1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #86

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Cats, oh we had one that left dead frogs on my pillow when I was a kid. I think it loved me.

Dogs, don't feed them chocolate. Call vet if dog has eaten much.

New job, yay team, hope it comes through.

Me, off to meetings rest of day. Weather forecast once again hilariously wrong - woke up to 15 degrees warmer than forecast, though still pretty cold.

Best to all SPers as I head down the Interstate of Doom for my next meeting.

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Need a new job too, my bosses are asses.

3. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I am on my fifth day sans nicotine, and it has started off kind of geeky. I'm drinking coffee which might not be helping things. I'm not going to smoke though. I imagine that an hour from now, this whole episode will seem distant and dim...

@ Iku-Turso

Great move man! I have tried quitting while smoking lights and I have tried while smoking ultra-lights...HUGE difference. Stick with the ultra-lights for awhile...you'll be completely used to them after a week or so---and then you'll have a quarter of the battle already won.

Hey, what does your name mean?

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Late-Night Thinker: Iku-Turso

Wikipedia to the rescue again! We had to read Kalevala in the middle-school, and I hated it back then, but now that I'm a little older and wiser I've learned to cherish traditional finnish culture a little better.

5. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

Heh, cool.

My name is actually from the Recent America. It means, "One who is self-absorbed." Alternative translations read, "One who is self-important."

...and I LOVE Wikipedia.

6. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

hashish and erykah badu is really good together

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Paperwork / files disorganized/ lament lament swear ... headache and some coffee and no papershredder when needed

Could it all be a bad dream?

8. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

Exam in a half-hour, the first of the semester!

9. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Dragonfly, unfortunately not.

I got the job, I start in two weeks :D And yes, that means I will be tired and moody and irritable FOREVER! But with money... :p

10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I think I'm addicted to World of Warcraft

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

I still have no computer, so I'm being a sneaky-type person on someone else's. :p

12. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Sent a job application out today by e-mail, got a reply by phone 30 minutes later, was basically asked when I could start -- and had to refuse because it was full time. &%$#~@@#!

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I feel kinda drowsy :coffee: ...must wake up early in the morning again...darn!

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...I went over to one of my co-worker's house to help with a computer problem they've been having. When I showed up, I was met by my co-worker and her husband, who are both in there mid-60's. They led me to their computer room, where I found NWN2, Oblivion, Heroes 5, Dungeon Siege, Doom 3, along with some other cRPGs. The scary part is...those games are theirs! :eek:

Could this discovery mean that there is still hope for old folks everywhere? :p :rolleyes:

In other news, we'll be getting about $1300 back from our income taxes in about 3 weeks, so I should be able to get my dSLR camera, buy some new clothes, and be able to save an extra $200 for my new computer...or I might use that $200 extra to buy a flash unit for the camera. :hmm:
    I love our tax lady. Even though my work pays 100% of my tuition, I was still able to claim it on my taxes, as well as some 'learning' credit. Even though I moved up into yet another tax bracket, my schooling helped out a lot. And now that Jessica works with me, our refund should just about double if she enrolls in school sometime this year. :bigeyes: Who needs children to get a good tax return? :p :rolling:

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Kitrax, :lol: I'm hurt. You have forgotten me. :cry:

16. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Me too :p not sure whether thats a good thing or not though. Which realm are you playing on Shell?

17. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Work day's over...finally. time to go home.

I can't believe I'm getting married in only 32 days. Time sure flies. :aaa: :grin:

18. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I gave blood today at college, I just loved needles! The little pain it procures is great! :thumb: Plus I got a free cookie.

@DotW; the problem is I don't know which Parition I need to make to do the « / » root ... and Ubuntu can't seem to locate my WiFi internet connexion. The rooter, my mum's compy, still use WinXP. So screw that I'll use Fedora Core 6 with KDE. I've read relatively a lot about GNOME / KDE and I think most users agrees KDE is the best... or whatever it is called.

And wtf is the « / » root anyway?!

Edit; DUCT TAPE is like The Force It has two side (on bad one good) and it holds the univers together.

[ February 07, 2007, 04:03: Message edited by: Ofelix ]

19. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    @ Ofelix - You truely could wreak havok and fear with that statement for the billions of people who
    are scared pooless of needles. Personally I'm not one of them although I probably wouldn't go out of my way to get a needle.

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Finished my last round of self-modding on Morrowind a few minutes ago, so I'm about to start my fourth character. A Dunmer Telvanni named Elim Garak (a cookie for the first nerd who gets where that's from), who will be a mage-assassin type. With this coming shortly after my discovery of just how awesome Alchemy can be, though, it's going to be hard trimming the skill set down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.