1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #86

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Classes cancelled.

Hangover curing.

Could be a cool today beginning...

2. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Happy Vday to all of the opposite sex and good morning to all.

It's almost 30F here and just a few of the smallest snowflakes, you can just see them. Mmmm, wonder if our schools are closed. Only takes 2 flakes of snow and could visit extended family. Bunches of kids in cold weather tend to keep my people home.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    You know what I call Valentines Day? VD Day. Just as you think it's buggered off for good, it rears it's ugly head again. Stupid bloody day of the year. The flowers, teddy and card I sent our lass cost me about 40 hard earned smackaroonies.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

It's just another regular day, really.

Worst ever, there's *speed dating* today from 2 to 6 this evening at school, and ou group somewhat got drafted into that. Needless to say, I won't be there.

My boss also told me he received something for me at work... I'm betting $20 it's a Vday gift from the sweet receptionist which chokes and pisses and turns cherry red everytime I'm around.

Meh, whatever. Excuse me while I go down some caffeine and finish my darn AutoCAD project.

5. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I bought myself a set of Sennheiser RS 120 wireless headphones and a DVD writer.

'tis a good day.

I spent a lot of cash on stuff for *myself*.

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Thanks Old One, and happy Vday to you too.

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Jack has today decided to wear the slippers and dressing gown he got for Christmas 2005 and has never worn...Unfortunately they're now too small :shake:

8. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hah, my guest cat Mickey now dares to venture away from under my bed (where he spent the entire day) and to explore my flat. He just greeted me at my desk. Very considerate of him.

9. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I can flap my bottocks together really, really fast. :whoa:

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Well we only got about another eight inches, and my 12 year old already went out and shoveled. The roads are closed but that doesn't mean jack for me, I still have to go in, and the cops wont bother me, joys of having a *neccesary* job. I geuss the snow is blowing like crazy and three counties have banned travel.

11. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I'm so tired from school and being sick that I've only had bagel and tea for food this week. :sick:

BTW, Susipaisti, that is some Zen stuff.

12. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, we did get up to 25 F today, dropping again fast. There is a convention of cable TV trucks outside my house so I guess my neighbors are having problems.

Came home at lunch to work here - office was doing its usual "it's cold outside and the heat's not goijng to work" - and discovered I had brought the wrong files and just gave it up and read all afternoon. I'll have to play catchup tomorrow, I guess.

Old one, there was a cartoon in the student newspaper where I got my graduate degree that showed a single snowflake drifting down and a local resident with a look of horror screaming: "Close the courthouse! Stop the trains! It's commencing to blizzard!"

Though, given our local inability to drive in any sort of winter conditions, it's probably safer to shut down school for even light snow.

On that note, it's to the kitchen for supper. In honor of cold weather, it's chili for me. In recognition of my aging digestive system, it's mild chili - what actual chili lovers would consider a sort of meat-bean-tomato stovetop casserole, I guess.

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I nealy failed VCE for being absent for 4 days. :eek:

Apparantly if you miss 10% of your classes you fail the unit.

14. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    That's definitely the case in Florida... even one snowflake freaks the state out :D

Mine and my (former) husband's answer to the Vdau thing was easy... we had a tradition of going out for a nice dinner once a month, so we just timed it for that day. We asked our boss to let us leave early, and got to the restaurant before the crowds. He'd also give me a single rose at work. I love roses, but honestly, one is just as good as a dozen as far as I'm concerned. It quieted the office gossip with a minimal disruption.

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I actually have to make the chili that way too because the kids couldn't handle the kind of spices that my husband and I like to eat. I just add our spices in the bowl (although it's would be much tastier cooked right in).

16. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Actually, I had a card signed exactly that way when I came in to work - I wasn't infuriated, merely amused, cause I know who sent me the darn card - I mean, come on, she blushes, chokes and pisses everytime she sees me - naaaah, it can't possibly be her. :rolleyes: :lol: :roll:

The package turned out to be my order from House of Kolor. Phew. For a second I almost thought someone send me a :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: :aaa: Vday gift. False alarm. I actually felt relieved.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Just saw Cry Wolf on tv, that movie was pretty damn cool. Best slasher thriller I've seen since Scream. The first Scream I mean, not all the crapfest sequels that came after.

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Look at DoTW the little stud muffin!!

I hope you let her down gently mate, if you're not interested. She seems like a quiet, gentle little lass. I think it's well sweet if she's sent you a VD Day card. Bless her little cotton socks!

19. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Did anyone watch Topgear last night? The lads painted "Im Bi", "Hilary for President", and "Nascar sucks" on their cars/pickup trucks and actually got attacked by rednecks.

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    "Zen stuff?", Iku thought by himself as he scrolled upwards the RBP. "This should be interesting, I like zen-stuff, I'd better check what this is about..."

Bwahahahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol: It IS zen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.