1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #86

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Ragusa, that is more or less it. We learn British English in school but American English from TV (By the way, Danish slang for a TV: "House Altar" ;) ). Danish and German use many of the same sounds, so it's no wonder if our English accents sound alike.

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

British English rocks! Heh, it;s evenmore fun when you develop the 'English' English accent.

'I say, owld boy, parse the port, dear fellow!'

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Learn N.Irish English. Your N.Irish accent will sound cool and be a hit with the women :shake:

4. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Good things are said to come in dozens. Now I got a date, and a job interview on Monday. Makes two. I'm thrilled. What else? Oh the possibilities ... :roll: :spin:

5. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Guess who managed to weedle a half day? :D Unfortunately for my poor battered credit card I decided this would be a good time to buy a new outfit... I won't say what kind of damage I did, the mothers on the boards would all faint, but it's enough to regret when my statement comes in :p

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Oh, yeah, I remember those. Much fun, that was. *shrugs*

Fortunately, I've been through with this stage since a long time ago. :D :D :D

7. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, the new computer was a dud. The CD drive was dead out of the box - which was factory sealed. So, after fooling around with utilities for a couple of hours I decided I'd had it and took it back. Ugh.

It was on sale, and I repent of the impulse that led me to buy it. Fortunately, the store accepted the return without giving me grief and I got my money back.

No new computer for now, I think.

8. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    It's so cheery to sign into a game and be greeted with the message "You are dead"

:(

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Its much better that happening in your game then in real life, I think.

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    You should see the weather here! The snow is right deep!

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yay I'll finaly will make the switch to Linux tonight! Wooo my Linux-Guru friend will let all the magic happen!

As for my accent while speaking english--- I seriously don't know, most of American stuff is dubbed but also available in english (the joy of a multilingual country). I personaly dislike dubbed stuff, I prefer to listen to TV and Movies in its original language (with subtitles if needed) But I guess I have a very french accent :p

12. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Playing some Dungeon Lords, not too bad! I am taking some time off from BG and BG2, and I don't feel like playing golf. Wife and kids are away for the evening, so I can blast the tunes while playing.

13. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

My dad frustrates me something fierce. I was mentioning some stocks to him which I feel are good investments---for example, Google (GOOG) is selling quite cheap right now (in my opinion)---and he replies by telling me that he would rather I found him an Israeli company.

Why an Israeli company you may ask? Well, I already knew the answer, but I'll tell you anyway: He said that since the Bible says Israel will essentially rule the world just prior to the endtimes (does the Bible even say that? I don't know...), investments in Israeli companies just make good financial sense.

He gets a weird aggressive look in his eye when he says stuff like that to me. I'm not sure if it is because in the past I have taken the bait to tell him how wrong he is or what...but either way, I have to eat less dinners at my folks.

It stinks that not only can I not relate to my father, but he chooses to have beliefs which specifically exclude the possibility of an exchange of reason.

Alright, I'm done griping...

And seriously people, think about some GOOG.

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Afternoon all. It's 1:40 pm and school is looking closer by the second.

Playing Morrowind again. Running through Old Mornholm sewers killing goblins with a realy big sword... :spin:

15. Dice

Media:
    @ Late-Night Thinker ... Family, you can't live with 'em you can live without 'em.

Why do I hear a dog playing the piano in my head right now?

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    @Dragonfly: Because music is nice. And because reality is something we all try and escape from every now and then.

17. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@ The Magister

True, true. :)

Serene man, your perspective has calmed me. Thanks. :)

I have definitely gotten a little wiser: In the past, I would have argued fiercely with him; instead, I told him about Teva Pharmaceuticals, the largest generic drug maker in the world...and Israeli.

18. Dice

Media:
    Why do I always feel that I've wasted a lot of time everytime I decide to play the sims2 for a while?

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well what do you know, I'm here again and I didn't even notice it happening.

20. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Back from Amsterdam...what a city. :shake:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.