1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #93

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I finally joined the ranks of cargo-pants-wearers! I musy say tho, I'm surprised by just HOW handy the pockets come in... no more needing bags to carry groceries every time I go shopping! :cool:

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I'm sick of the 'teeth whitening' fad, too. In truth, this is probably doing more damage (probably minimal, but still) by BLEACHING away stains on the enamel. In my opinion, that's a good start, but if you're really interested in the HEALTH of your teeth, rather than just a shallow self-interest in being 'beautiful', maybe you'll want to find a way to replace some of the enamel that's been eaten away by the caffeine and acidic food and...oh, I dunno BLEACH that you're putting past your choppers all the time. :lol: You DO know that bones are typically yellow, right, and that teeth are only white due to the enamel our bodies coat those exposed bones with?

I find that mint is thrown into anything that is supposed to be 'freshening', or remotely medicinal (menthol) - take Vicks™ Throat Drops. They USED to be simply sugar, ascorbic acid and tartrazine; you'd suck on them and the sugary syrup you would swallow in a trickle would somewhat ease your sore throat and discourage coughing. There were Cherry drops in a red box, Lemon ones in yellow, Orange one (hard to find) in orange, and MINT ones with .06% menthol in green.

But now, one can't find the green boxes anymore, and all the others have mint leaves behind the fruit displayed on the box, AND there's .06% menthol in ALL of the different types.

That sounds great (it's not very strong, and it DOES make the throat feel better) but mint flavour doesn't always mix well with others - the cherry drops now taste HORRIBLE, and the orange ones are only barely palatable. The lemon ones are fine (maybe even better, but I dinnae remember what they used to taste like before).

In summary, mint has become more of a cliche than 'lemon fresh', and menthol is a pseudo-medicinal panacea! :grr:

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Eww, no way, I can only drink skim milk, everything else is nasty. I guess I have my parents to thank for that, who brought me up drinking it... it taste so much better than nasty 1%, 2%, whole, or cream.

4. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Thankies, jaded empath. :)

I have Colgate Herbal toothpaste ATM. When I was a kid we only ever used an anise-flavoured toothpaste (Fluocaril). I loved it.

Tatian says: "Uuârun thô hirta in thero lantskeffi uuahhante inti bihaltante nahtuuahta ubar ero euuit."

Hint: me-ee-eeh. :D

5. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Anise-flavoured? That'd be awesome! You'd never get me to stop brushing if I had that!

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Why not just use Absinthe to brush your teeth then? :p

Mmmm.....booze. :yum: :rolling:

7. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    That would make it the worlds first Black Market toothpaste :D

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Because he doesn't want to become blind? :D

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Bordem seting in...

10. Kitrax

Media:
    Well...I never said he had to drink it after brushing his teeth. Make it feel like a wine tasting session. Smell, sip, swish, and spit. Just add 'brush' in there somewhere. :p

Hell, the two types of booze I drink most often have an alohol content of 40% and 50.5%...Listerine only has ~20%. :rolling:

11. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Afaik it's illegal here, otherwise I would...

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

It gets absorbed through the tissues in your mouth. :rolleyes:

13. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

About a couple more days of Hay then we're done. Will I survive? Stay tuned...

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Woah, busy day... lawn mowing, 2 hours of power washing, then to my friend's house... I had no time to research colleges (the time has come for it...).

15. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Yeah, and for good reason; not only does the alcohol get absorbed through your gums et al., but it evaporates and dries the tissues in your mouth; if you tend to tartar and gingivitis, that'll cause MORE problems for you than disinfecting your mouth helps - my dentist hates mouthwashes because of that alcohol content. I imagine anything more than one-fifth would only reduce any purported benefits...

Oh, and commercially-produced absinthe typically has an alcohol content of sixty to seventy-five percent... :p

16. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Currently running on pure imagintion...been awake 23.5hrs and have to start work in 3 for a 5hr shift... :eek:

17. Kitrax

Media:
    That's it? I work for 4.5 to 5 hours before I take my first break!

Try going to school, only getting a few hours of sleep, and then going to work for 12 hours. *That* is hard. :bad: :rolling:

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    You will crash and burn.

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Cold feet.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Cold hands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.