1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #86

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@ Ragusa

Cool, have fun! I had a great conversation with a girl today...Amber...she's got a strong personality, and making her even more appealing, she works at the mountain where I go snowboarding...

*chirping birds*
    *dancing bunnies*
    *dandelions swaying in unison*

Life is fun!

2. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Did I mention that my wisdom teeth are killing me? :flaming:

3. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    My tongue hurts...I think I have an ulcer on it or something...stupid stressful education!

Hopefully getting a new monitor tomorrow :D 17" of shiney newness!

4. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

I am setting up my new laptop - sudden purchase. This is going to take forever, getting programs on it. I am apprehensive about getting my games to work - stay tuned, sports fans.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm my experience the major hacking up of phlems happens around week 6 after quitting. Thats when your lungs are beginning to heal and they decide to really empty all that crap they've been carrying around for who knows how long.

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    LNT,
    :thumb: :holy:

7. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Swish a bit of Listerine around in your mouth. It will numb it for a day or so, so just keep doing that until you can feel it go.

8. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    My screenplay or scenario or whatever it is called in English (The text you write to make a movie out of it) was dubbed the best of the class! It didn't have any problems! I'm so happy! It *will* be made as a movie for our end of year project though I won't be directing it. I'm really glad maybe I got what it takes to be a writer after all.

Yeaaaahhhh :roll: :rolling:

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Congrats Flix! So what's it about?

10. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I"M BACK!!!!!!!! :banana:

Camp was ok, but I did miss posting here.

Now onto Roleplay, AoLS and AoDA!

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Gone through a lot of money the last two days, but I'm happy with what I got. Three game books, a couple DVD's and 2 Xbox Games are the highlights. I like those old arcade games...

12. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Great, I still have that to look forward to :eek: But on the good side, I'm successfully still not smoking :D Quite surprising really what with all the stress recently...

Gnarff, I certainly know that feeling :p I had to stop myself from spending £130 on a coat yesterday, and I'd still not 100% certain that I won't go and get it today... Maybe I should see how much I gotta spend on my train season ticket first :heh:

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hearing English people say N.Irish phrases with an English accent is strange.

14. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

We played Wii today~~! Really fun but now my arms are sore...

Ooh...almost a new gem!

15. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I'd be happy to demonstrate for you :lol: Everyone here thinks my Yorkshire accent is hilarious :confused:

Re: Wisdom teeth - You'll all be jealous to know that I got all mine within a few months when I was 18, without any pain at all :lol:

16. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    YAY! My first post on using my new monitor :D ...Its sooooo cool, and I never realised how small my 15" monitor was compared to a 17"...weird :p

17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    People in Ireland used to think I was German! Don't they know the difference between Danish English (called "Danglish" by the locals) and German English?

18. Ragusa

Media:
    Zherr iss no dhiffrenz. Wih owll ssount zhe ssame, az long az we ent effry zenthenz wiss: "Wee vill vinn zhe whoar!".

19. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Most Danish I know speak English with an American accent (which is very creepy). I really don't know why anyone would want to learn English with an American accent.

20. Ragusa

Media:
    Iirc in most of Scandinavia US series and movies are not only very popular, but also undubbed. Consequently younger people speak it as they hear and have always heared it. Speak about creeping, corrupting US influence :evil: A Swede I met told me that her parents and grandparents speak an english with British accent, because they grew up uninfluenced by that, and were taught to speak so in school. That aside, I found Scandinavian english I heared over the years pretty easy to understand, and didn't note a particularly strong American accent.

In Germany most US series and movies are dubbed, so we don't have that influence as strongly. I think that's why my accent for instance is pretty British. Besides, I like the sound of British english more.

The few of my class who spent a year in the US returned with a disdain for ridiculously easy multiple choice tests, and a thoroughly rotten accent :shake: That said, they had a good time, except for one girl who ended up in a bible-thumping family in the corn belt. She returned early and with an unfavourable impression, and an accent unharmed.

[ February 09, 2007, 15:18: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.