1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #91

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
  2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I thought today was quite busy.

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Dragonfly, just for you I ran a search and found my ancient topic. euglenoids

This topic arose from a comment made by Tal in an old AoDA topic. If you must see the orginal topic run your own search. :p

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Strange day I've had. Nothing strange happend, which is what was strange... I think this means my sence of normal is non-existant.

5. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

This weekend has an aftermath.

I am exhausted. Strange, how yesterday I was hungover beyind belief, but today I am fine.

Maybe it's the pints of water I necked last night?

6. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Met up with my very very old friend today! Felt so short standing next to her though (I knew I should've played more basketball when I had the chance). T_T
    Heh, we went to take her first sticker photo. Very fun. Especially since she's an aussie. I got to make her do lots of asian poses. :shake:

7. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Happy Mother's Day, mothers. ;)

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    That's come and gone here.

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    This just goes to show why you shouldn't let your wife near your balls- you'll never get them back.

10. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Yeah, they were made from elastic bands; the first I'd been collecting for years and was about the size of a tennis ball, so I started a second one - that had gotten to the size of maybe a large grape.

Well, I used to have a habit of dribbling one or the other against the desk while I surfed, and one day it bounced out of control and knocked over her glass of soda, so she took them away from me. I DID deserve it, as well as scrubbing the carpet, too.

But we still collect rubber bands and add them to the newer ball; she just doesn't trust me with them :rolleyes:
    Soon we'll have to start a third.

Weather appears will be semi-cloudy and a little breezy, but fairly warm.

And it was George Carlin's birthday yesterday (hey, I never knew until this morning :( ) so I'd like to close this report by paraphrasing his little speech of thanks to Ed Sullivan (they never got a chance to do a 'last show' - it was cancelled in between seasons or something):

Hey, thanks George! Thanks for all the wacky thoughts and jokes! Thanks for those naughty seven words; George made sure we knew what not to say on TV. And thanks for the fun and laughs, and snide remarks against the silly organizations we inexplicably put ourselves in, and the absurd behaviour we then consent to.

Thanks for making me laugh, and smile and well...making me feel better at many a time.

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Thanks to my DVD-drive, I haven't played BG II for over a month now :eek:

Daily Show's funny. "...Quest me."

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This week isn't starting out any better than last week and I've only been awake for an hour.

13. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Happy Mothers' Day to all you mommas out there!

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Already had it back in March.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    12 hours of sleep is GOOD, I feel up to any challenge today! Bring it on!

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    *throws bouncy ball at Flix*

17. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Happy Mother's Day to USA moms.

And but for that: mere babble.

18. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, my plans sucked.

I was gonna borrow my folk's vehicle to pick up the wing tray I ordered for 'noonish' so's I can give it to my mother as a nice, original present. (she LOVES buffalo wings)

...but, when I stopped in, dad said "yep, you can borrow the van, but you need to be back by quarter-to-one because we've got reservations for lunch."

Well, that just makes my gift look redundant - if she eats them before the restaurant, she spoils her appetite; and they'll be stone cold by the time she gets back. :(

And to make matters worse, also wanted to stop by Wal-Mart to see about some Western Union prepaid account thingy that debt collectors suggested to my wife as the only way to make payments against her overdue, into collections student loan (yeah, they refuse a Canada Post Money Order, even when they can be given the ID# and track it through both countries, and we've been sending them for over a YEAR now, with invariable reliability).

Now, the problem arises, however, when one goes to a Wal-Mart Canada store and finds they have NOTHING to do with Western Union, and the clerk tries to be helpful by calling up W.U's 1-800-# (on a sunday) to find out locations where we COULD go. And I'm too polite to tell her not to bother, since I know there's a 'desk' in my own store where I work, so we all stand around with her waiting on hold, and my wife starts blaming herself for this snafu (when in reality it's mostly the collection agency for being picky about payments and ignorant about differences between American Corporations and similar ones OUTSIDE the Lower Forty-Eight, as well as those pairs of corporations for having vastly different methods of operating despite sharing a NAME) and she gets huffy and I cut her off, and we both get all silent to each other, and I still end up late bringing the van back, and as a result I get a nasty glare from my father, and everyone's upset with me.

Yeah, Happy BLEEPing Mother's Day; since I've ruined everyone's up here, want me to ruin YOURS too? :nolike:

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    That does suck, Empath. It's a shame when your plans to improve someone else's day are ruined.

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I'm watching Beauty and the Geek for the fisrt time and OMG it's hilarious in so many ways! The guys are such geeks! The girls are such airheads! :lol:

Admittedly the guys seem really smart. But the girls must be actors or something, it's hard to believe anyone would be so clueless, actually, it goes for the guys as well. Heavens! :hahaerr:

Oh, but I do think it's one of the best reality shows ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.