1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #90

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I do not recognise the quote, but I steal your cake anyway.

I have been on pirate pub-crawl, and have been made happy by kissies. Bwa!

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Whats a pirate pub crawl? Do you go and invade pubs on pirate ships?

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I'm going to hunt for music!

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Light day. May have another couple light days with teh weather being crumby...

5. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Sorry Dfly, it's already earmarked Here and Here also Here

6. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Heard that my friend told my other friend that his train was already on the platform, so he raced for it only to ba taken to an unknown destination...hahaha

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

DFly, a Pirate Pub Crawl is when a bunch of (Mainly) students dress up like pirates, and go on a pub crawl. I was Cap'n Daie for the night.

Twas fun, but now I feel a mite delicate.

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I hope those Amazon purchases go through SP! ;)

9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    but of course O excellent one :)

I need to type without the letter before B, it doesn't work no more on my kb. It is difficult

10. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @Ragusa, you have obviously never had a taste of real chili. Come to our annual chili-cook-off and I guarantee that you will find that chili that will blow your brains out, curl your hair or straighten it if curly and do some other censored things. :evil: very :evil:

A good bowl of chili is hard to find.

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Nakia,
    my chili is renowned :) Friends of mine still mention with awe one I made on my birthday a decade ago. And as for the censored things, feel free to send me a PM :shake:

12. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    @Shell: So you can't say '' My beloved bride from Birmania just took a bubble bath '' ? :lol:

@Tal: Correct me if I'm wrong but, I thought SP received money from Amazon only when buying stuff through the games and books store?

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    :lol: Ragusa, wish I could taste your chili. Care to share your recipe? Mayhap you have already posted it in the cooking thread?

Thinking about the cook-off got me to wondering why men make the best chili. By that I mean a good chili should explode.

14. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Too much bludging when one should be studying is bad. ^^''

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

How do you do that WITH NO HANDS?!?!?! :confused:

It was pretty late when I was posting, but no one's flamed me (yet), so it can't be that awful.

16. Ragusa

Media:
    Nakia,
    for my basic recipe check here .

Only modification is that then I left out the potatoes. I like to add them because they add substance. However, sometimes I leave them out when I want to focus on the chili alone. I always deviate from the recipe somewhat, after all I'm no slave ;)

The trick really is the spicing. I don't like one spice 'spiking out'. Every idiot can saturate a chili with peppers. Chili peppers aside, I strongly recommend tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, black&white pepper, mexican chili powder and especially cumin for an adequately hot all-round spicyness.

PS: What makes horseradish so much meaner is that, when it's fresh and hot, it immediately stings in your nose, and, if it's really good, brings you to tears.

[ April 28, 2007, 16:07: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @Ragusa: So? My dad's curry will do that to you.

18. Ragusa

Media:
    Magister,
    I take your word for it. I got to admit my unfamiliarity with Indian food, and curry I only use moderately ;)

A friend once tried Indian curry, hot, in Manchester, and reportedly it led her to the loot about 5 min after consumption. Never had such experiences myself, luckily I guess. And thinking about it, I'm uncertain wether it really was the curry or rather the English cookery :evil:

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    On the topic of hot food, did you know the little green pepper's in Tie food are for decoreation only? A friend ate one by accident, turned white as a sheet, started sweating, and hurred of to the barthroom.

Lesson lurned: Not sure there is one. Funny though. :)

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Personally I've never seen the point in this 'macho strong' spicy food competition; I've enjoyed hot foods - curries, chilies, etc. but I think it was the whole flavour of the dish in general rather than just the acidity...

Mind you, I come from a culture that looks upon salt as a spice! :lol:

Anyways, I have dusty, dim memories of some at least rough guideline that conversations in RBP's weren't supposed to happen, so back to randomness:

"In The Future, There Will Be Robots"
    :borg:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.