1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #86

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have a new background that is cool. I made it from an old photo that I took at a theater festival. A croud of faces with the image darkened so that it doesn't detract from the files on the desktop.

I've been spending a lot of time scanning in a lot of photos, and altering them in photoshop. Eventually I will make a DVD slideshow out of them. Maybe good for a portfolio.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

If the Cats were really valued, then shoot the damned dog. If, when I was a kid, a dog attacks me, Dad would have shot it...

Is it just me or is the superbowl less interesting since I quit drinking?

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    School is over for the day. I'v done my homework and now I await dinner time. My life is so... boring. Yes, thats it. My life is boring. :sleep:

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I like wearing shirts, with or without tie.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yep. Though I can't really get myself to wear a tie with a short-sleeved one.

6. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I hate Mondays, but I love Thai food.

7. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Doctor's really are a waste. Half a ******* hour I was on hold, only to be told they're fully booked up.
    'Please call tomorrow.'

I've been calling since thursday!

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    This sucks, i shaved, now i look 4 years younger, and it totally doesnt suit me :( Sadly there is no way to get my goatee back other than time :(

9. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well I only got to stay home for about an hour, and then I had to go in to work. When I got there I found out we were shorthanded and that I had to take 3 patients (all 3 on a ventilator) for the night. It wasn't really anyones fault for once, alot of people couldn't get in due to the weather. A large part of our county got 2 feet of snow yesterday.

Off to bed for me.

@Late-Night Thinker, keep with it, the first seven days are the worst, by the end of 21 you should be able cope without it being a nagging thought all the time.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Dalveen,
    all you need is honey and a cat. Put honey at your chin, and kiss a cat.

You will look fabulous.

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good Morning/afternoon/evening SPers where ever you may be.

Sun is shining here but the temp is 9F or -13C

12. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Temp here, with the sun up for hours, is still only 14F. Over weekend had light snow Sunday morning, just enough to mess up driving. School started late today.

Here at work, I'm huddled next to my space heater and note that the room is now up to 60F. May pack it in and take some work home if it doesn't warm up soon. Problem is, my office is on the shady side of the building, on a poorly insulated outside wal - there is frost on the INSIDE of my window, actually.

We are wusses about cold here, I know, but it's still uncomfortable.

Stef, glad you're OK. The storm damage looks horrifying on TV.

All you sick ones, hope you're better soon.

All of you working on quitting/reducing smoking, hooray for you! It's worth the difficulties and I hope you all succeed.

Back to work for me.

13. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I think I may have slipped a disk...

/me tries to stand straight

*Ouch*

14. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

i just bought a pickaxe... dunno why really, but it only cost like 5 dollars or something like that

15. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I'm still tired as hell, and I have to go to school today. The joy. NOT.

I think I'm gonna give my boss back management of the full shop - those schedules are driving me insane. I'll do full time during the summer, but as of now... better focus on what will give me a piece of paper to hang on the wall.

16. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Ok, so far today I feel a lot better. I think the fever may have broken.

I had the strangest sensation earlier today---I think it was what people describe as a 'smell'. Amazing stuff!

17. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    School photos are costing me £45.50 :eek:
    What happened to the world? When I was at school they were £15!!!

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    God! It's f*cking cold here! Without the wind it's -22C with it -34C. I had to walk like 45-60s to get from the bus stop to my appartment, it seemed like ages! -34 Freakin' Degree! :eek: Like we say 'round here Ostie qui fait frète!

And on that I'm now going to install Ubuntu (Linux) on this machine and kick micro$oft out! Wish me luck... I'll post more when the change is done.

Edit; Is there any way of making Photoshop CS2 run on Linux? I'd hate to see this investment go for nothing.

[ February 05, 2007, 21:02: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

19. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Work day's half over. :cool:

It's been really warm here the last two days. It must be at least 80F outside. The rest of the country's freezing, though.

20. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Well today wasn't too bad...I also need to buy a new monitor in the next week, I'm also thinking of getting a scanner for my drawings...can't be bothered to trudge up and down the stairs to put my pictures up on the tinternet.

And if anyone likes calm, laid back, acoustic guitar, lazy, summer, picnic music...listen to "Iron and Wine" its great! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.