

We started bailing our hay two days earlier than planned on. The first few days are always rough as the equipment gets back in action and I get used to the extra weight of the fresh bales...

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I am here to say nothing. Therefore I have said something... Which means I need to try harder to achieve nothing... I think :hmm:

9. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It will be up to 30 degrees in the shade today and tomorrow, but from Wednesday we should get cooler weather and some rain. I can't wait!

10. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Hmm, I still have batteries lying around.

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    And yet you can never find them when you need them.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Another one bites the dust
    And another one's gone
    Another one's gone

Ah-hahaha!!

Caught 1 mouse last night on a stale glue trap in the closet. He was quite the squeaker and much bigger than the last one I saw. As usual, this one better be male and gay. I'll keep an ear out for more scrabbling.

*maniacal laughter with many exclamation points*

13. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I'm so ******* dead I've lost my wallet :eek:

14. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Gnarff, haying is serious work. We've had just enough rain to make it possible to do it again here. For a while the fields were so dry the balers couldn't form the bales - everything would just crumble away.

Meanwhile the ol' revmaf is experiencing a situation at work - unexpected deadline last week, some things didn't get done on time and now can't get done on time, and though others were responsible for doing them, guess who was "in charge" of that little project - major charlie foxtrot here. Hmm, may need to start working on the old CV again.

15. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I got level 40 in World of Warcraft Woohoo! Now I can ride a horse and wear plate mail :grin:

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Why did I ever allow myself to get talked into setting up Bebo? Sodding thing is more effort than it is worth.

17. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Think I dated a girl like that once.

In other enws, I spent the weekend at Maelstrom, a larp event, and got to play a samurai badger. It was truly fearsome, though wearing chainmail on the hottest weekend of the year wasn't so healthy.

18. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Time to go camping in the mountains again. I haven't been in over a year and I miss it. I haven't gone because the wife's afraid of bears. There's absolutely nothing like the high Sierra.

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    A Samurai Badger? Scary stuff indeed. I'd watch out Dinsdale- it isn't bears that should be putting your wife off of camping.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I haven't heard anything mousey yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.