1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #9

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    One law professor from my uni used to ask his students: "Does this bore you, my ladies and gentlemen, as much as it bores me?"

2. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Slow and steady wins the race, which means that by the time we reach the end of the world, I'll have more psosts than any of you! :)

Mania, Gasoline, Perfect, Danger, Yourself, Copies, TV, Armed, Coin, Bangbang, 25c.

(A million billion points for finding out where that comes from)

3. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

@Julius Skull: C'mon, at least you have your guitar!! :) I too don't go anywhere withou her (yes, I wrote "her" ;) ).
    @Tal: that's a nice photo, even if thinking about zoos always makes me sad.... :(
    @any university students: hey, I hope that you have some nice teachers too!! Some of mine are incredibly enthusiastic during their lessons, and they make them really interactive! (the lessons, I mean...)

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Isn't that one a Swedish invention anyway? You know, with all those tall blond women around poor Vikings had to compensate somehow for the lack of horned helms and big axes ;)

5. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Pretty good I guess..not completely sure :( . Didn't really study so I had to guess a lot :D .

6. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Tomorrow I'm going in larp game (live action role playing), Rajakatse! I gotta wake up at half past seven (I usually sleep to 11 am). Anyways, Arabwel is also coming there. It will be interesting to meet her and speak Finnish with her, since we have always spoken English here.

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Oh yes you do, well in my class atleast, you need to take a hell of a lot of notes. I wish they would just let us buy the text books instead.

8. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Yay for you. It's nearly three in the morning here. Kool.

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] hmm. I have to go to Oxford :wail:

actually... no I dont, I'm staying at Grandmas' for the weekend! I need to take my laptop, my school-computer (I have a word processor I use at school) and perhaps some paper, a pencil and a rubber, pencil sharpener as well, hmm, might take a book with me as well. Should keep me occupied and perhaps I'll get further in my Mods too :spin:

Still saving up for a new Graphics card as well, and external hardrive, dilemma is - Shall I upgrade Odessy, my laptop, or Esion, my big computer. :hmm:

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Oh Oxford. You're from England then? I always got the idea you were from USA.

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] USA? :confused:

nope! I'm a proud Brit, I've said so before I think :rolling: I probably thought my spelling would give me away :xx:

ADD ON - Can you guys give me an opinion on this (it's the start of a story)

The wind howled threateningly through the tall pines which creaked angrily in protest. The rain froze while falling and bounced along the snowy ground. Acruel, biting mist wound round the frozen trunks of the trees and rocks on the the ground. Amongst is all, a tall man stood under thre groaning boughs of a pine. His breath forming smoke-like patterns in the frozen air in front of him, despite the weather he is wearing a sleeveless, leather vest showing muscled arms and paw-like hands, he wears leather trousers and shoes, which leave large imprints on the slippery ground. He scowled, and leant against the tree and ran his fingers anxiously through his curly grey-brown hair. He was waiting for a signal. His sigh was lost against the howling winds. He glanced up through the branches at the inky black sky, they should be here by now.

We have to focus on description in the story :roll:

[ July 05, 2003, 11:11: Message edited by: 8people ]

12. Rotku

:doh: I remember now, you didn't know what a groundhog was. I should have guessed.
    And good start to your story. :thumb: What's it about?

13. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Now that you mention the groundhog again... what IS a groundhog?? Is it the one that looks a little lika a big black rat??

14. Rotku

Something in USA that hides in a hole once a year, or something like that.

15. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

More specific please.....

16. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

17. Eze Gems: 24/31

Cool story. Reading all that stuff in the Sola Workshop forum at FWStudios makes me want to uninstall Epic Endeavors and play Solaufein instead. HOT.

18. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Me too. Whenever I read about Phil and American institutions, for some reason I always want to uninstall Epic Endeavors and play Solaufein instead. HOT. :bang: :holy:

19. Eze Gems: 24/31

*laughs*

Anyways. Were at work. Annoyed Mr. Chocolate Boy again. Half-succeeded in my mission. Oh, whatever. They told me to go home early. Gah. The only day, when Chocolate Boy works and they tell me to go home. GRR.

Hate people.

20. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ah! Sun at last! 30°C in June and rain began to pour in at July 1st 00H00. At least today I could go play tennis for a change.

I saw Bruce Almighty yesterday, Jim Carrey is one good actor, not just a funny face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.