1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #87

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, today I stepped into the Tea Room, and there before me was a Brand New Mug with a note attached, it was just for me. Seeing as how I broke my old mug a few weeks ago when a certain patient made me crazy.

Anyways, presumably, it was bought from my Secret Admirer, who is still secretly admiring me. Anyways, it's got Alpha Male #2 labelled on it.

There's a certain subtle humour in that that makes me chuckle. Whoever this girl is, she knows me (and my type of humour) pretty well...Yay!

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Today I have lots to think about, and lots to do

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Good luck with that. Here, have some boost. :coffee:

4. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@Dalveen
    Aww...lucky you! Well luckily I met a friend from school today who is also doing the same course. Although I didn't really get to talk to her much because we were in the bookshop..So hopefully I'll see her tommorow morning before our lecture starts. :D

@TrueBlueAussie
    ONE TEXTBOOK!? Ehhh....lucky you.... :( I have to buy two textbooks so far totalling over $200! Plus, my labcoat is already $40. Che, apparently at the main campus they pay $20 for a labcoat...-_-;;

--

Another 8am start tommorow. Lectures from 8-12 then 1-3...and I have to wake up at 6am. +_+

Well, I'm off to sleep then. Goodnight! :D

5. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Sorry, DotW, it's the fever. ;)

But I'm better now..wahoo.

6. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Jack Daniels is nasty. :nolike:

We went to this party full of old Asian guys who were trying to get me and the only other white guy plastered by drinking straight Jack Daniels. I took 3 shots to be polite...but I needed a hard tracer afterwards.

As of right now there are only two drinks I enjoy on the rocks: Grey Goose vodka and Absolute Mandarin vodka. :yum: I used to love orange flavored rum straight, but I've moved more towards vodka. :thumb: :rolling:

7. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

At QUT we can just hire them whenever we need them for a pittance. Though doing an IT course, I doubt I will need to do that.

I have a day off tomorrow!!! :banana:

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Oh, oh, oh! My compy might be fixed this week! Happy, happy, joy, joy! :banana:

In other news, I'm round 600k XP from level 99 in cooking.

9. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Oh my, I'm having a week off! I guess it's pretty obvious what I'm gonna do.

That's right, I'm gonna take a humongous dump.

10. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Only 1 more day at work then 12 days off. Cool!

Wedding's in 4 days and my fiancee is freaking out. Everything's handled but she's still tripping. Once the wedding's over it's off to Hawaii and back to normalcy (hopefully).

Jack Daniels' sounds pretty good right now and I don't even like hard liquor that much. A six-pack of Newcastle would be even better. :beer:

11. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

/me casts "Summon Beer" on self

*Wild surge: area effect*

:beer:

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Heh, speaking of Jack Daniels my brother went to on the distillery tour enroute to his Florida beach vacation a couple weeks ago. The distillery is in a dry county so there were no samples and they could not buy any Jack Daniels! I just about died laughing when I heard that.

How on Earth is THAT county dry? I have to imagine that Jack Daniels is a major employer there. You would think that the company and its employees would lobby to get that changed, or if the population of the county are that anti-alcohol that they would force Jack Daniels to move.

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

These meal supplement bars aren't too bad if you don't think about the bean curd.

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    JSBB,
    one more nail in the coffin of economic determinism :shake: From a business point of view that indeed makes no sense. Yet, the people have decided different. So, evidently, there must be something more important that has overruled economic determinations. However, not being American, I have no clue at all what that might be ...
    :holy: :pope: :holy:

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

No need to apologize, dear. I understand how it sounded in the context, and it wasn't my intention to make it sound rude, wrong or the way it sounded to you. Anyway, glad to hear you're feeling better now!

Second day off school. Time to whip out the newspaper and browse the web for a new job, since it looks like I might lose mine... or even if I keep it, I don't like the ambiance reigning around... and how much fun is it to work with a boss which has a strong dislike for you?

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Strangly all my real life friends are beginning to join Second Life where we can hangout and meet without leaving the comfort of our own homes.

17. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh s***. I have several tests today, and I know I'm not ready for them.

I think I will die.

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG]
    You mean George W. Bush is more important than Bill Gates? Sounds plausible. ;)

:hahaerr: And scary. :mommy:

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Monty,
    more in the sense that things often have multiple reasons that are conflicting or in synergy. In the above example economic interests are being overruled by probably religious or moral considerations. That is very interesting.

The world is a complex place and so I'm a strong believer in multi-causality, chaos and multiple motives. That's what always irks me about the 'the US are in Iraq for the oil'-types. No it's not only about economic gains for 'big oil', or Halliburton. That's a simplicistic view which inevitably leads to misleading conclusions. They only get about 5% of the picture if they leave it at that.

20. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Regarding the Jack Daniel distillery being in a dry county: many Tennesseans are hysterically opposed to drinking alcohol. It has its roots, as Ragusa speculates, in local religious history. To some extent it was also influenced by the temperance movements of the 19th and early 20th centuries. It leads to all kinds of nonsensical results like not being able to buy Jack Daniel's whiskey in the county that makes it. Locally it means that my town loses any revenue on beer sales to the next town down the road, because our town doesn't permit beer sales and theirs does.

No one said it had to make sense.

Meanwhile, I'm home from work but looking at having to go back for a late meeting unless I can wiggle out of it. Yech.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.