1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #86

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...my President's Day has already been planned. Spending the day down south at my firend's house...getting drunk at some point, shopping for a new hand gun for Jessica, and if my tax refund comes in time - I'll be playing with my new camera. :thumb: :rolling:

2. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    President's Day... how stupid. Shopping for a new gun? Your country is one ****ed up mess mate! :lol:

3. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

That why there are so many shootings in the States. I wonder how long it will take their politicians to realise that a cricket bat or other long, blunt implements can repel intruders just as easily but wont cause a major tragedy.

In other news, I am going to a friends 18th this saturday and it is only 3 weeks until my 18th :beer: :banana:

4. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I hate snow. Got home from twelve greuling hours in the ICU, and had to shovel out the driveway before I could even get in. Then they are working on a fire hydrant up the street and it is closed to trafic, so some lady got stuck in the neighbors driveway while turning around, so I had to go help the damsel in distress. Me and two other guys shoveled her out and then I had to drive it out because she couldn't get it out. Only took about 40 mniutes in the -9 F, and I was still wearing my scrub pants, and now my legs are freezing.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :bigeyes: Carnival! :bigeyes: My beer is waiting for me in the fridge, and soon I'll put on my costume and be out on the Streets of Cologne and probably get adequately drunk and will have hazy memories until ash wednesday morning :beer: :roll: :spin:

/me clears throat ... :banana: KÖLLE ALAAF! :banana:

6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Lots of folks around here think gun ownership is next to Godliness. I think there can be reasons to own handguns but there do have to be REASONS.

The saying around here, alas, is: "You don't want to bring a knife to a gun fight." And they mean it.

As for why Kitrax is gun shopping - I trust there is a reason. Is it a hand gun or a long gun?

7. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Is TopGear back? Damn, it seems I already missed three episodes :(

Bah, is it that time of the year again? Every year it's the same routine: bad costumes, bad music and bad drunks.

8. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Youtube has come to your rescue Mesmero.

Attack of the rednecks.

9. Ragusa

Media:
    Mermero,
    that's because Protestants don't know how to have fun :p The key to carnival is the mindset. You know, confession, it has a purpose ;)

10. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Kitrax's post says it is a hand gun. There's nothing wrong with buying a firearm. However, I'm sure this is a topic for the Alleys so I won't go into it any further.

11. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

That's wrong. We just don't need a wacky excuse for drinking ourselves unconscious and have unprotected sex with as much people as possible in the shortest possible time. ;)

12. Ragusa

Media:
    These Berliner folk you describe are what gives Carnival a bad name :evil: It demonstrates that you don't have a clue :)

See, it stops being an excuse when you do it every year for a couple of centuries, probably since well before this place named Berlin was even foundend. It becomes part of local folk culture and people look forward to it and enjoy it as an expression of 'Lebensart'. Celebrating, singing, dancing and drinking become a most solemn duty. Berliners can't even hope to comprehed that :p

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    /me yawns

Guys, guys, Confession is not for sinning with impunity. There's no absolution if you don't regret what you've done. :D And having fun isn't automatically sinful. :D

Now, I'm just not in the mood. :(

14. Mesmero

Thank God for Youtube.

Thank God I'm not religious :p

15. Ragusa

Media:
    Mesmero,
    you're tained. And you shouldn't have kicked them Spaniards out. Calvin was a bore ;)

Chev,
    we know what we're doing :D

... off I go

16. revmaf

Right you are, Dinsdale! My apologies if it sounded like a rant. :o

Meanwhile, it is almost noon and the temperature has shot up to 19 degrees here (F). Temperature in office is 58. Lovely. My hands are freezing and my crotchety last post suggests my brain is too.

No critique intended, Kitrax. Good luck on your shopping trip.

17. Mesmero

No, you're seeing this all wrong. If I remember my history lessons correctly, the northern part of the Netherlands kicked the Spaniards out, leaving them with the southern Netherlands. We then took over what is now known as the Dutch Antilles, and later took back the southern provinces (who never made the switch to protestantism and now celebrate carnival). We are now disbanding the Dutch Antilles, and actually making them parts of some of the northern provinces, so forget what they celebrate in the south; next year I'm gonna have some Caribbean carnival! ;)

18. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Smile to Dragonfly and it was.

Revmaf, that is dead on! So is the comment about local drivers.

Stefanina, on a visit to Florida people asked me how I could be wearing a T shirt and shorts at 65C or so. They all had jackets on!

Ragusa, we who are of the non catholic world know how to party. We just don't tell a priest what we did. :-D

Chevalier, wake up! Get your coffee.

Good morning all, hope your day is at least as good as mine has been so far. For once I'm in a fantastic mood and the day is bright. No I'm not on drugs!

19. revmaf

You go, Old One.

I am better now, too, now that I am back from lunch and found that the custodian put a space heater in my office while I was gone and got the temp up to 65 - it's hardly ever warmer than that, anyway, amazing what 7 degrees will do for your frame of mind. :D

Carnival, umm, my New Orleans raised brother-in-law knows a bit about their version and has a party set up this week just because of it. Yes, actually, he's a lapsed Catholic.

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, I drift back from a time away to report: the Princess of Spam will soon return!

Kuemper and I had a D&D session a day or two ago (for a mutual friend that came back for a week to defend his thesis at MUN) and she told me her hubby has gotten a new hard drive to replace the one she killed. :p

Now we just have to wait for him to work in installation, formatting,...oh, and reinstalling all those apps and things...I shudder to think how many Firefox plug-ins will be needed; I don't do jack and after checking, I found I have seven. :(

----

And in other news, was grocery shopping today, and had to get a large single item. Since wifey was controlling the cart, and she'd gone past the shelf, she unintentionally uttered:
    :lol:

Just one day late... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.