1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #9

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The thing wich the Dutch have in common with the Swiss is the anti-German reflex. But I think it's too funny that they are dubbed the Dutch. That means German in German. :D :D

2. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Arabwel, it sounds that Eryndia was a great larp. I hope Rajakatse will be also so good. Still two days for that.

I think I'm also coming in RopeCon, if I get money for entry and train tickets. And of course, if I have time for that (I really hope that I don't have anything else on that weekend)

3. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I had forgotten the rich wonders of chocolate. That is, until today.

Also, ginger beer is nice...

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Are you saying that the German word for German is Dutch? Deutsch means German in German.

5. Iago Gems: 24/31

Coincidence ? Deutsch and Dutch ? What means dutch in dutch ?

Hm, well as germany was founded, the English had to search a word for it, because dutch already was occupied.

No, I am actually only gealous, because you have name for your langauge. schwiizerdüütsch hasn't that.

6. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Nederlands means Dutch in Dutch. The English probably named Germany, after Germania. The German word for Germany is Deutschland.

I don't know where the term 'dutch' comes from. I do know that Holland comes from 'Holtland', with 'holt' meaning 'wood' in German. Holland was a great forest a long time ago.
    The Netherlands is actually a term from when Holland and Belgium where still one country, it just sticked around. Officialy the Netherlands is called 'The Kingdom of the Netherlands'. Since Holland is very low, in comparison with other countries (some parts are even below see level) they called it the Netherlands, with 'nether' being another term for 'low'.
    The French actually call the Netherlands, 'Les Pays-Bas', which literally means 'the low land'.

For more information about our wonderful country, consult your local library. (Just kidding, after writing this down, it seems very much like a history/geography lesson.)

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] And now for something completely different.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20030703/i/1057204963.2551128173.jpg

A meerkat warms itself under the glow of a heat lamp in its enclosure at Taronga Zoo in Sydney, Thursday July 3, 2003. Weather officials say Sydney experienced its coldest maximum temperature in seven years, reaching 12 degrees Celcius (54 degrees Fahrenheit), prompting zoo keepers to activate the lamps to help warm the meerkats native to Angola, Namibia, South Africa and Southern Botswana.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Thank you Tal for that amazing piece of intelligence :grin:

9. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

This is a false statement. <--- make sense to you?

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

[​IMG] Holidays at last! Two whole weeks off school. I so need a break, I fell asleep in two different classes today, and that was a short day today. (sigh) at least now I can go to bed earlier with no homework on my mind.

11. Eze Gems: 24/31

Today parents will be gone. Yippie.

Couldn't harass Chocolate Boy at work. Blääh. But he'll be working on Saturday. HELL YEAH!

Sorry.

12. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

If you think about it :D for a while, it doesn't

13. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Deaphon's right, it makes pefect sense :rolleyes:

14. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Well if you think about it, it can't make sence, can it. If it is a false statment then it would be true, which means it would be false. Which once again would prove it is true once again. And round and round in circles we go :roll:

15. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

So...bored.

Geography and Biology gone, only four more lessons Till Weekend!

I think I might collapse in either english, Physics, History or German...

Hmmm...

16. Rotku

Geography? Frostbite, you take geography? Yuck. I feel so sorry for you, it must be one of the most boringest subjects on the face of this planet.

17. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

At least you do not need to *do* anything; just listen the blabbering of the teacher who -most likely- is even more bored than you. To be in a kindergaden again... *sigh*

18. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I just finished my last exam: 9 weeks of summer holiday await me :D . Wieee, hope I passed everything :( .

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Congrats. How did it go pointwise? Exactly I mean.

MY 1000TH POST!! WEEE!

20. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Hmmm, VZ, a few days ago I was 100+ posts ahead of you but you beat me to 1000 anyway! Then I noticed that you've been around here a full year longer than I have...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.