1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #87

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

@Ragusa, most excellent, my friend!

@Nakia, way warmer here in Tennessee. Currently 44 F.

Had my first serious experience of being work-related backstabbed (at least in current job) a couple of days ago. Even less fun than having it happen to you in BG2.

Ah, well. Nothing a few deep breathing exercises and my trusty Hammer O' Wrath O' Revmaf +2 won't cure.

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    revmav,
    thanks :) Still, I spare the party until I have the contract in my hands, but I am in very good spirits.

Job hunt is weird phase. two and a half weeks ago I sent out some twelve applications -- three went unanswered, I got three politely negative answers, I had six job interviews, I refused three jobs (two I had to refuse, the other I didn't want once I heared the exact job description), and have one definite positive result -- and I still have two options. That's quite encouraging a response. Still, the worst is the waiting.

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm a pisces - 'nuff said.

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    The collage swiming sports today and I am required to go.

Siting by a pool all day with nothing to do is boring... I can't even pots here :cry:

Note: For those who havn't guessed, I'm not involved in any races.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Philosophy is SO BORING.

Fortunately I have my laptop, and fortunately I can leech on my college's WiFi connection and post here while feigning to listen to this boring class... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Whoo Brallrock! PM me your character name and I'll put you in my friends list :)

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Poor DoTW. Had an exam in that recently. Lots of learning. Lots. My reading tempo improved as a bonus, though.

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    My head will defenitively kill me this time. I swear this headaches is the WORST. Gee what is wrong with me, I've had bad headaches each three day or so for the last month. The Flix hates that!

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

There was an epic knife fight today near my school, at lunch time. Between a grade 10, my kin, and a grade 11.. so it was risky. There's always fights, but none ever have knives. This time was weird. One just pulled a knife and everyone backed off.

But honestly, with all the fights at my school, I still don't understand; why do teenagers feel the need to fight? I myself, even if I detest a person, do not feel the need to fight them or harm them physically. Mentally and emotionally, maybe. But never physically.

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I think it all depends on how you are brought up Elwithral.

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I second that remark. A person's attitude towards others would result quiet a lot on childhood experiences.

This isn't a golden rule though. There would be hundreds, if not thousands of exceptions to it, but it has a solid principle behind it.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yeah, Dfly's right here.

I suppose this perticular subject could have it's own dedicated thread... but until then, what the hell.

If someone pisses me off, they deserve what's coming, and nothing pleases me more than laying the smack down on them... both physically and mentally. There once was a time where I would have just lived with getting messed with... but no more. Take no s***, that's my advice.

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If the parents see violence as the answer to problems then the child will see violence as the answer. Yes, what you experience as a child will always be with you, good or bad.

2:15 AM the Garden State and still 273 degrees Kelvin.

14. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Fighting is generally a last resort for most people. As, it mostly does depend on temperament and attitude towards others. Which in turn basically means 'how you were brought up'.

Although, I was in a fair few fights during my time in High School. And I never lost one... Although no knife-fights at my school...And I will fully admit that my prediliction for fighting was from the way I was brought up. When my Dad told me;

"If someone hits you, you hit them back. If someone hits your friend, you hit them back. But, never start the fight; That gets you into trouble. Don't ever let anyone pick on you. If you can win the fight, then good for you. If you lose, at least you tried."

Word-for-word, I swear. Not to mention that I was doing Ju-jitsu all through High School...And that's probably why I didn't 'lose'.

Anyways, now I'm a Nurse, and I like being a Nurse. But, there are always things that I see that just make me want to hurt someone...

Like people who say I'm doing a 'Woman's Job', and 20-something year-old men who give 12 year-old girls STIs...And High-School Pregnancy.
    No joke. It makes me want to go crazy.

EDIT; Please don't go into that topic too much. It should have an entire thread on it's own, and doesn't really belong here. But I said it to get a point across

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well said on all accounts.

/me stears away from the topic

I have had a boring day, therefore I am here not out there, which is obvious but stated regardless, which is also obvious...

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Improvised pasta sauce:

Tomato paste, (some)
    Oil, (less)
    Balsamic vinegar, (just a little, just because I have it and love it in pasta sauces)
    Thyme (some)
    Oregano (some)
    Mild curry (just a tiny dash)

Enjoy.

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    chev,
    you should add a fried until glassy onion, and some mashed tomatoes -- there are these cans or terta packs. Makes a difference. As for the vinegar, and curry, I don't know ... but then, even in the original form it would likely beat what my flatlasses cook ;) :p

18. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Tuesdays really suck at Uni. I have a lecture at 9am followed by a workshop that finishes at 12, then a 5 hour break, then another lecture and workshop that finishes at 9.

And I have a 75 minutes commute each way

It sucks. It really does.

PS: I was able to post this earlier due to the fact that it is the first week and we didnt have much of a workload.

[ February 27, 2007, 12:17: Message edited by: TrueBlueAussie ]

19. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

@TrueBlueAussie
    :p No we're not. We require an extra week of relaxation because we have bigger brains than everyone else hehehe... :angel: *ahem* (Hmm..The only thing I can think of about QLD at the moment is that ad on TV with the catchy tune that goes "Where else but Queensland?") Oh I *finally* got to eat some bananas recently now that the prices have gone down. :p

---

I was making 'radish cake' with my friend today and she made me shred all the radishes because she doesn't trust me to do anything else...-_-;; I think we used too much radish because the result was overpowering haha...-_-;; Well at least I know how to make the fried noodles we had for lunch now hehehe.. :angel: She got a Kakashi doll yesterday! It's so cute but I don't like how they made his hair out of felt. Plus, his mask is in the way and non-detachable which means there wasn't any space for them to put his forehead protector! >_< Kakashi is cool. :D

20. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Wouldnt that mean that you would be more capable to learn stuff than us Queenslanders and therefore be able to work and study for longer hours? :p

----------

I am going to go have a shower then it is on to some serious music listening (mainly RHCP and Foo Fighters) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.